Derby County vs Leeds United (Play-offs)

cannable

In Harrison's post match interview just then, he knows he's got away with that pen decision. We're lucky to be just one goal down though.

Hopefully we put out a team that can attack on Wednesday. Nugent shouldn't be starting at all. We had no outlet after he'd done his 20 minutes of running.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DJFern94 said:

I wouldn't say we have been outwit, we had two major decisions go against us for the pen and then only a yellow for the headbutt. 

30 seconds of poor luck vs 94 minutes of doing all the wrong things?

It's a noisy pub here and that game gave me literally nothing to shout about. Our play was simply not good enough collectively and consistently around the field. 

Leeds weren't great and started actually tentatively I thought. But we played entirely the wrong game against them. 

At one stage I thought our entire midfield were brysons as they all seemed to simply hit the ball back in the direction that they were facing.....

1 minute ago, LittleEatonRam said:

If you're honestly saying that you'd say that was a penalty if we'd have 'conceded' it, you're full of poo.

The reason it was overturned was for a Bogle foul. Go and find me a Bogle foul anywhere there please and thank you

As much as it’s irritating that we didn’t get the pen and the headbutt didn’t get a red, these things happen in football and you just have to get over it. The truth of it is that Derby were poor today, the poorest I’ve seen us since Blackburn. The first half Leeds dominated but created nothing, the second half we begin brightly I thought but conceded from a well worked goal. After that we had bright sparks every once and a while but I think the decisions we didn’t get really de-moralised the players and eventually they slumped their way to the final whistle. I don’t trust our Away form enough to be confident, but we will have to take the game to Leeds which should hopefully bring us out of our shell a bit.

We have to have the mindset that this is a one-leg tie and that they scored in the first minute.

I think Frank showed some naivete today. Especially picking Nugent - he is a spent force. His holding up of the ball isn't even that good.

We have to really attack them from the get-go.

Leeds bottled it at home to Sheff Utd and then bottled it against Wigan. They're capable of bottling it again if we can score early.

Gave the crowd absolutely nothing to get behind, not a single shot on target at home, that is so disappointing whichever way you cut it, whatever opposition you are playing. Shame, I think a goal today would have blown the roof off PP and perhaps opened the floodgates but we never looked like scoring all game IMO.

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

30 seconds of poor luck vs 94 minutes of doing all the wrong things?

It's a noisy pub here and that game gave me literally nothing to shout about. Our play was simply not good enough collectively and consistently around the field. 

Leeds weren't great and started actually tentatively I thought. But we played entirely the wrong game against them. 

At one stage I thought our entire midfield were brysons as they all seemed to simply hit the ball back in the direction that they were facing.....

The 30 seconds of poor luck were the big moments of the match for us.

As good as Leeds looked compared to us, they weren't rampant, they scored one goal which was a good goal. Apart from that goal they were sloppy in the final third, wasting at least 3 good chances.

Leeds press hard and we just couldn't play out of it.

As someone who has never rated Lampard and the current squad as much as some on here, I'm disappointed, but not surprised by today's result.

I was pretty dismayed with the performance though. Lampard got this every bit as wrong as Rowett did away to Fulham in last year's playoffs. Not one shot on target. The world and his wife could have seen it coming as soon as Lampard inexplicably started with Nugent on his own up front.

They're still not out of it though. Hopefully Waghorn is fit or Marriott is called back up, because we need goals and Nugent is not the answer.

Against:

1. No team has ever lost the first game and go on to play in the final.

2.We were utter rubbish today.

3. Nugent and Malone.

4. Tactics.

For:

1. If we turn up on Wednesday we can beat these.

2. No team has ever lost the first game and go on to play in the final - so its about time one did.

11 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Pathetic.

One manager with all the know-how. Another manager with none.

Yes we weren’t great in the first half and after a good first 10 the tactics were wrong. Took conceding to up our game and have a go at them. And when we did we looked dangerous and they lost a lot of the threat. I’d say pathetic is a bit strong though. We know from that last 20 mins how we need to approach the second game. Take that on and I’d say there we’ve still got a good shout of getting a result. 

Keogh not helping matters on Radio Derby. Sounds defensive and insists they played well. Also to be petty he doesn't fill you with confidence how he speaks, if this is our leader who can barely vocalise a sentence, it's hard to believe there's thats a fierce leader who can inspire his players. 

Archived