Derby County vs Leeds United (Play-offs)

cannable

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Has anyone seen the penalty incident? It looked like one to me. What happened to Tomori? He felt something happened the ref gave a yellow card for something.

https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/1127270726921326594

To me, the penalty would have been soft, but there is contact, and Harrison does go through Bogle to get to the ball. I can't see it as being something so blatantly wrong that it had to be overturned, and I certainly can't see a foul from Bogle in there, though. I think the linesman (ironically, he's called Eddie Smart) had no call to overrule the referee there.

Klich's headbutt is a red any day. It's a headbutt. Headbutts are reds. Unless the officials have given a yellow for something else entirely, they've got it absolutely wrong by the rules of the game.

Frank let me down today, I was quick enough to criticise Rowett for his tactics in last seasons play offs, regrettably Frank gives me little choice but to criticise his. 

No shots on target, at home, in a play off first leg, dismal, nothing else to add.

We didn't play well, no where near how we're capable of playing. However, the good news is it's only 1-0. Here's hoping we can set a new record and come from behind to reach Wembley on Wednesday night.

15 minutes ago, JfR said:

https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/1127270726921326594

To me, the penalty would have been soft, but there is contact, and Harrison does go through Bogle to get to the ball. I can't see it as being something so blatantly wrong that it had to be overturned, and I certainly can't see a foul from Bogle in there, though. I think the linesman (ironically, he's called Eddie Smart) had no call to overrule the referee there.

Klich's headbutt is a red any day. It's a headbutt. Headbutts are reds. Unless the officials have given a yellow for something else entirely, they've got it absolutely wrong by the rules of the game.

Thanks for that. 

The penalty would have been soft but it should have been a corner to Derby from what I have seen. The head butt was a bit daft. Tomori should have gone down after contact, Bamford style.

What annoys me is being taken in with talk of unity and desire and then seeing none of it when it comes down to it.  The tactics were wrong and that didn't help, but still, don't talk the talk but then not walk the walk. 

Sadly Leeds have a better team with better players and a much, much better manager. I have no complaints about the result, it could have been more. tactically horribly by Lampard and not helped by the ineptitude of Wilson, Nugent and Malone. I thought the referee was among the poorest I have seen this  season, but that was not his fault that we were so poor.

I felt a bit sorry for Nugent today.

He held the ball up a few times then needed a telescope to see any support.

Once again there were few Derby players who wanted the ball today.

Duane Holmes was a bright spark but when he went off we were clueless.

Leeds simply worked harder than us and wanted it more.

8 minutes ago, bcnram said:

Sadly Leeds have a better team with better players and a much, much better manager. I have no complaints about the result, it could have been more. tactically horribly by Lampard and not helped by the ineptitude of Wilson, Nugent and Malone. I thought the referee was among the poorest I have seen this  season, but that was not his fault that we were so poor.

Leeds don't have better players than us. Hence why with largely the same crop they finished 13th. Management, yes.

Some right overreactions in here. Some of you are baby’s. Beaten by the better team, that happens. They finished 3 positions above us... We can’t always have it our own way. 

It may have been a penalty but that’s the swings and roundabouts of football. Hopefully we start Marriott/Waghorn on Wednesday and we give it a right go. 

It’s half time and we are 1-0 down. Poor today but if can put a performance in like Man U away, Chelsea, Southampton or WBA away then we can do this.

Never hated Leeds as much as I do today, horrible on and off the pitch. 

Come on you Rams, we’re still in this. 

Thought we looked like a young team who have been through a long hard season. A lot of misplaced passes and lack of composure but the warning signs were there against WBA. Also I thought Bielsa putting a man on Bogle all game really hampered us, a key tactical ploy.

Fully get the Nugent idea, we have goals all over the pitch so get someone to upset them but he’s not on the right wavelength.

With that considered, Leeds never really broke us down aside one fantastic pass. Thought for all their possession we defended well first half and we weren’t really under ‘pressure’. It’s not over yet and think we can take some confidence into that last leg.

I thought the big one was the officials in all honesty. When he didn’t give Wilson a free kick against Dallas in the first half I thought we were in trouble. It was the first key moment of the game that because Derby had started well and lost all momentum after. A match like tonight’s is begging for a ref who can take control and not take a laissez faire approach. Someone who stops the time wasting, stop the ball being kicked away but that wasn’t to be. It’s a pen, he kicks Bogle’s leg. Disgusted we didn’t get that. Then the headbutt is just a slap in the face. Keogh makes one foul, gets booked. How many times did they foul to stop players going through with barely a talking too? Poor poor poor.

Yet all that, we are still in the tie. Got nothing to lose, let’s get at them.

I think the result against West Brom papered over the cracks, we’ve been doing that a lot this season. We have a poor game then a good game and so on.

We looked terrified of making mistakes today and gave them far too much respect.

Not pressing as a team but as individuals. No support when we had the ball, only Holmes running at them and causing problems. 

Nugent is the last name I wanted to see on the team sheet but I don’t actually think his hold up play was bad, he just never had anyone to play off him.

It’s frustrating that Lawrence only seems to turn it on when we’re already winning, but struggles when the going gets tough.

I honestly don’t think we’re out of this one but it’s going to take our best performance of the season to turn it around.

47 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Thanks for that. 

The penalty would have been soft but it should have been a corner to Derby from what I have seen. The head butt was a bit daft. Tomori should have gone down after contact, Bamford style.

Credit to Tomori for not going down. Nice to see a footballer with the integrity and honesty not to play act for once. It was still a red card, mind.

3 hours ago, goldstar said:

Keogh not helping matters on Radio Derby. Sounds defensive and insists they played well. Also to be petty he doesn't fill you with confidence how he speaks, if this is our leader who can barely vocalise a sentence, it's hard to believe there's thats a fierce leader who can inspire his players. 

Haven't they just voted him their player of the year ?

3 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Haven't they just voted him their player of the year ?

Yep, they may have a great rapport with him and he gives his all, doesn't mean he's a reliable leader though, just means the effort is top notch which I can't fault him on. Not putting the blame on Keogh thought he had a good game today, just don't enjoy his interviews 

Always thought Craig pawson was one of the worst prem refs and today confirmed it for me. Don’t know how on Earth he got a game of this magnitude, so many incorrect decisions from him and his assistants. I don’t think it was a pen, but once you’ve given it, how the hell do you let yourself be overruled by the linesman who’s further away?! Absolute bottlejob

Archived