Trouble ahead?

BuckTaylor64

On 20/04/2019 at 14:50, BuckTaylor64 said:

Wishful thinking? Garbage? OK then show me the queue to buy our club? Morris has clearly stated that he wants his money back! Would be willing for payback over a period of time! He's in cuckoo land if he thinks he's getting it all back. 

Now go take a look at all companies attached to Derby and add up all of the debt! 

Can you please post a link to any articles where MM has clearly stated that he 'wants his money back'? I've genuinely never heard him say this or even as much as hint at it.

In terms of a queue for buying the club, MM stated that various parties had shown a recent interest and talks were ongoing, this would seem to be backed up by a few recent news articles.

Not sure about the debt in all of the clubs attached to Derby County, very hard to tell at the moment given that the new holding company and the stadium company have yet to file accounts. I'd certainly imagine it's going to be a large number but the only really relevant figures are those shown in the club accounts and, off the top of my head, external debt in these amounts to £3m. 

5 minutes ago, BuckTaylor64 said:

Hopefully we will get away with it, but any future purchases will have to be funded by sales! People may laugh at the moment, but anyone who thinks this club is in a good position financially is seriously deluded and in for a massive shock. Years of wasteful spending is coming back to bite us! We will need Frank to pull off some quality loans again next season should we not go up!

I don't think anyone is under any illusion about the finances of the club. Having to sell our ground obviously shows that all is not well but I believe that was done more for FFP purposes than because of us being in financial trouble.

If the wage bill savings alluded to by MM come to fruition over the next 2 seasons I think we will be in a reasonably good financial position. Selling a homegrown player every season, whilst not ideal, is probably the only model that will make any club self sufficient in this division.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19/04/2019 at 01:08, Woodley Ram said:

There is a big misconception pointed out my many of here, that every year we have spent big, as others have already said, apart from one mad year we haven’t

Such a shame the man who was put in charge of that warchest was that idiot Clement.

7 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

It was today, they're probably still trapped in the City Ground corridors, trying to escape everyone blathering on about a couple of stars.

"Excuse me.  Could you show me the way out please"

"Certainly, my freaky five toe'd friend... Just walk backwards down the enchanted corridor.  When you get past 1979, you will find yourself back out in the real world"... "Oh... Are you not wanting that pie?  Shall I take care of it for you?"

My bluenose mates are moaning about how we've avoided ffp punishment. 

I then ask them how they've been punished, 'we've lost 9 points' they say. I then point out what a cosy arrangement that was, did it stop then getting in the play offs or relegate them? No, it was just enough for a slap on the wrist. It should have been enough to put them in serious danger of relegation or 9 points at the start of next season which would have blunted their ambitions. 

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

My bluenose mates are moaning about how we've avoided ffp punishment. 

Living in Birmingham you'd think they'd have better things to worry about. Only city I can think of where you can pay a fiver to circumnavigate the dump at 100 MPH plus. Says it all really.

9 hours ago, BuckTaylor64 said:

Hopefully we will get away with it, but any future purchases will have to be funded by sales! People may laugh at the moment, but anyone who thinks this club is in a good position financially is seriously deluded and in for a massive shock. Years of wasteful spending is coming back to bite us! We will need Frank to pull off some quality loans again next season should we not go up!

We already have to fund our purchases by selling our best players. We've had to sell the likes of Ince, Hughes and Vydra just so the next manager on the merry go round could actually make changes to the squad. I suspect Bogle will be the next to go to fund new players for next year.

Sounds like we've been given the all clear on the FFP front if the postings on Twitter are anything to go by, though I'd still like to see a better source on that than a half dozen Derby fans on the #DCFCFans hashtag telling Gibson to do one.

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

Living in Birmingham you'd think they'd have better things to worry about. Only city I can think of where you can pay a fiver to circumnavigate the dump at 100 MPH plus. Says it all really.

I've lived in Brum all my life, like any city or town, there are good parts and bad parts.  I remember  going to Vancouver, the third best city in the world, unfortunately we took a wrong turn and ended up in the 'Bronx' part of the city.

26 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yes let’s leave it in the hands of the impartials hey Gibson?

I suppose that if he was chairman of Rotherham, he would have been demanding to know why Birmingham didn't get a 20 point deduction.

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

Chaddesden, Sinfin,  Pear Tree, Normanton, Allenton

30 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I've lived in Brum all my life, like any city or town, there are good parts and bad parts.  I remember  going to Vancouver, the third best city in the world, unfortunately we took a wrong turn and ended up in the 'Bronx' part of the city.

Mate, it was just a (poo) joke. 

Archived