Trouble ahead?

BuckTaylor64

25 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Basically FFP is ruining Football 

I "love" that we got screwed over by the 3 amigos and THEN the football league brought in a 'fit and proper persons' test for owners - And then they bring in FFP just in time for us to get an immensely wealthy full on Derby fan in who would like to throw money at the club but can't!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, BuckTaylor64 said:

The meeting of EFL clubs next week in Nottingham will see Middlesbrough Owner Steve Gibson pushing for investigations into the finances of Derby County, Aston Villa and Sheffield Wednesday.

He is basically implying that the three clubs are bending the rules to apply to profitability and sustainability rules which replaced Financial Fair Play.

If the clubs are in breach they could face one or more of the following sanctions.

a) Points deduction of up to 12 points.

b) A large fine

c) Banned from competing in the play-offs

d) Banned from being promoted

e) Transfer Embargo

Whatever the outcome, I think it's fair to say that rules will be tightened to prevent a repeat of owners selling themselves the ground.

Derby County are in a financial mess. Ignore those who are praising Mel Morris's claimed genius actions, the fact are!

a) The club is suffering heavy losses financially.

b) The wage bill need cutting by at least 70%

c) The club now has very few assets to offer interested parties that may want to invest or buy the club. Unless the Stadium was sold back for a nominal fee.

d) The manager will have tied hands and it will take some real magic in wheeling and dealing in the transfer market to keep us competing in the division.

e) If the owner were to sell it's likely that he would have to write off much of the money that has been loaned to the club.

f) Prospective buyers could sit and wait until there is a danger of the club going into administration before making an offer.

All in all the team needs promotion and the riches of the Premier League, if we are allowed to even take part in the play offs after next weeks meeting. 

mad max thats GIF

10 hours ago, BuckTaylor64 said:

The meeting of EFL clubs next week in Nottingham will see Middlesbrough Owner Steve Gibson pushing for investigations into the finances of Derby County, Aston Villa and Sheffield Wednesday.

He is basically implying that the three clubs are bending the rules to apply to profitability and sustainability rules which replaced Financial Fair Play.

If the clubs are in breach they could face one or more of the following sanctions.

a) Points deduction of up to 12 points.

b) A large fine

c) Banned from competing in the play-offs

d) Banned from being promoted

e) Transfer Embargo

Whatever the outcome, I think it's fair to say that rules will be tightened to prevent a repeat of owners selling themselves the ground.

Derby County are in a financial mess. Ignore those who are praising Mel Morris's claimed genius actions, the fact are!

a) The club is suffering heavy losses financially.

b) The wage bill need cutting by at least 70%

c) The club now has very few assets to offer interested parties that may want to invest or buy the club. Unless the Stadium was sold back for a nominal fee.

d) The manager will have tied hands and it will take some real magic in wheeling and dealing in the transfer market to keep us competing in the division.

e) If the owner were to sell it's likely that he would have to write off much of the money that has been loaned to the club.

f) Prospective buyers could sit and wait until there is a danger of the club going into administration before making an offer.

All in all the team needs promotion and the riches of the Premier League, if we are allowed to even take part in the play offs after next weeks meeting. 

You do realise that you've missed April Fools' Day by over a fortnight?

I've said for years that ffp is flawed as a protection for clubs from reckless owners. 

Ffp prevents the likes of MM and Fernandez of QPR, GIVING their clubs money and so keeping them debt free. However, ffp is perfectly happy for a small club like Rotherham to lose £13m a year for the next 10 years, amounting to £130m in debt, without any hope of ever being able to recover from that situation. 

This story is the Mardy Mr Gibson getting upset because his own tilt at blowing the budget to gain promotion seems to be foundering.

We are sound, the EFL has said nowt and Gibson will get nowhere with this.

He has no more knowledge of the finances of the clubs mentioned than you or I.

Not sure why everyone takes it so personally.

divisional rules can be introduced, if agreed by 75% of the clubs in the division. Why not listen first to what all sides have to say. The problem is that our side haven't said much.

Jesus Christ, talk about overdramatics, you ever considered Craig ramages job?! Your so called “facts” are more flimsy than Harry Wilson under a challenge, it’s all rumours and conjecture, most of that I haven’t even seen reported! It’s true we’ll face sanctions and be in trouble IF we’re found to have been doing anything dodgy, and clearly at that point there would be fingers being pointed at poor ownership, but from what I can tell right now, Steve Gibson is talking out his arse and there’s nothing to worry about. So how about we wait until we actually have a report suggesting we’re seriously in trouble before this sort of reaction yeah?

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

I've said for years that ffp is flawed as a protection for clubs from reckless owners. 

Ffp prevents the likes of MM and Fernandez of QPR, GIVING their clubs money and so keeping them debt free. However, ffp is perfectly happy for a small club like Rotherham to lose £13m a year for the next 10 years, amounting to £130m in debt, without any hope of ever being able to recover from that situation. 

The maximum amount you can fund via debt is £5m per year, anything beyond that has to be injected as equity up to the maximum of £39m over a 3 year rolling period.

To all those who say Steve Gibson is bang out of order you might want to look back to the bruhaha caused when QPR got promoted - we were all stamping in our wee wee back then weren't we? I actually like Gibson, he's one of the few owners who you really wouldn't have minded if he had been ours.

I love the suggestion that everyone else is at it so why shouldn't we be? Yes, Mel has played by the rules with the stadium sale, and good luck to him for that, but it doesn't take away from the fact that all football clubs are playing a very high risk game. You want to get promoted in this league there is simply only one way of doing it - get bank rolled by a sugar daddy and hope you get up there before they get bored. But the whole house of cards will tumble, and I think that was the point of the OP. At the moment we're choosing to play and hoping it goes the way we want it to but Bolton won't be the last to taste what it feels like when the three year plan doesn't come off.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Jesus Christ, talk about overdramatics, you ever considered Craig ramages job?! Your so called “facts” are more flimsy than Harry Wilson under a challenge, it’s all rumours and conjecture, most of that I haven’t even seen reported! It’s true we’ll face sanctions and be in trouble IF we’re found to have been doing anything dodgy, and clearly at that point there would be fingers being pointed at poor ownership, but from what I can tell right now, Steve Gibson is talking out his arse and there’s nothing to worry about. So how about we wait until we actually have a report suggesting we’re seriously in trouble before this sort of reaction yeah?

Not even sure exactly what Gibson has said. He is being quoted by all and sundry over a newspaper article from that really reliable and impartial (lol) rag, the Telegraph. Lots of alleged statements were about his'apparent'stance. I suspect Percy is the culprit here - making a sensational story about 'non-news' just to sell the paper. As several have already said (including Frank) we cannot sign Shinnie until the transfer window opens and an EFL meeting had already been scheduled for next week. 2+2=5

3 minutes ago, Mazzaram said:

Not even sure exactly what Gibson has said. He is being quoted by all and sundry over a newspaper article from that really reliable and impartial (lol) rag, the Telegraph. Lots of alleged statements were about his'apparent'stance. I suspect Percy is the culprit here - making a sensational story about 'non-news' just to sell the paper. As several have already said (including Frank) we cannot sign Shinnie until the transfer window opens and an EFL meeting had already been scheduled for next week. 2+2=5

Percy is one of the actual few respected in regards to Championship matters and about the only one worth believing regarding Derby 

1 minute ago, BaaLocks said:

To all those who say Steve Gibson is bang out of order you might want to look back to the bruhaha caused when QPR got promoted - we were all stamping in our wee wee back then weren't we? I actually like Gibson, he's one of the few owners who you really wouldn't have minded if he had been ours.

Bit of a difference... We've played by the rules, QPR didn't

1 minute ago, BaaLocks said:

I love the suggestion that everyone else is at it so why shouldn't we be? Yes, Mel has played by the rules with the stadium sale, and good luck to him for that, but it doesn't take away from the fact that all football clubs are playing a very high risk game. You want to get promoted in this league there is simply only one way of doing it - get bank rolled by a sugar daddy and hope you get up there before they get bored. But the whole house of cards will tumble, and I think that was the point of the OP. At the moment we're choosing to play and hoping it goes the way we want it to but Bolton won't be the last to taste what it feels like when the three year plan doesn't come off.

What was Bolton's 3 year plan? They haven't been in the Prem since 2012, first season in the Championship they finished 7 and havent had a top half finish at this level since. They even spent 16/17 in league 1.

4 minutes ago, Mazzaram said:

Tbf the telegraph and John Percy are normally reliable, but it does seem a little bit that way which is poor by their standards. It even says in the article that the ban is set to be lifted this week so clearly the whole thing is a load of nothingness.

3 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Admittedly we were a more than a little hacked off, but we didn't go running to the EFL demanding sanctions, like some spoilt little arsewipe who's been told to come off the XBox cus it's bedtime...

42 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bit of a difference... We've played by the rules, QPR didn't I guess time will tell on that one. Hope you're right but it does seem there are those who want to challenge that view.

What was Bolton's 3 year plan? They haven't been in the Prem since 2012, first season in the Championship they finished 7 and havent had a top half finish at this level since. They even spent 16/17 in league 1. I think to be a little less poo than they are at the moment. Pedantry aside on the term 3YP I think we could all agree that Bolton are suffering like they are because of previous levels of largesse, bought about in no uncertain desire to remain in / quickly return to the Prem.

54 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

I don't understand the stance of Gibson on this one - Since, if Mel's found a FFP loophole surely half the owners in the league will want to start doing this too?

Unless he can't afford to in which case it sounds like sour grapes...

Archived