Trouble ahead?

BuckTaylor64

It’s the parachute payments that should be looked at, never mind FFP. They ought to be reduced in order to permit a more level playing field. These payments are to help relegated clubs transition into the Championship. Instead they are being used recklessly to try and buy their way back up. Stoke City is a prime example. It’s nobody’s fault but their own if this strategy fails. 

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, ram59 said:

There are debtors listed on the accounts of over 1 year, £23k down from £283k the previous year.

The disclosure will have to mirror the treatment of the creditor in the stadium company accounts.

If there is no fixed date for repayment for the creditor it would have to be shown as due within one year and therefore that would be reflected in the club accounts.

Must point out that I am categorically not saying the money has not been paid to the club but there is no evidence to the contrary.

Interesting that you say the paperwork was back dated. If that's true then I can understand why people think we have cheated.

55 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The disclosure will have to mirror the treatment of the creditor in the stadium company accounts.

If there is no fixed date for repayment for the creditor it would have to be shown as due within one year and therefore that would be reflected in the club accounts.

Must point out that I am categorically not saying the money has not been paid to the club but there is no evidence to the contrary.

Interesting that you say the paperwork was back dated. If that's true then I can understand why people think we have cheated.

That was incorrect for me to say that. I should have said that the paper work could have been back dated but not the payment. 

As you say, we'll have to wait until next year before finding out if the money has been transferred. 

As I've said, ffp is flawed, some would say we appear to got round it, but in a different way to other teams. Take Watford and wolves who both got promoted with players from Italian and Portuguese teams linked with the ownership of their clubs. 

In our case, have we paid the going rate for Tomori and Mount, because of the FL factor? 

We see from the amount of tax that multi nationals pay or don't pay, that there are ways round most things in business, it's just a matter of being clever enough to find them. 

6 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Perhaps Gibson is harrumphing because he didn't think of it first.

Isn't he just going to draw attention to his own dealings? Middlesbrough surely haven't survived on their gate receipts.

He did.

Sadly, the independent valuation of the riverside came back with 2 groats and a reheated chicken parmo. Assombalonga pissed himself laughing and the riverside profits had to be spent on his dry cleaning ?

7 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Heard an interesting debate on talksport about how the likes of Burnley, Bournemouth, Cardiff, Brighton show zero ambition in the premier league, they get the money, but they don’t do anything with it, just the bare minimum to keep them in. So they offer nothing to spectacle of the premier league, the owners are just happy to skim off as much as they can for minimal outlay. 

Boro would definitely join that list if they got promoted. Does any fan of football really want to watch boro on sky sports each week in the prem, aiming for 17th place each season. 

Boro can balls.

Utter rubbish that from Talksport. 

12 hours ago, ram59 said:

Derby's financial mess appears to be in the process of getting sorted. Many of the high earners will be off the books this summer, hopefully to be replaced by players on more modest wages.

As a result of the sale of the ground, the club actually has cash in the bank. Yes, we don't own the ground, but neither does Brighton, Bournemouth and West Ham, just to name a few. Unlike those, our ground is still owned by someone who has the club at heart and is helping to restrict costs. 

Huh?! Our chairman paid for the ground, we don't rent it off anyone.

16 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Not really, but I'll take a 4 million pound Connor Sammon if u know where one is going?

The Toblerone has better ball control.

Archived