Trouble ahead?

BuckTaylor64

So basically the OP fears Mel will utterly shaft us if the EFL pursue punishment that it seems they are not currently able to implement on the basis that boro's chairman seems unhappy with other clubs appearing to exploit loopholes.

They'll probably be a bunch of huffy words and maybe the EFL redraft profit and sustainability next season.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, rammieib said:

Boro should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute for the quality of football they play.

Heard an interesting debate on talksport about how the likes of Burnley, Bournemouth, Cardiff, Brighton show zero ambition in the premier league, they get the money, but they don’t do anything with it, just the bare minimum to keep them in. So they offer nothing to spectacle of the premier league, the owners are just happy to skim off as much as they can for minimal outlay. 

Boro would definitely join that list if they got promoted. Does any fan of football really want to watch boro on sky sports each week in the prem, aiming for 17th place each season. 

Boro can balls.

7 hours ago, ram59 said:

As a result of the sale of the ground, the club actually has cash in the bank. 

Can you substantiate this claim? As far as I can see, the ground has not been paid for and is a paper transaction only.

6 hours ago, Curtains said:

Basically FFP is ruining Football 

I can think of a few thinks I would blame before FFP:-

FIFA

Sky

Egotistical owners

Agents 

Greedy players

Fans

19 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Can you substantiate this claim? As far as I can see, the ground has not been paid for and is a paper transaction only.

FIFA

Sky

Egotistical owners

Agents 

Greedy players

Fans

FFP causes nothing but heartache for EFL clubs .

Premier League clubs aren’t affected really 

18 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Seeing as the club and all associated offshoots and businesses basically depend on Mel's money, the bank accounts are presumably moving money around in essential Mels big pot of gold. The sale of the stadium from one bit of Mels empire to another bit hasn't changed the extent to which DCFC are dependant on MM. However, the problem wasn't Mels wad of used fivers, it was how FFP looked at the losses.

Just now, Curtains said:

Why are you a fan of FFP it causes nothing but heartache for EFL clubs 

Premier League isn’t effected really 

I'm a fan of the principles of FFP but not a fan of how it is being applied and the limits in place.

I'd like to see any limits to equity investment removed.

I'd like to see some sort of cap on wages.

I'd like to see rules applied consistently. 

I'd like to see punishments proportionate to the breach.

I'd like to see financial penalties compensating teams that have played by the rules.

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Seeing as the club and all associated offshoots and businesses basically depend on Mel's money, the bank accounts are presumably moving money around in essential Mels big pot of gold. The sale of the stadium from one bit of Mels empire to another bit hasn't changed the extent to which DCFC are dependant on MM. However, the problem wasn't Mels wad of used fivers, it was how FFP looked at the losses.

The post was worded though as if the £80m from the ground sale is now in the bank for us to spend, as at the end of last year's accounts it wasn't hence why I asked if the claim could be substantiated. 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm a fan of the principles of FFP but not a fan of how it is being applied and the limits in place.

I'd like to see financial penalties compensating teams that have played by the rules.

Why can’t we just have a free market. 

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I think that's a fairer, and easier to manage way of applying it

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

This was the original intention when FFP started. From a legal perspective I don't believe it could be enforced. QPR being the prime example

53 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

FIFA

Sky

Egotistical owners

Agents 

Greedy players

Fans

If you look at the accounts, you'll see a massive increase of debtors to pay within 1 year, to approximately £80m. Which means that this sum is due before the end of this June. Obviously, the paperwork on the sale was back dated to last year, but the money transfer couldn't be back dated and would have to be made this year, hence  taking it into the debtors within 1 year. 

Is that clear enough or haven't I explained it well enough? 

14 minutes ago, ram59 said:

If you look at the accounts, you'll see a massive increase of debtors to pay within 1 year, to approximately £80m. Which means that this sum is due before the end of this June. Obviously, the paperwork on the sale was back dated to last year, but the money transfer couldn't be back dated and would have to be made this year, hence  taking it into the debtors within 1 year. 

Is that clear enough or haven't I explained it well enough? 

Debtors are always classified as due within one year in accounts, does not mean they are definitely paid within that period.

Guess we will see next year unless you have knowledge that the debt has been paid already?

19 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Debtors are always classified as due within one year in accounts, does not mean they are definitely paid within that period.

Guess we will see next year unless you have knowledge that the debt has been paid already?

I expect that the annual rent (£1m?) will be knocked off the £80m debtor, year-by-year, for the foreseeable.

36 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

There are debtors listed on the accounts of over 1 year, £23k down from £283k the previous year.

Archived