Trouble ahead?

BuckTaylor64

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 86 points said:

There's always one and it's very often you. 

Fine witty riposte will have to remember that one.

I've lived in both Brum and Derby for over ten years apiece and on reflection would choose Birmingham 99 times out of a hundred.  

38 minutes ago, ram59 said:

I've lived in Brum all my life, like any city or town, there are good parts and bad parts.  I remember  going to Vancouver, the third best city in the world, unfortunately we took a wrong turn and ended up in the 'Bronx' part of the city.

We did something similar. Three previous visits and never even saw anyone begging but on the last trip we came into the city from the NE after a drive out and never seen anything like it. For almost a mile solid - people sleeping in doorways or on the pavement. Depressing!

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

I've lived in Brum all my life, like any city or town, there are good parts and bad parts.  I remember  going to Vancouver, the third best city in the world, unfortunately we took a wrong turn and ended up in the 'Bronx' part of the city.

That's nothing. I took a wrong turning in Amsterdam and ended up in the 'bonks' part of the city.

53 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I've not lived in Derby for about twenty years so the gentrification of those areas may have passed me by

Why does an area need to be gentrified to be ok? I've lived in Allenton and Normanton and the people are the salt of the earth.

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

Could be worse we could live in the same part of the world as 86 points!

3 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

So Gibson wanted another firm of accountants to review work carried out by independent auditors?

Surely if he believes there is a problem with the audit he should be taking his complaints to the appropriate body rather than the EFL

The accounts are there in the public domain, if he has a problem with the figures surely he can just say what his problem is?

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So Gibson wanted another firm of accountants to review work carried out by independent auditors?

Surely if he believes there is a problem with the audit he should be taking his complaints to the appropriate body rather than the EFL

The accounts are there in the public domain, if he has a problem with the figures surely he can just say what his problem is?

He'd obviously much rather prefer to use smear and innuendo tactics rather than to openly state what his personal beef was which would require some kahunas which he is patently lacking.

2 hours ago, 86 points said:

Mate, it was just a (poo) joke. 

Don't worry, you are in good company. Know who said this?

'They came from Birmingham, which is not a place to promise much, you know, Mr Weston. One has no great hopes of Birmingham. I always say there is something direful in the sound."

Jane Austen (or one of her characters in one of those book things she did).

If anyone wants to get into the spirit of defending Birmingham I admire you but it will be a lifelong obsession.

BuckTaylor64
22 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Can you please post a link to any articles where MM has clearly stated that he 'wants his money back'? I've genuinely never heard him say this or even as much as hint at it.

In terms of a queue for buying the club, MM stated that various parties had shown a recent interest and talks were ongoing, this would seem to be backed up by a few recent news articles.

Not sure about the debt in all of the clubs attached to Derby County, very hard to tell at the moment given that the new holding company and the stadium company have yet to file accounts. I'd certainly imagine it's going to be a large number but the only really relevant figures are those shown in the club accounts and, off the top of my head, external debt in these amounts to £3m. 

I don't think anyone is under any illusion about the finances of the club. Having to sell our ground obviously shows that all is not well but I believe that was done more for FFP purposes than because of us being in financial trouble.

If the wage bill savings alluded to by MM come to fruition over the next 2 seasons I think we will be in a reasonably good financial position. Selling a homegrown player every season, whilst not ideal, is probably the only model that will make any club self sufficient in this division.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mel-morris-considering-selling-derby-2664699

17 minutes ago, BuckTaylor64 said:

Thanks, do you have any articles where MM has clearly stated that he 'wants his money back'? The link you have provided their says he would be willing to sell the club or consider outside investment. 

Does the article also not contradict your claim that nobody is interested in buying the club?

Archived