Next season then...

IlsonDerby

34 minutes ago, Spanish said:

price tag is not his fault, salary well he's not going to be on the same money next year wherever he goes

Fair points, I think I was more making the case for him being part of the moving on refresh moves made over the summer based on what he represents, as much as his abilities.

in other circumstances I wouldn't be upset if he stayed a year, and if I thought he was rubbish I'd just say so. Just feels to me like he's part of the departing wave.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GK:  Carson/ Roos 

RB: Bogle/ Wisdom 

LB: Malone/Lowe/Forsyth/Cole 

CB: Keogh/ Davies 

CM: Huddlestone/ Bird/ Holmes/ Evans/ Thorne / Johnson

RW:  Thomas 

CF: Bennett/ Marriott /Martin / Waghorn

LW: Lawrence/ FloJo

Strike out = not good enough

Underline = sell

Bold Italics = keep in youth

(IMHO)

So I think in cheap transfers and loans and youth we need

2 RB

2 CB

3 CM

2 RW

1 LW

Oh my 10 players that is bad

9 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

Underline = sell

(IMHO)

2 RB

2 CB

3 CM

2 RW

1 LW

Still absolutely amazes me out of all that you've gone through, you still want Chris Martin.

After watching last night I think we should make a clean break with the out of contract players. Johnson isn’t a natural holding midfielder, and he doesn’t have the legs to play anywhere, he’s done ok when called upon this season but for the wages he is on we can do better.

Ive been a big advocate of Bryson this season and leapt to his defence a lot but I have to concede his race is run as a Derby player. Been a great servant but I think now is time for him to finish his career in Scotland.

Midfield is the main area that needs addressing next season, defence and attack we maybe need 1 or 2, midfield we either need 4 players mix of high energy and creativity. These will have to be 4 signings (loans where appropriate) or 2 signings and 2 players will have to step up from the academy to be first team squad regulars.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

You make good points.

There isn't a single player who I would say is a 'must keep' from the current first team line-up.

I would like to see us recruiting men, not reedy lightweights. This is a physical division and we have been pushed around for years.

Two centre halves who can head a ball, a goalkeeper who commands his area and full-backs who know their role.

We need a leader in the back four who organises. Keogh is a good player at this level but he's not the man to drive us forward.

I agree that we need a busy midfield that works hard and supports those behind and in front of them.

Upfront we need a taller forward to supplement the current crop.

We have stopped passing and started flicks which have a low success rate.

Pass to your teammates and you tend to do quite well. There was an unassuming manager in the seventies who had that ethos. 

All of this requires a complete overhaul of the squad. Recent seasons have shown our players are not popular. We have become associated with being a bottler club.

It won't be easy, especially with FFP, and we might have to take a punt on a few from lower divisions, where industry and energy abound.

Warnockball then ?

I wouldn’t be surprised if Curtis Davies calls it a day at the end of the season you know, seems to be forging a bit of a career as a pundit these days.

Some might say that’s only because he’s injured currently, others that he’s looking to the next chapter in his career, we’ll see.

1 hour ago, Dethorn said:

Underline = sell

(IMHO)

2 RB

2 CB

3 CM

2 RW

1 LW

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Still absolutely amazes me out of all that you've gone through, you still want Chris Martin.

More than just that:

• Selling Bogle
  • Keeping Forsyth (after a 3rd serious knee injury) but getting rid of the 'not good enough' Cole and Lowe, and selling Malone
  • Selling Huddlestone and keeping Johnson
  • Considering Thorne more worthy of keeping than Huddlestone
  • Calling Bennett (who clear is good enough at least as a squad player, especially for the wages he's on) not good enough
  • Keeping Bird and Thomas 'in youth' when they'll both need to be playing competitive games next season

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Warnockball then ?

TBF he's been pretty good at getting out of the championship.

You can build a team on strength as long as your strikers take their chances.

ATM our strikers don't get a look-in because we are so easily outmuscled and dispossessed elsewhere.

Rotherham was a freak performance that papered over the cracks.

We have become a soft touch and our recruitment needs to recognise the fact.

4 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Could be forgiven for assuming the players were thinking of their holidays after last night. 

I think we all now know (mathematical impossibilities aside) which division we’ll be in next year. 

GK:  Carson/ Ravas 

LB: Malone/Lowe 

CM: Huddlestone/ Bird/ Holmes/ Evans/ Thorne

RW: Waghorn/ Thomas 

CF: Bennett/ Marriott 

That front 6 should be able to get us goals. 

The defence needs some sort of backup but looks fairly strong. 

Midfield is absolutely threadbare. 

A big big job for Frank but he’s not working with nothing here... 

Well for me most of our problems come from playing with that so called defensive midfielder ( which is ok if they can actually do it) 

so for me it’s 442 please with a centre forward who can actually jump, head, run and score goals alongside a speedy forward ( Marriott if we don’t sell him) and yes 4 in midfield who do the job in midfield which involves heading the ball tackling passing and shooting and four defenders who head the ball away but don’t need to be our attacking threat.

we don’t have much currently who can do that so without any additions all we would have under contract would be 

Carson

wisdom Keogh Davies Malone 

waghorn Holmes Thorne Bennett 

Marriott Martin 

not a fantastic list but I expect to sell Bogle and I would sell Lawrence and joflo,will Martin ever play again? Who knows but that’s all we have currently but obviously we will bring in half a dozen more I suspect either on loan or free transfer types

6 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Could be forgiven for assuming the players were thinking of their holidays after last night. 

I think we all now know (mathematical impossibilities aside) which division we’ll be in next year. 

GK:  Carson/ Ravas 

LB: Malone/Lowe 

CM: Huddlestone/ Bird/ Holmes/ Evans/ Thorne

RW: Waghorn/ Thomas 

CF: Bennett/ Marriott 

That front 6 should be able to get us goals. 

The defence needs some sort of backup but looks fairly strong. 

Midfield is absolutely threadbare. 

A big big job for Frank but he’s not working with nothing here... 

Keep Carson fozzy keough  Bogle Malone Davies Holmes Marriott the rest can go if anyone is willing to buy them 

3 minutes ago, Rosythram said:

I can’t understand idiots who post a thread of this nature when we still have games to play.

when are  the so called DCFC fan base going to grow up?

pathetic in its extreme. 

Maybe the OP was of a mind after watching that performance last night if the players have given up he has too. Not that am saying the players have given up you understand, but I can understand anyone thinking they had watching us last night.

Poor would be a kind way of describing us, I’ll spare you my description, suffice to say if I could, I’d have kicked Lawrence’s arse all the way back to Derby after that free kick of his, pathetic. 

1 hour ago, superzak said:

5 points and an inferior goal difference...6 games left...if we win all 6 it would be reliant on other teams having a complete mare ... 

We do play Bristol to be fair so still glimmers. Even then people are assuming we will get or if the playoffs anyway. 

It will be one of the biggest turnarounds in history. 

Archived