Next season then...

IlsonDerby

8 hours ago, Spanish said:

I agree.  The only thing is to achieve that you have to gamble and buy expensive players on big wages unless you have some sort of arrangement with an agent.  There are other way

Meh, I still think we’d have survived comfortably had we gone up under McClaren. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, TomBustler1884 said:

I expect to see a few low cost signings, lots of under 23s promoted and an honest team to get behind.

In terms of expectations, I think we may all have to re calibrate to mid table next year.

I was for 12th this year. Think I'll just roll it forward a year.

If Frank can build then that's fine for a season or 2.

14 hours ago, TomBustler1884 said:

I expect to see a few low cost signings, lots of under 23s promoted and an honest team to get behind.

In terms of expectations, I think we may all have to re calibrate to mid table next year.

I wasn’t sure how to put it but you’ve summed it up pretty well and if we’re using Brexitisms then,I’m prepared to kick the promotion can down the road for 12 months to let us build and get everything in order.

51 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

This year we peaked in October which is why it’s been so frustrating because we saw what this team was capable of. 

Sums it up for me! Frustrating that it wasn't sustainable....

18 minutes ago, RedSox said:

Sums it up for me! Frustrating that it wasn't sustainable....

then we met Villa and we were confronted by the news that perhaps we were not really that good.  We lost Fozzy also as well as our self belief

this was the line up

1Scott CarsonGK

3Craig Forsyth 80'DF

5Fikayo TomoriDF

6Richard KeoghDF

7Harry Wilson 90+3'MF

10Tom LawrenceFW

14Jack Marriott 90+2'FW

20Mason Bennett 51'FW

23Duane Holmes 70'MF

37Jayden BogleDF

44Tom Huddlestone 84'MF

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I don’t care. The last two games have proven this thread to be stupid. Never, ever ducking give up. We fight on.

Lose the next two and we're in the poo together now. ?

41 minutes ago, David said:

Lose the next two and we're in the poo together now. ?

I get the humour. But even so, we’ve shown that it’s so ducking stupid to write our season off when we’re still in with a fighting chance. My views won’t change even if we lose our next two as we’ve shown that there is always something to play for. It was the same last season when we people thought we were down and out but we pulled it out of the bag against Cardiff.

As long as we’ve still got a chance, I will never give up. And I believe that the team and most do the fanbase echo that sentiment. We march on!

8 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I get the humour. But even so, we’ve shown that it’s so ducking stupid to write our season off when we’re still in with a fighting chance. My views won’t change even if we lose our next two as we’ve shown that there is always something to play for. It was the same last season when we people thought we were down and out but we pulled it out of the bag against Cardiff.

As long as we’ve still got a chance, I will never give up. And I believe that the team and most do the fanbase echo that sentiment. We march on!

I know you’re young, enthusiastic and under the influence of coloured fruits......but can I just say, you’re just trying too hard to outdo b4....... when you’re simply BR, just remember there’s only one b4 ?

5 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

I know you’re young, enthusiastic and under the influence of coloured fruits......but can I just say, you’re just trying too hard to outdo b4....... when you’re simply BR, just remember there’s only one b4 ?

No one will ever outdo B4. I’m just pissed off that this thread even exists when there’s still something to fight for. B4 is one of a kind and will never be replicated. I’m simply very ducking happy at how well we’ve played today; showing bottle when we needed it most.

Archived