Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

1 minute ago, Edtheram said:

Chelsea now linked with a move for the ex RB Leipzig manager Ralf Rangnick. 

You mean... they haven't already agreed to terms for the inevitable arrival of Lampard?!

WHAT?

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we demand whatever compensation we want or is it likely there's a buyout clause in Frank's contract? Doesn't seem to be one set in Sarri's given all the apparent negotiation between Chelsea and Juve.

If there isn't, we should demand the same compensation for Frank as they get for Sarri.. if they don't want to pay it, that is fine, we can keep him

I suppose the only issue is how committed would a manager be if they wanted to leave but they weren't allowed... can't imagine their work ethic would be maintained. 

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I just saw someone on Twitter saying that Drogba is becoming forward coach at Derby.

Now I know it's rubbish, but, wouldn't it be funny if after all of this speculation Lampard was actually out there recruiting Drogba for the rams?

What happens when he's spotted having a bite to eat with Gerrard?  "LAMPARD IN TALKS TO ASSIST STEVEN GERRARD AT RANGERS"

Or Arjen Robben?  "BAYERN WANT LAMPARD"

Or his Mrs?  "FRANK LAMPARD TO REPLACE STACEY SOLOMAN ON LOOSE WOMEN SHOCKER"

26 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Frank - hey Mel I know it’s too early for me to go to Chelsea but I don’t want to upset the folks down there what should I say?

Mel - don’t worry Frank I will tell them that you are under contract and they can’t speak to you 

Frank - that’s great Mel and I can say that I am under contract to Derby county 

Mel - that’s correct Frank 

Unlikely to be the conversation. I would be greatly surprised if Lampard and Morris had not agreed last June that the contract was what it was, BUT that if for any reason Chelsea ever approached wanting to talk to Lampard about a role at the club Morris would not stand in his way for talks to happen (and for him to move on if he wanted - subject to suitable compensation being settled). Lampard will want to talk to Chelsea if Chelsea want to talk to him. Morris would not put obstacles is his way if it is Chelsea calling. Whether Lampard is offered the job or takes it if offered is more difficult in my mind to call.

11 minutes ago, Jram said:

Can we demand whatever compensation we want or is it likely there's a buyout clause in Frank's contract? Doesn't seem to be one set in Sarri's given all the apparent negotiation between Chelsea and Juve.

If there isn't, we should demand the same compensation for Frank as they get for Sarri.. if they don't want to pay it, that is fine, we can keep him

I suppose the only issue is how committed would a manager be if they wanted to leave but they weren't allowed... can't imagine their work ethic would be maintained. 

I believe that any employment contract can be terminated by the either party paying the remaining salary over. So two years of Lampard's salary would appear to be the upper limit. Assuming that he's on somewhere between £10k and £50k per week, that's about £1m to £5m.

I know it’s all paper talk but doesn’t the Chelsea approach to finding a manager all seem a bit desperate? Chelsea usually feels well oiled, in terms of somebody is ready to come in as the previous manager leaves, but this oddly feels like Sarri has sprung a surprise on them (even though they were days of sacking him in January). You certainly get the feeling no one wants it, maybe their star is beginning to fade a bit.

25 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I just saw someone on Twitter saying that Drogba is becoming forward coach at Derby.

Now I know it's rubbish, but, wouldn't it be funny if after all of this speculation Lampard was actually out there recruiting Drogba for the rams?

i reckon that even at 41 or whatever, Drogba is quicker than Chris Martin........?

#FranksPlanB

I have it on good authority that Roman Abramovich is on the verge of walking away from Chelsea and Mel Morris is close to securing him as our foreign investor. The clues in the name AbRAMovich........

Can someone put this on Twitter for me? It's not as far fetched as some of the shizzle on there.

12 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I know it’s all paper talk but doesn’t the Chelsea approach to finding a manager all seem a bit desperate? Chelsea usually feels well oiled, in terms of somebody is ready to come in as the previous manager leaves, but this oddly feels like Sarri has sprung a surprise on them (even though they were days of sacking him in January). You certainly get the feeling no one wants it, maybe their star is beginning to fade a bit.

As you say, it’s paper talk. I wouldn’t assume desperation behind the scenes because the papers keep throwing names out there.

Was only a few weeks ago they were reporting he would be sacked after the Europa League Final, now they are reporting the delay is over compensation.

Would Chelsea be squabbling over a compensation when a couple of weeks ago they would have been paying him off to leave?

Clubs will be monitoring managers all the time, I’m sure they have a good idea of who they want if Sarri was to leave, once the Sarri thing is resolved I’m sure it will become clearer, until then the papers will continue to chuck names out there as managers who are “interested” or they should go for.

Likewise people assume that everything at Derby has just stopped because of this speculation, everyone has been told to go home and wait until Chelsea appoint a new manager, I very much doubt this is the case and it’s business as usual behind the scenes.

8 minutes ago, David said:

As you say, it’s paper talk. I wouldn’t assume desperation behind the scenes because the papers keep throwing names out there.

Was only a few weeks ago they were reporting he would be sacked after the Europa League Final, now they are reporting the delay is over compensation.

Would Chelsea be squabbling over a compensation when a couple of weeks ago they would have been paying him off to leave?

Clubs will be monitoring managers all the time, I’m sure they have a good idea of who they want if Sarri was to leave, once the Sarri thing is resolved I’m sure it will become clearer, until then the papers will continue to chuck names out there as managers who are “interested” or they should go for.

Likewise people assume that everything at Derby has just stopped because of this speculation, everyone has been told to go home and wait until Chelsea appoint a new manager, I very much doubt this is the case and it’s business as usual behind the scenes.

This is all true and I’m sure it’s a lot more is going on behind the scenes, but I mean more that Chelsea usually have their man waiting in the wings when the old manager is departing. This time it feels a lot different and that they are having to shop around a bit, hence why they are being linked to everybody who’s got a decent pedigree. Usually they have their man ready and waiting and it’s all a bit of an open secret? Atleast that’s how I have it in my head!

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

This is all true and I’m sure it’s a lot more is going on behind the scenes, but I mean more that Chelsea usually have their man waiting in the wings when the old manager is departing. This time it feels a lot different and that they are having to shop around a bit, hence why they are being linked to everybody who’s got a decent pedigree. Usually they have their man ready and waiting and it’s all a bit of an open secret? Atleast that’s how I have it in my head!

Are they shopping around though? To know that you would need to know who their number 1 target is, if they have made any attempt to approach yet and if they have been knocked back at all then what number target are they on now.

It only looks like they are struggling due to the names being thrown about in the papers, one minute you have Benitez imminent, the next it’s Lampard, now German papers are getting their names into the ring, 

Archived