Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Turk Thrust said:

If FL was going to stay I would have thought that he would have come out and announced it by now rather than continuing all this uncertaincy.  The fact that he hasn't does not bode well. 

This is just naive - should he say something before a formal approach has been made? It assumes that it would be a simple decision for him and ignores his responsibilities to the rest of his managerial team and what they might think. MacClaren made public assurances he wanted to stay but then people kept asking for more.

28 minutes ago, rynny said:

I would like to place on record that I am not going to be managing Chelsea football club today. 

Following day;

I would like to place on record that I am not going to be managing Chelsea football club today. 

Following day;

Following day;

Following day;

How long should this go on for? ?‍♂️

Lampard would also have to be very careful coming out and saying he’s not interested without being offered it

In that scenario what happens in a few years when he may be interested in the job and they come back and say ‘well you weren’t interested when we needed you so why should we be interested in you now’. He could quite easily burn a bridge, so it’s in his interest to be respectful to all involved and not comment until needed.

3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Lampard would also have to be very careful coming out and saying he’s not interested without being offered it

In that scenario what happens in a few years when he may be interested in the job and they come back and say ‘well you weren’t interested when we needed you so why should we be interested in you now’. He could quite easily build a bridge, so it’s in his interest to be respectful to all involved and not comment until needed.

Lampard, Lampard, start the flounce.

Frank - hey Mel I know it’s too early for me to go to Chelsea but I don’t want to upset the folks down there what should I say?

Mel - don’t worry Frank I will tell them that you are under contract and they can’t speak to you 

Frank - that’s great Mel and I can say that I am under contract to Derby county 

Mel - that’s correct Frank 

1 hour ago, Turk Thrust said:

If FL was going to stay I would have thought that he would have come out and announced it by now rather than continuing all this uncertaincy.  The fact that he hasn't does not bode well. 

This is what i said over a week ago at totally agree,the longer this drags on means all ours new player targets will probably get put to bed and the incoming will probably start from a fresh

Archived