Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

There’s so much noise about this (just heard TalkSport banging on about it again) that if/when Sarri leaves I almost think that the media will persuade Chelsea into a decision they wouldn’t normally make (I.e. giving the job to a rookie manager with a season’s experience where he essentially kept us at the same level).  There is no rational footballing reason why Chelsea should go for Frank Lampard.  The reasons are only sentimental at the moment. There are many candidates better than him (including the managers who got teams promoted if they wanted to fish in this pond). But if you keep hearing the same answer from  everybody who is asked, they might just start to believe the hype.  

It would be a shame if he left in these circumstances - both for him as I don’t think he is ready and most people answering the questions don’t really know what type of job he has done because they know nothing of the club - and for us because there has been a nice atmosphere around the club with him and Jody here and it would be good for it to continue.  From a footy perspective, I’d also like to see somebody hang around and build a team.

The logical and rational thing for all parties is for Frank to stay and learn his trade and for Chelsea to benefit when he knows the job better than he does now... but when was football ever logical or rational.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if this has been done before but our managers on opening day for the last few seasons have been ...

Clough 2009 - 2012/13

Clough 2013/14

McClaren 2014/15

Clement 2015/16

Pearson 2016/17

Rowett 2017/18

Lampard 2018/19

????  2019/20

We haven't started 2 consecutive seasons with the same manager since Clough in 2013.

Frank's going isn't he ?

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, Roboram said:

I don't know if this has been done before but our managers on opening day for the last few seasons have been ...

Clough 2009 - 2012/13

Clough 2013/14

McClaren 2014/15

Clement 2015/16

Pearson 2016/17

Rowett 2017/18

Lampard 2018/19

????  2019/20

We haven't started 2 consecutive seasons with the same manager since Clough in 2013.

Frank's going isn't he ?

It has been but its valid,  i hope frank stays because in my opinion you need stability.

Our best team was built from stability under Clough.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, RiddingsRam said:

Don't jump to conclusions , nobody knows , none of us keyboard warriors anyway ! 

I thought it was a pre requisite to post in this thread that you had to jump to conclusions or be adept to knee jerk reactions.

Sith Happens
Just now, Richard246 said:

wait and see ???

That's sensible. Wait and see what happens,  before pronouncing that hes 100% going.

If London loving Christine has anything to do with it Frankie will be off if they offer it.  All their families are down there, London is their home not beautiful Derbyshire. We are a stepping stone. I wish him luck but we needed a manager to give us stability for a few years. It's been a great season but so disappointing if Frank goes. 

1 minute ago, Richard246 said:

It's the biggest not secret in football Chelsea waiting for agreement on compensation for sarri and then will negotiate compensation for Lampard.

I wish i was wrong love to be but i am not i don't do rumours!!!! 

So what will you do when you are wrong Mr Exclamation Mark?

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, ThePrisoner said:

So what will you do when you are wrong Mr Exclamation Mark?

Nowt. If right he will be boasting about his prediction. If hes wrong he will say nothing,  probably won't post owt.

15 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Nowt. If right he will be boasting about his prediction. If hes wrong he will say nothing,  probably won't post owt.

Is this "Midlands Reporter" or Richie you're talking about? They won't both be right that's for sure!

Sith Happens
Just now, Carnero said:

Is this "Midlands Reporter" or Richie you're talking about? They won't both be right that's for sure!

They could both be wrong for all we know. Frank could be on his way to Eastwood Town to fulfil a lifelong ambition.

To be fair i have as much information on that happening as the other two have.

Sith Happens
Just now, Will Hughes Hair said:

Billy Davies is on the verge.......

.........his car's broken down.

Must admit im getting tyred of and exhausted by this thread.

Archived