Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

2 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

I just wonder if the compo is too much to turn down for Mel, around 5m and i'd have thought we'd happily see the back of him. 

£5m seems a lot for a Championship manager when you consider Sarri's is reportedly a similar amount. 

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

My wife has been working away a lot recently, she has been seen on Friday evening's in Cleethorpes with another man, I thought the rumours were strange because she has been seen smiling, which I can't believe is my wife...

Anyway, you seem to be able to put a positive spin on everything at the minute, can you help me out on this one?

Cleethorpes?? Did she find him on plenty of fish?? 

Just now, ThePrisoner said:

Probably got a good Birds Eye view of her

Now now this is my wife your are punning about, I appreciate there are plenty more fish in the sea and to be fair she smells like Grimsby market and looks like the back end of a Norwegian fishing trawler, but she is my wife and I love her.

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Now now this is my wife your are punning about, I appreciate there are plenty more fish in the sea and to be fair she smells like Grimsby market and looks like the back end of a Norwegian fishing trawler, but she is my wife and I love her.

I'll reel the puns in out of respect

The press, the media, they would love for this to happen so it comes as no surprise that there are constant links. I have also seen plenty of other names linked and that makes me believe no one knows.

If you take the name out of it...Chelsea appoint championship manager whose team finished 6th. I'll say the same I said weeks ago, Chelsea would be stupid to appoint him, he would be foolish to go but this is football and any idea of common sense is often long forgotten.

Madness.

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Sounds a catch.

12 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Just been through the author of the goal articles twitter. In his replies to the article, although he states it is 'not done yet' he 'expects' lampard to be appointed. I just wonder if the compo is too much to turn down for Mel, around 5m and i'd have thought we'd happily see the back of him. 

I've read this a few times and still don't really understand it. Also, "happily see the back of him" is a phrase you'd normally use when you're pleased to see him go. Surely that's not the case.

14 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

£5m seems a lot for a Championship manager when you consider Sarri's is reportedly a similar amount. 

Laughing- we might make more money from managers and never played children basically than actual contracted established players 

3 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Whatever happens, Lampard has raised the profile of this football club.

.... if my ex wife came calling, I'd be gone too. 

Where?  Into hiding?  Probably allowing my own situation to cloud my thinking here..... ?

50 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Really? He may have taken advantage of Clough 's signings, but the style of play was very different. MacClaren's was not the  cautious, one-up-front (if that) style of play that did for Clough (not only at Derby but at Sheff Utd).

It was a bigger difference than that between Rowett and Lampard.

I disagree. 

Clough actually had two up front and a ten as well, it was McClaren that switched to one up front ?

18 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

If you take the name out of it...Chelsea appoint championship manager whose team finished 6th. I'll say the same I said weeks ago, Chelsea would be stupid to appoint him, he would be foolish to go but this is football and any idea of common sense is often long forgotten.

Anyone linking vastly experienced Bielsa who revived a relatively beleaguered Leeds side and played a style of pretty unique football with the job?

Anyone linking Farke who took a bang average mid-table Norwich with a workmanlike squad and turned them into a consistent and amazingly high-scoring side?

More to the point anyone linking championship manager of the year and 'miracle maker' Chris Wilder to the job?

No, no and no

I'm loving the changes Lampard is making and would desperately like him to continue - But he's looked very much the promising but inexperienced manager this season and even with the brand name I can't see Chelsea putting up with him having a 'bedding in season' with them

Just now, Curtains said:

I was told by a knowledgeable person that something might happen this week. 

I don’t know if it’s right but people on here have ridiculed me over it .

So I prefer to believe he’s staying .

I didn't ridicule you mate, end of the day, if you are wrong we are all happy, including you.

If you are right, which I suspect is the case, then 90 percent of Derby fans will be on suicide watch as they were so convinced he was staying.

4 minutes ago, BagRam said:

No that was a scout at Derby who told me that, don’t panic?, as I say just sharing it. I’m not convinced just mainly pooping it if it does happen 

Have you heard anything about Henri Lansbury? I've been waiting about three years for that one...

Archived