Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, LB_DCFC said:

Frank still lives in London so there's probably not much in this at all. Also, the outfit doesn't scream interview.

But, you know, there's always a chance that he's there for another reason...

How can he 'open talks' when the club does not appear to have given permission? Maybe he was staying in one of his London homes and having lunch with his mates

2 hours ago, LB_DCFC said:

Frank still lives in London so there's probably not much in this at all. Also, the outfit doesn't scream interview.

But, you know, there's always a chance that he's there for another reason...

That picture looks like a Jacamo advert.

23 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

ITK ALERT!!!

Very occasionally I hear things from a decent source, how true or not I filter and more often than not don't post on here, but this one has the ring of truth.

At some point between Wembley and now Frank called the squad and backroom staff together at Moor Farm for a meeting.

During said meeting, he made a point of saying that loyalty was the number one thing in football from his perspective, that he was enormously grateful for the opportunity DCFC had given him, and wouldn't be going anywhere for at least his next two contracted years, and to ignore any speculation saying otherwise.

He's staying, let's move on.

giphy.gif

All these guys ITK are trying to beat each other to the most ITK post. 

Because each "report" is getting more and more certain it's only a matter of time before the "Should be announced soon" ones. 

And he's still here. ?

48 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

ITK ALERT!!!

At some point between Wembley and now Frank called the squad and backroom staff together at Moor Farm for a meeting.

During said meeting, he made a point of saying that loyalty was the number one thing in football from his perspective, that he was enormously grateful for the opportunity DCFC had given him, and wouldn't be going anywhere for at least his next two contracted years, and to ignore any speculation saying otherwise.

Well its 50-50 init. He stays, he goes.

As for the loyalty bit, sounds made up. Afterall we sneaked him away from Ipshit, so it's not like we'd have been the only offers he'd have got.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well its 50-50 init. He stays, he goes.

As for the loyalty bit, sounds made up. Afterall we sneaked him away from Ipshit, so it's not like we'd have been the only offers he'd have got.

I thought the Ipswich talks were over before we made the call? Something about wages. 

5 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

I thought the Ipswich talks were over before we made the call? Something about wages. 

That's what I read too. 2 rounds of talks but no agreement so he walked away.

If you do a bit of digging on the ever reliable Twitter there are some reputable Chelsea journos who are convinced Lampard is their new manager, it's just a matter or Sarri leaving and an announcement being made.

I could probably just about get over losing Lampard, but If Lee Bowyer is announced as his replacement I think my spleen will burst.

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If you do a bit of digging on the ever reliable Twitter there are some reputable Chelsea journos who are convinced Lampard is their new manager, it's just a matter or Sarri leaving and an announcement being made.

I could probably just about get over losing Lampard, but If Lee Bowyer is announced as his replacement I think my spleen will burst.

Fancy posting some of those on here? I've not seen many reputable journos; just popular Chelsea fan pages.

Also: with villains like Mark Hughes and Alan Pardew available, we could do a lot worse than Lee Bowyer.

Archived