Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I've read this a few times and still don't really understand it. Also, "happily see the back of him" is a phrase you'd normally use when you're pleased to see him go. Surely that's not the case.

not what i meant, apologies. I just meant 5m for Lampard i think is a good deal, especially if we appoint a decent looking replacement. 

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

I thought it was one of your jokes!

Aw man, one of my jokes?

That's a polite way of saying I'm Colin from the Fast Show, the forum equivalent of the office bore with a wacky tie.

Cheers pal.

Couldn't be more gutted. He was the first manager I have seen at Derby in my lifetime that I could listen to all day. The exact type of manager we needed, spoke well, showed passion, showed love to the fans. Played the football In the way I wanna see a team play and as a first season he done terrific, and will most certainly only get better. 

Not to mention the draw he had for players wanting to come and play for him, especially good loan deals. 

I feel 5m isn't gonna replace all of the above. Even if we scraped promotion next season with someone else, I would of loved to of gone up with Frank. Gutted. 

But, it was always on the cards sooner or later, I just hope we pick well again. ???

Edit: I think I may have jumped the gun with my post as I saw the news story on another page and read the last posts above and assumed it was all a done deal ?

21 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Also: with villains like Mark Hughes and Alan Pardew available, we could do a lot worse than Lee Bowyer.

That's what scares me.

I hate it whenever we change managers... The total dread of who we might end up with.

I hope Lampard stays because of the style of football, the introduction and support of youth and the respect he shows for the club's history.

However, if he is going, make it quick so we can move on. I hate uncertainty.

2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

ITK ALERT!!!

Very occasionally I hear things from a decent source, how true or not I filter and more often than not don't post on here, but this one has the ring of truth.

At some point between Wembley and now Frank called the squad and backroom staff together at Moor Farm for a meeting.

During said meeting, he made a point of saying that loyalty was the number one thing in football from his perspective, that he was enormously grateful for the opportunity DCFC had given him, and wouldn't be going anywhere for at least his next two contracted years, and to ignore any speculation saying otherwise.

He's staying, let's move on.

You can’t go spoiling the fun.

At some point this topic will reach 100 plus pages on pure speculation and guff.

Meantime, for most its pull up a pew and wait for new signings of whatever variety, followed by pre season and Frankie starting the bounce numerous occasions next season as we improve on our last campaign.

The rest is just background noise.

If Frank thinks how he talks about football, he should stay at Derby. Why, well if he took the Blues job and it all went wrong, that could end his coaching career. Prove himself at Derby, see out his contract and then Chelsea (if they wanted him by then) would get him with no compo to pay. I believe he won't go for other reasons as well. Chelsea's Russian owner never seems to give the job to an English coach. He always goes for an overseas manager with pedigree. The only pedigree Frank's got, his playing career, not coaching. The media are building it up, because of the connection, just like the play off final ( Terry and Lampard). They love the romance and thats all its built on at the moment. Look at the Chelsea point of view, it would be a gamble, could they afford to have their hearts rule their heads.

12 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

That's what scares me.

I hate it whenever we change managers... The total dread of who we might end up with.

I hope Lampard stays because of the style of football, the introduction and support of youth and the respect he shows for the club's history.

However, if he is going, make it quick so we can move on. I hate uncertainty.

This used to be a fear of mine but now we have had (mostly) attractive attacking football under Lampard, I can't see Uncle Mel going backwards

55 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If you do a bit of digging on the ever reliable Twitter there are some reputable Chelsea journos who are convinced Lampard is their new manager, it's just a matter or Sarri leaving and an announcement being made.

I could probably just about get over losing Lampard, but If Lee Bowyer is announced as his replacement I think my spleen will burst.

What’s Twitter?

Archived