Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m indifferent really. Lampard did a decent job but I wouldn’t begrudge him leaving, and I believe there are better managers out there, as well as many worse of course.

It’s not about that though it’s the fact a new Manager has to start again from scratch. Lampard would be continuity .

Just now, Curtains said:

It’s not about that though it’s the fact a new Manager has to start again from scratch. Lampard would be continuity .

Not if you appoint the right one with a similar style. Lampard staying would be ideal, but if we get it right, replacing him wouldn’t always kill us off.

Just now, Curtains said:

Not always, Curtains. McClaren didn't really start from scratch. He took the good work Clough had done over many years and just tweaked the playing style. That's the sign of a good manager. An ability to adapt and evolve something identifiably good in a squad.

Bad managers are often the ones who try to turf everything up and uproot all the work done previously. See: Pearson.

Obviously, this doesn't always apply. I'm just trying to suggest that Lampard going doesn't necessarily have to mean completely starting again. A manager like Jokanovic, for example, wouldn't need to change too much to get us playing his way. All the building blocks are already there. 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

It didn’t as I thought at the time that it contradicted  what the original poster said 

In the tweet "Have met"

In the articles now updated headline "To meet"

In the intro to the article "Want to meet"

It's all over the place.

Besides as Owen Bradley says on twitter, surely you need a clubs permission to speak to a manager, and that would be public information.

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

In the tweet "Have met"

In the articles now updated headline "To meet"

In the intro to the article "Want to meet"

It's all over the place.

Besides as Owen Bradley says on twitter, surely you need a clubs permission to speak to a manager, and that would be public information.

Ok thanks but when I clicked the link posted it was showing to meet so maybe it was a mistake. 

I Still hope Frank says at Derby. 

31 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

An actual formal meeting between Chelsea and Lampard would not be easily kept secret from journalists, and would be everywhere. Not just on Goal.

Hasn't happened.

Exactly this ^^^

Yet another nothing story designed for clicks, by a crappy website, to keep the ad revenue up, and pay their rent for the next couple of weeks.  Until it's in a reputable newspaper with full HD photos, it ain't true...

Seriously, everyone needs to calm down.  He's said he's committed to the club, he's been spotted scouting players, Morris is still tweeting stuff relating to the players.  CHILL THE **** OUT!!!

1 minute ago, ThePrisoner said:

I’ve heard I’m in the running for next Chelsea manager. I’m turning it down though as I won’t be able to eat my prawn sandwiches in the West stand at the same time. 

Prawn sandwiches not available in South West Lower mate. 

4 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

I’ve heard I’m in the running for next Chelsea manager. I’m turning it down though as I won’t be able to eat my prawn sandwiches in the West stand at the same time. 

I'm sorry, unless you are seeing signing a contract extension and kissing the Derby badge I will expect you to leave.

Archived