Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

8 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Dont know where Lampard is, but according to Instagram Jody is sunning himself by the pool.

Judging by the weather, he isnt in Derby or London!

That settles it then.  Only a coach on Chelsea's books are so laa-di-daa as to have a holiday in the post season...

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

It originally said "have met with" - they've updated it in the last few minutes. Very dodgy. 

Little update on #Meetgate

The article has now been amended again (a third time) to "are set to meet" - this was done at 15:50.

Surprised at the general sloppiness here from a what is normally a very good site.

I’ve got Lampard down as an honourable man. I’ll be very surprised if he’s met Chelsea on the sly which is what he’d have to have done as (and this has already been alluded to) Chelsea would have to ask for permission to speak to him.

Anyway, there’s not a lot I can do about this will he won’t he situation so I’m just going to let it run it’s course and see where we are come the day everybody reports back for the first day of training.

If he stays, great, if he goes, hope it goes well for him but I’m not convinced he’s ready yet. 

56 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Not always, Curtains. McClaren didn't really start from scratch. He took the good work Clough had done over many years and just tweaked the playing style.

Really? He may have taken advantage of Clough 's signings, but the style of play was very different. MacClaren's was not the  cautious, one-up-front (if that) style of play that did for Clough (not only at Derby but at Sheff Utd).

It was a bigger difference than that between Rowett and Lampard.

5 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Really? He may have taken advantage of Clough 's signings, but the style of play was very different. MacClaren's was not the  cautious, one-up-front (if that) style of play that did for Clough (not only at Derby but at Sheff Utd).

It was a bigger difference than that between Rowett and Lampard.

Yep, think you're right. I think tweaked is too simplistic a term. He changed it for sure, upped the tempo, switched formation, etc.

But he didn't uproot the whole team. He didn't change everything drastically like Pearson tried to do. 

This was the point I was making. Just because a manager leaves, doesn't necessarily mean you have to start from scratch. If a manager is hired who shares the philosophy/playing style of the previous one, it should (in theory) work well.

This is what Swansea are hoping to do by replacing Potter with this England U17 coach. Apparently, in his presentation, he showed all the signs that his style was closely aligned to Potters. 

19 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Chelseas tweet from 10 minutes ago doesn't fill me with confidence..I nice archive goal from none other than Frank Lampard, followed by lots of Chelsea fans tweeting "announce him already".

The tweet is probably because.....

25 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Chelseas tweet from 10 minutes ago doesn't fill me with confidence..I nice archive goal from none other than Frank Lampard, followed by lots of Chelsea fans tweeting "announce him already".

Eighteen years to the day since they agreed his transfer 

4 minutes ago, David said:

The tweet is probably because.....

My wife has been working away a lot recently, she has been seen on Friday evening's in Cleethorpes with another man, I thought the rumours were strange because she has been seen smiling, which I can't believe is my wife...

Anyway, you seem to be able to put a positive spin on everything at the minute, can you help me out on this one?

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

My wife has been working away a lot recently, she has been seen on Friday evening's in Cleethorpes with another man, I thought the rumours were strange because she has been seen smiling, which I can't believe is my wife...

Anyway, you seem to be able to put a positive spin on everything at the minute, can you help me out on this one?

Check her underwear for sand when she gets back in.

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Once upon a time there was light in my life,

now my bodies falling apart,

nothing I can do, I totally poo when I fart,

Just been through the author of the goal articles twitter. In his replies to the article, although he states it is 'not done yet' he 'expects' lampard to be appointed. I just wonder if the compo is too much to turn down for Mel, around 5m and i'd have thought we'd happily see the back of him. 

Archived