Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

I suspect if it’s going to be announced it’ll be announced this morning, they’re not going to travel to Florida together and risk it being announced on their behalf by photographers, snapping the squad and Mr Cocu on their travels.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Harry B said:

Everybody wants announcements, both Derby and Chelsea fans, but in reality how much difference does it make? Not much from what I can tell.

Chelsea know who their manager is and so do Derby, I think it's reasonable to assume that. Those guys will now be assessing their squads, looking at the tapes from last season, having private conversations with players and board members, speaking to people at the club about comings and goings (or just goings in Chelsea's case), speaking to people at the club about player contracts etc.

In other words: planning.

Derby's players only got back this week and Chelsea's players aren't even back yet I don't think. It's all fitness testing. The manager isn't needed on the training ground. In other words, they've already started on their new jobs, whether they've signed their contracts or not or whether it's been announced or not.

I don't think this delay has any bearing on anything. Derby and Chelsea will know exactly where they stand and everybody will have been keeping everybody in the loop. The delay is frustrating to the fans and the media but to the clubs I doubt a few days here or there makes any difference at all.

There will be reasons for the delay which both clubs will be privy to. None of us have a clue what they are, including journalists. In all likelihood there is a lot of conspiratorial nonsense being written.

Except our players have been doing more than just fitness testing...

Archived