Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

4 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

Do you fancy him??

He is a snake and I don’t care if it’s Chelsea or not, he started a job with us and he should have showed loyalty to us. 

As much loyalty as we show over and over again to Martin, Thorne, Butterfield, Bryson etc etc etc

We're quite happy to talk about binning off players who have given decent service over an amount of time without even seeing what happens pre-season - Bryson was written off by loads of fans last season even though the manager kept playing him - And their were a vast number not wanting to give him a new contract - Johnson too (there's even as thread about it)

Why do you demand loyalty from a manager when as fans we show so little to players?

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Just because Frank is going to Chelsea what makes you think its a certainty we will get any loanees in? We will be just another club to Frank 

I don't think that for one minute. Mel hasn't stood in Lampards way and he already had respect for Mel and it's out of that respect I would guess that if a player became available frank would be delighted to let him come here.

7 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

I don't think that for one minute. Mel hasn't stood in Lampards way and he already had respect for Mel and it's out of that respect I would guess that if a player became available frank would be delighted to let him come here.

I sincerely hope you are correct,time will tell

I’m left a little bemused by just why this saga is taking so long to conclude. 

1/ Chelsea want Lampard. ☑️

2/ Lampard clearly wants to go to Chelsea.☑️

3/ We have given permission for their negotiations to begin, therefore a fee must be agreed between DCFC & CFC. ☑️

So if this is Franks dream job, surely money can’t come in to it. I can’t imagine Chelsea are offering less money that little old Derby were paying him. 

So why wouldn’t he be happy to sign on the dotted line and do us all a favour and take the ducking job.

Thus allowing us all the opportunity to crack on with the season ahead  both DCFC & CFC alike.

51 minutes ago, Kennington Ram said:

Hopefully a 6pm announcement in time for tomorrow's papers. It looks like it's all done and amicably, and now I just want to see the Glorious Revolution get going and some signings on the board (Shinnie aside...).

Feels like we've lost a fortnight in which you'd expect some notable signings and some statements of intent, particularly from a continuing manager. 

On for the rangers thread, but rangers fans are so British that their favourite part of britishness is the bit where the ge Dutch take over the country without even a fight being put up (you know, because Celtic...)

I think I'm actually starting to feel sorry for Frank.  All the prevarication is reminiscent of Chelsea's handling of the Sarri appointment last year so I'm not going to countenance this has anything to do with us delaying it.  As a result a lot of the buzz and excitement seems to be draining away from the appointment.  I have a national team and they have moved from teasing me about 'Fat Frank' leaving to telling me they're just bored of the saga.  Even the Chelsea fan on the team has moved from a triumphal 'he's coming home' to a more sombre reflection that Frank has got a hell of a task ahead of him.

In short Chelsea are in danger of killing Frank's feel good bounce before they've even got him through the door and that's going to make a tough job even harder for him.  For Frank's sake Chelsea need to get this over the line quickly.

21 minutes ago, DazaDunn said:

I'm actually convinced Chelsea are waiting for us to run out of time and sack him to avoid any compensation. 

Run out of time for what? If they don't sign him then we keep him. Even if I'd prefer Cocu at this point there is no way we would just sack Frank.

36 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

I expect loyalty - never once have I been on the popside forum.

This is my forum, I want to finish the job I started.  I've got a lifetime contract and want to grow and develop over that time frame.  I will not be making any further comment on this matter.

2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Run out of time for what? If they don't sign him then we keep him. Even if I'd prefer Cocu at this point there is no way we would just sack Frank.

Run out of time to sign Cocu. The twitter rumour that has popped up (by some guy who's come out of nowhere) is that Chelsea are holding up the contract so we're pressured by Cocu threatening to bail so we sack Lampard. Meaning Chelsea don't have to pay us any compensation.

Archived