Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry but frank is not a "snake." He left to go to one of the biggest clubs in the world, one where he also spent a large amount of his playing career, is top goal scorer and happens to be regarded as a legend there. You know if it was any other club, he would have stayed with us.

6 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I'm sorry but frank is not a "snake." He left to go to one of the biggest clubs in the world, one where he also spent a large amount of his playing career, is top goal scorer and happens to be regarded as a legend there. You know if it was any other club, he would have stayed with us.

What if Man City came calling?

9 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

We always knew he would be up for Chelsea if they came for him, I'm a bit dissapointed as I expected him to have to achieve more with us to attract their attention.

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

What if Man City came calling?

Perhaps Man City he'd have considered the offer.

But at the very least he's jumped for a job several rungs above his current one. Frank going to Chelsea is a lot easier to accept than Frank goes to Crystal Palace/Brighton/Stoke (low prem top championship or stoke city)

17 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Do you fancy him??

He is a snake and I don’t care if it’s Chelsea or not, he started a job with us and he should have showed loyalty to us. 

Just now, CHCDerby said:

Do you fancy him??

He is a snake and I don’t care if it’s Chelsea or not, he started a job with us and he should have showed loyalty to us. 

Do you think Mel would have showed the same "loyalty" if we were in the relegation zone in October?

13 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Do you think Mel would have showed the same "loyalty" if we were in the relegation zone in October?

I'm sorry but the relationship was great and showed no sign of stopping. You release a manager if things have got to the end of the line with no fix, we showed no sign of this.

We offered him his first job as becoming a manager and he jumped ship at first opportunity, Chelsea or not he should have showed loyalty to us.

Are you happy that we have no manager in place going into pre-season and just two days away from going to The States? 

And to answer your question, no, I don't think Mel would have sacked him in October if we were in the relegation zone. Mel has learnt a lot in 5 years. 

9 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

I'm sorry but the relationship was great and showed no sign of stopping. You release a manager if things have got to the end of the line with no fix, we showed no sign of this.

We offered him his first job as becoming a manager and he jumped ship at first opportunity, Chelsea or not he should have showed loyalty to us.

Are you happy that we have no manager in place going into pre-season and just two days away from going to The States? 

And to answer your question, no, I don't think Mel would have sacked him in October if we were in the relegation zone. Mel has learnt a lot in 5 years. 

I don't think any of this is relevant. The guy got offered his dream job. Put yourself in his shoes.

4 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

I don't think any of this is relevant. The guy got offered his dream job. Put yourself in his shoes.

What was he offered 12 months ago?

I know loyalty isn't available in football and for what Derby have had to sit through in the last 5 weeks is nothing short of embarrassing.

Are you forgetting Drogba, Ferdinand and even his own missus plugging his move away from Derby and showing no respect whatsoever to Mel, DCFC and the supporters??? 

I get that he's been offered his dream job but we've been shown zero respect from 95% of people not related to DCFC which IMO says a lot. 

I'm also going to give very loud booooooo's at the TV when Loose Women come on because she is having it too. 

I'm not sure that all this endless delaying (on what we've been told for 5 weeks now is a "done deal") will do Lampard any good in the long run

Whether true or not, it portrays far too much uncertainty from both parties. You know that as soon as results take a wobble, the commentariat will head straight back to the idea of how it was a gamble and that the delays showed they were never 100% confident about it in the first place

2 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

What was he offered 12 months ago?

I know loyalty isn't available in football and for what Derby have had to sit through in the last 5 weeks is nothing short of embarrassing.

Are you forgetting Drogba, Ferdinand and even his own missus plugging his move away from Derby and showing no respect whatsoever to Mel, DCFC and the supporters??? 

I get that he's been offered his dream job but we've been shown zero respect from 95% of people not related to DCFC which IMO says a lot. 

I'm also going to give very loud booooooo's at the TV when Loose Women come on because she is having it too. 

Nothing embarrassing about it. Any CL club want any manager from the Championship and it's happening. Add in the history there, plus the compo, and there's nothing to get upset about for me.

Drogba and co owe us nothing, Frank has worked within his contract and done a good, if not spectacular, job. Best thing to do is wish him well and keep your fingers crossed for some cracking loans.

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Circumstances.

Nobody could have predicted the circumstances that's led to yet another crazy chapter in the roller coaster life of being a Derby County fan.

I'm sure Frank would of been happy to stay at Derby and not have had the ridiculous circumstances at Chelsea conspiring to create a vacancy that should not of been there. 3rd in the league behind arguably the two best teams in Premiership history and winning a Cup should not have meant a manager leaving....

I believe Frank would have led us to another exciting season, he would continue to learn his trade and enhance his unique rapport with he players and fans, the highs more than made up for the lows.

Lets not dwell on the negatives, lets rise above the frustration of the media frenzy surrounding Frank and Chelsea, lets be the classy ones here.

This is what I think and I hope others feel the same, when our paths cross I hope we give you a rousing welcome.

Frank, thanks for bringing a bit of glamour to our club, raising our profile a wee bit, we will never forget the wins at Man United, West Brom, Norwich, Southampton, Bristol City, the great performance at Chelsea, and the win at Leeds - wow, what a memory that is, summat we can wind the dirties up with for years to come.

We wish you all the best at Chelsea and for the rest of your career, we hope one day you will win the World Cup for England and maybe give a little nod to Derby on the way. We took you to our hearts Frank and tbf, we believe you took to us as well.

Like I say, circumstances, fate, whatever, life goes on.

I would like to think most fair minded Rams fans feel the same.

Wilkom bij Derby Phillipe, the future is Oranje ?

preach tina fey GIF by Sisters

26 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

He earned a fantastic living doing something most of us would have loved to have done, playing the greatest game in the world, that should have been his dream job, anything else is just a bonus.

Just now, AdamRam said:

He earned a fantastic living doing something most of us would have loved to have done, playing the greatest game in the world, that should have been his dream job, anything else is just a bonus.

You're right, his life should have been all downhill after accomplishing his dream. How dare he aspire to anything else.

When did your dreams peak? 5 higher grades in your GCSEs?

3 minutes ago, cosmic said:

You're right, his life should have been all downhill after accomplishing his dream. How dare he aspire to anything else.

When did your dreams peak? 5 higher grades in your GCSEs?

Did you not read what I posted or just chose to ignore it for your personal agenda ?

I didn’t bemoan him taking any other job, just pointing out that his dream job should be being involved and having a fantastic living from being involved in football.

I lost respect for Lampard months ago, personally, for reasons I have been told I am not allowed to express on here. I was also utterly tired of the media circus around 'Frank Lampard's Derby County'. The whole notion of a founding club of the football league being described in those terms is disrespectful to our history and identity. I found it cringeworthy and embarrassing that we were riding on the coattails of celebrity of a player famous for achievements at another club.

Whilst I originally welcomed the appointment, and was supportive of the idea that Lampard should be allowed time to learn his trade and build a project here, that is now not going to happen because he would rather be somewhere else. 

The lack of respect shown in the manner of his leaving doesn't surprise me. We live in a world where celebrity takes precedence over ability or integrity. I just hope whoever comes in next will have more about him, respect the club of which he is a part, and finish the job he starts. 

Archived