Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

9 minutes ago, Shang said:

Run out of time to sign Cocu. The twitter rumour that has popped up (by some guy who's come out of nowhere) is that Chelsea are holding up the contract so we're pressured by Cocu threatening to bail so we sack Lampard. Meaning Chelsea don't have to pay us any compensation.

What utter rubbish......the compensation for Frank and staff will be ,4 million upwards all together probably less than 10.That is small change to Chelsea even more so with a two window transfer ban they will have all the prem riches burning a hole in their pockets.

There appears to be a press embargo in place for all sides till they have everything in place.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Is it your hypothesis, that my impeccable protracted locution has induced a discombobulation within yourself that has ultimately entrenched itself as a disinterest in my postulation?

contrafibularities.jpg

29 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I think I'm actually starting to feel sorry for Frank.  All the prevarication is reminiscent of Chelsea's handling of the Sarri appointment last year so I'm not going to countenance this has anything to do with us delaying it.  As a result a lot of the buzz and excitement seems to be draining away from the appointment.  I have a national team and they have moved from teasing me about 'Fat Frank' leaving to telling me they're just bored of the saga.  Even the Chelsea fan on the team has moved from a triumphal 'he's coming home' to a more sombre reflection that Frank has got a hell of a task ahead of him.

In short Chelsea are in danger of killing Frank's feel good bounce before they've even got him through the door and that's going to make a tough job even harder for him.  For Frank's sake Chelsea need to get this over the line quickly.

I wouldn’t feel too sorry for Frank. He could have stopped all this nonsense by saying no to Chelsea, staying put and finishing the job here.

Anyone else feeling a sense of relief (almost) that we didn’t go up? Imagine how the last few weeks would have played out back in the PL

23 minutes ago, Shang said:

Run out of time to sign Cocu. The twitter rumour that has popped up (by some guy who's come out of nowhere) is that Chelsea are holding up the contract so we're pressured by Cocu threatening to bail so we sack Lampard. Meaning Chelsea don't have to pay us any compensation.

If Chelsea did that, it's possible that we could claim economic duress.

12 minutes ago, GenBr said:

And why is there a finite time to sign Cocu? Even if there is we either keep Lampard or we find another manager. Complete nonsense that we would sack Frank. 

It's not even like Chelsea need the £4m - they have a transfer embargo anyway, but it's small change to them. Why would they go to should crazy lengths to avoid it?

If by some miracle it's true though - we would never sack Frank. From our perspective - that £4m is going to be a large part of the Coc-meister's war chest, so we'd be better off just leaving Frank on Gardening Leave until Chelsea grow up

Just now, Andicis said:

Oh, so you're another fake ITK?

I'm more than happy to keep anything I hear to myself if you wish? I'm saying what I've been told... If I'm wrong then I can promise you that I'll be apologising.

1 minute ago, StivePesley said:

It's not even like Chelsea need the £4m - they have a transfer embargo anyway, but it's small change to them. Why would they go to should crazy lengths to avoid it?

If by some miracle it's true though - we would never sack Frank. From our perspective - that £4m is going to be a large part of the Coc-meister's war chest, so we'd be better off just leaving Frank on Gardening Leave until Chelsea grow up

Exactly. Doesn't make any sense. In any case if they were messing us around and not finalising the contract we'd have a very strong case to take them to court for inducement to breach contract. We'd probably end up getting the money anyway.

12 minutes ago, DazaDunn said:

Won't give names but I'm confident it won't be done today. It may be wrong though. 

11 minutes ago, td_evans said:

I wouldn't worry too much. Cocu has definitely signed and Van Der Weerden will be Assistant, it'll be announced later.

Some outrageous late claims by newbies for the #ITK title. You can't both be right!

Archived