Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Get it sorted for the first day back one way or another. Grow some balls. 

100% he should have taken the move. Just make it clear that on Monday just gone he'll be at Moor Farm with his players preparing for the season and will be unavailable to move this summer because he will be busy putting 100% into preparing for the season and asking players to trust and dedicate themselves to what he asks of them.

If I was a Chelsea I'd demand the same there too because I'm a man that sticks by and up for my players. 

I'm not surprised you Southerners stick together. All your breakfast "muffins", hand creams and warmer climate. 

Have Lampard back. We're going Dutch

Have to agree to disagree as matters stand Alpha.  Till l hear differently, from Mel Morris, l suspect Lampard has been very mindful of Derby’s requirements, including not attending this week, and also delaying his inevitable coronation till we had our own good news lined up.  I am glad you don’t have hand cream up there. Be bloody dangerous trying to hold on to them pitchforks.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Where is the 7 mill compensation coming from? Anyone care to link me?

I find this £7m compensation figure amusing, if we sell or buy a player of late it is usually for “an undisclosed fee” but the compensation due for Frank, Jody, etc etc is £4m, £2m and £1m respectively. Where do these figures come from, we don’t disclose transfer fees in or out but contractual clauses well that’s bound to be public knowledge. 

The Press reports are basically 2 + 2 = whatever the duck we like. ??‍♂️??

Circumstances.

Nobody could have predicted the circumstances that's led to yet another crazy chapter in the roller coaster life of being a Derby County fan.

I'm sure Frank would of been happy to stay at Derby and not have had the ridiculous circumstances at Chelsea conspiring to create a vacancy that should not of been there. 3rd in the league behind arguably the two best teams in Premiership history and winning a Cup should not have meant a manager leaving....

I believe Frank would have led us to another exciting season, he would continue to learn his trade and enhance his unique rapport with he players and fans, the highs more than made up for the lows.

Lets not dwell on the negatives, lets rise above the frustration of the media frenzy surrounding Frank and Chelsea, lets be the classy ones here.

This is what I think and I hope others feel the same, when our paths cross I hope we give you a rousing welcome.

Frank, thanks for bringing a bit of glamour to our club, raising our profile a wee bit, we will never forget the wins at Man United, West Brom, Norwich, Southampton, Bristol City, the great performance at Chelsea, and the win at Leeds - wow, what a memory that is, summat we can wind the dirties up with for years to come.

We wish you all the best at Chelsea and for the rest of your career, we hope one day you will win the World Cup for England and maybe give a little nod to Derby on the way. We took you to our hearts Frank and tbf, we believe you took to us as well.

Like I say, circumstances, fate, whatever, life goes on.

I would like to think most fair minded Rams fans feel the same.

Wilkom bij Derby Phillipe, the future is Oranje ?

5 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Circumstances.

Nobody could have predicted the circumstances that's led to yet another crazy chapter in the roller coaster life of being a Derby County fan.

I'm sure Frank would of been happy to stay at Derby and not have had the ridiculous circumstances at Chelsea conspiring to create a vacancy that should not of been there. 3rd in the league behind arguably the two best teams in Premiership history and winning a Cup should not have meant a manager leaving....

I believe Frank would have led us to another exciting season, he would continue to learn his trade and enhance his unique rapport with he players and fans, the highs more than made up for the lows.

Lets not dwell on the negatives, lets rise above the frustration of the media frenzy surrounding Frank and Chelsea, lets be the classy ones here.

This is what I think and I hope others feel the same, when our paths cross I hope we give you a rousing welcome.

Frank, thanks for bringing a bit of glamour to our club, raising our profile a wee bit, we will never forget the wins at Man United, West Brom, Norwich, Southampton, Bristol City, the great performance at Chelsea, and the win at Leeds - wow, what a memory that is, summat we can wind the dirties up with for years to come.

We wish you all the best at Chelsea and for the rest of your career, we hope one day you will win the World Cup for England and maybe give a little nod to Derby on the way. We took you to our hearts Frank and tbf, we believe you took to us as well.

Nah .  Don't feel any of that .

37 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Circumstances.

Disappointed with how the Frank lampard divorce happened but I am equally excited for the future. Isn't Cocu (if it's definitely done) going to be the first foreign manager in Derbys history? I can't think of any.

1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

Circumstances.

Spot on ??

Reacting to the points above...someone who happens to be born in Nottingham or be born to Forest parents....they are just victims of circumstances. They have not slighted me or rejected me...

But in football terms they are the enemy.  I can have a sensible chat with them still. 

Frank is worse in my eyes.... conscious decisions to leave us in the lurch. 

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Circumstances.

You wouldn’t be saying this if Darren Moore, Wassall, Hughton Etc. was going to be manager. 

Its only because Mel has pulled one out the bag that you are feeling all sentimental. 

Frank is selfish and thinks diddly squat about us so why would we give him a rousing welcome, that’s just crazy. 

The same reception as Rowett for me if not more blow up snakes. 

Will Frank join the list of recent ex-Derby managers who have left to go on to have great success?

Mac, Clement, Pearson, Rowett...Lampard?

Compared to that mob, Clough has been outstanding and even Wee Billy did well for a while.

DCFC...where ok managers leave to die.

16 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:
17 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

The same reception as Rowett for me if not more blow up snakes. 

Because doing that at Stoke really helped our team, didn’t it?

Archived