Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

16 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Still hearing the same that it will be Darren Moore.

Latest I've heard is Lampard to Chelsea will be announced Monday. Swiftly followed by Darren Moore at Derby.

Also 2 new signings next week. 

Jordan Willis and Andy King.

Don't hold me too it. I get next to nothing anymore. But what I get I'll feed back.

Monday will be a sad day if that's true. 

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, True Ram said:

I've heard he will sign a contract extension on Monday 

Pray to God what you've heard is right and what I've heard is baalocks.

I can't help but feel that if the contract extension has been on offer for so long it would be done, signed and announced by now.

12 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Latest I've heard is Lampard to Chelsea will be announced Monday. Swiftly followed by Darren Moore at Derby.

Don't hold me too it. I get next to nothing anymore. But what I get I'll feed back.

Cannot for the life of me see the appeal of Darren Moore. Had far and away the best squad in the Championship last season and didn't deliver and was sacked because of it. Very surprised if we sign King as I can't see why we would want to - just a blockage on the youth coming through. Know nothing about Willis. Was really hoping we'd buy Pinnock (or Tomori!) if we were going for a centre half.

And yes I'm miserable at the thought that Frank may be leaving and in a bad mood - but especially if it's back to this.

Darren Moore. God dammit.

Seems like a lovely bloke but ffs, his WBA side were awful to watch last year. Terrible at the back and they never, ever looked like they had an idea going forward. He had one of the best sides in the Championship last season, arguably the best, and managed to make them look like they belonged in the Championship. West Brom fans will tell you that he had to go. Some didn't think they'd make top 6 if he'd stayed in charge.

Hate to be this negative but I just could not see him lasting the season. Awful decision if true.

As for those two signings: Willis I can understand, but Andy King is EXACTLY the type of player I thought we had learnt NOT to sign. Had his day in the sun, big wages and way past his best. Didn't look great in a Derby shirt last year either, granted he didn't spend much time in it.

If @MACKWORTHRAM is right, then Monday could be dreadful. I had heard the same about Lampard going on that day to appease FFP, but all the other stuff I hadn't.

25 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I really hope your source has got it badly wrong on this one. Moore is not up to the job and as for signing Andy King on a permanent deal - definitely not!

8 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Pray to God what you've heard is right and what I've heard is baalocks.

I can't help but feel that if the contract extension has been on offer for so long it would be done, signed and announced by now.

I've known this person for 20 years he has worked for Derby for the last 12 year's if it's bull he will know about it when I see him 

Darren Moore wouldn't surprise me.

mel usually takes a convenient, out of work option. 

I could believe the transfer news too.

depressing if true.

31 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Also hearing the same, along with Jimmy Shan.

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Not doubting you at all mate. Infact I hope it's true. More than anything.

I'm doubting it. Sounds total bs to me.

Archived