Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Shan was always going to leave WBA given he was part of Moore’s staff and he’s now gone and been replaced by Bilic. Don’t think you can read much into that, it’s expected. Mind he has been around there a while in other capacity’s and it’s taken a while for him to eventually leave so maybe he was waiting for something... I don’t know. If he was waiting for a job to leave then I guess it lines up, I did have a feeling it would be Moore but I hope that feelings wrong... I honestly think he’d be gone as quick as Pearson.

Like I said, it could be nothing and I'm just making the parts fit, but he's been at West Brom in some capacity or other since 2006, and he moved into the assistant coaching role from the U23 role, with every other academy coach just moving up a level. I would have thought that they would have reintegrated him back into the academy if he's not wanted in the first team staff, which is why I wonder if he's found work elsewhere (possibly here) already. Mind you, West Brom definitely have an odd way of doing things at times, and it could just be nothing.

2 minutes ago, WHAT DO I GET said:

David, far be it from me to correct you, but I have you spoken to the right Mel?

Our illustrious leader was on Talksport on Wednesday not Tuesday, I do know there was Mel the butcher from Ilson on talksport on Tuesday discussing a new man for his new pork chop shop.

I have and you are correct. I knew it was one which ended with day!

Just now, JfR said:

Like I said, it could be nothing and I'm just making the parts fit, but he's been at West Brom in some capacity or other since 2006, and he moved into the assistant coaching role from the U23 role, with every other academy coach just moving up a level. I would have thought that they would have reintegrated him back into the academy if he's not wanted in the first team staff, which is why I wonder if he's found work elsewhere (possibly here) already. Mind you, West Brom definitely have an odd way of doing things at times, and it could just be nothing.

Like I say I definately find the timing odd that he didn’t go right away with bilics announcement, and having been there so long it does seem strange that he’d drag his leaving out until now and not get a proper send off so to speak. But once you’ve made it to first team level you don’t want to drop back into academy level, you want to keep working in the role and level you’ve reached. So it makes perfect sense he’d leave with bilics staff replacing him and just follow Moore wherever he goes next to continue in the same role there. So I expect him here if Moore comes, but I don’t think him leaving WBA is unexpected and makes it more likely.

29 minutes ago, David said:

I have spoken with Mel tonight and wanted to clear a couple of things up and issue a gentle reminder of an interview when was aired on TalkSport on Wednesday.

There has been a lot of talk about Lampard’s announcement being delayed until the 1st July for FFP, this is not true. The situation is the same as it was on Tuesday when Mel spoke on TalkSport, the club are waiting to hear the outcome of the negotiations between Frank and Chelsea. 

If Frank does leave, please go back and listen to Mel’s interview on TalkSport where he discusses the type of manager the club will be looking at bringing in.

The club wish to continue the style of play we saw under Frank, be open to using the academy players and a manager that we, the fans, will have a connection with and won’t be booing after the first goal of the season is conceded!

This clearly rules out a number of managers on the bookies shortlists so don’t get yourself worked up when a manager goes evens.

We’re all frustrated, the club are aware, but stay calm, try and be patient. Monday morning and the start of pre season is more about fitness, seeing which players have indulged over the summer a little too much and need to run an extra lap around Moor Farm, no real coaching takes place. Whilst not ideal, it shouldn’t impact our preparations for the season too much.

Why does this lead me to believe there won't be answers for a while yet? ?

Just a quick disclaimer to preserve my personal opinions after my earlier post.

I don’t know any names of who the club would be looking to replace Frank with.

I also haven’t been through the bookies list and asked would we or wouldn’t we.

I am in the same position as you all so if I say for example, no chance will it be Niall Horan, that would be my personal opinion based on the criteria which was spoke about on TalkSport. 

Niall Horan though seriously? No chance.

1 minute ago, Mick Brolly said:

Sorry but I find this really sad that you've bought racism into this .

Really strange as well. Playing the race card. 

Pretty sure most of the fans would be happy with Chris Hughton?

No fan in their right mind would not want Moore based on the colour of his skin. Awful to even suggest it.

31 minutes ago, David said:

I have spoken with Mel tonight and wanted to clear a couple of things up and issue a gentle reminder of an interview when was aired on TalkSport on Wednesday.

There has been a lot of talk about Lampard’s announcement being delayed until the 1st July for FFP, this is not true. The situation is the same as it was on Tuesday when Mel spoke on TalkSport, the club are waiting to hear the outcome of the negotiations between Frank and Chelsea. 

If Frank does leave, please go back and listen to Mel’s interview on TalkSport where he discusses the type of manager the club will be looking at bringing in.

The club wish to continue the style of play we saw under Frank, be open to using the academy players and a manager that we, the fans, will have a connection with and won’t be booing after the first goal of the season is conceded!

This clearly rules out a number of managers on the bookies shortlists so don’t get yourself worked up when a manager goes evens.

We’re all frustrated, the club are aware, but stay calm, try and be patient. Monday morning and the start of pre season is more about fitness, seeing which players have indulged over the summer a little too much and need to run an extra lap around Moor Farm, no real coaching takes place. Whilst not ideal, it shouldn’t impact our preparations for the season too much.

I hope you dropped the word Valakari in now and again during your chat 

2 minutes ago, David said:

Just a quick disclaimer to preserve my personal opinions after my earlier post.

I don’t know any names of who the club would be looking to replace Frank with.

I also haven’t been through the bookies list and asked would we or wouldn’t we.

I am in the same position as you all so if I say for example, no chance will it be Niall Horan, that would be my personal opinion based on the criteria which was spoke about on TalkSport. 

Niall Horan though seriously? No chance.

#HoranIn

33 minutes ago, David said:

No doubt that Lampard had a connection with the fans. That and stability are the main reasons I want him to stay here.

But the style of football he played? What was that exactly? 

23 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Said it a million times mate. The outstanding candidate by a country mile. 

Can't see Mel giving it to him though.

Hughton possibly not 'hollywood' enough for Mel after enjoying the Lampard celeb circus. Then again, nor are any of the other candidates.....

23 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

Oooo Mel friend

Sausage buddies, mate.

(you need to have been on here some time to understand what I'm getting at)

Of the current out of work candidates my preferred would be Hughton. 

Moore had an initial feel good boost at West Brom where "Big Dave" is rightly a legend. Yes he played for us too, but in a dour team and as part of *that* season, so although he was clearly a good bloke he was a very limited footballer and I don't remember his time fondly. 

West Brom should never have gone down, which wasn't Moore's fault, but they seemed to have far and away the best team at the start of the season. My question was who would go up alongside them? They scored freely (great) but weren't half awful at the back. 

Moore was promoted from within and as I've said elsewhere I don't believe he did enough to establish himself as a decent Championship manager. It's understandable WBA promoted him from within and gave him a go because of his stature within the club. I'd rather we gave that opportunity to Wassall if we're going down the route of inexperienced manager who's been successful within the club setup. 

But if it goes to Moore of course I'll support him 100%

52 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Sounds more like the classic football fan logic that ex-strikers can only coach strikers and ex-defenders can only coach defenders (AKA "Kevin Phillips Syndrome").

I remember from the Sky coverage of our 4-1 win there that they were saying Moore was responsible for the defence & Jones the attack. It would be odd for them to be that explicit unless there was some truth in it. Pretty strange set up if you ask me but it did seem to work until just after Christmas.

Assuming that was right, it further harpoons Moore's credentials as a) he largely failed to make West Brom defensively secure, which was his side of the bargain & b) it would seem he hasn't actually had full responsibility for an entire team yet!! 

We can't treat this like an exact science, although we all think it true it's not the case that all you have to do is hire a good manager and you get good results. I was pleased at Jewell and dissapointed to get Jim Smith, shows what I know. Managers can drop into a situation that suits their skills and overperform, or situations that mean they underperform. Whoever we get I'm behind them.

Archived