Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

On 20/05/2019 at 10:17, Shorty389 said:

It's not a new rumour either. It's been around for several weeks. I very much doubt it will happen, Frank knows that while he has done wonders for us at Derby, he needs a bit more time as a manager before going somewhere as big as Chelsea....

Exactly this ^^^^.  It could be managerial suicide going to a big club with no transfer policy, having to bring through the youth etc. 

Frank is not stupid. He knows if he goes and fails he would be thrown under a bus and not get a gig at a top club again.

He needs to really build his reputation first.

Chelsea with get him eventually I am sure (just not now)

While I think about it, what better rumour to bring back to the surface from an Aston Villa source to try and upset the apple-cart) Let's start our own - Dean Smith tipped as favourite to take over at ....... Insert team

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Can’t see him taking it yet even if he was offered it. He knows he won’t be ready, especially when he can’t sign anyone for 2 transfer windows. Would end in tears and ruin his legacy, he will wait for the right time 

You think Frank Lampard would turn down the Chelsea job? Highly doubt that.

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

If he does go to Chelsea, we should appoint Bielsa just to annoy Leeds.

I would go for Rowett 2, but make him do a Kieftenbeld and sign the wrong form.

When he slinks out for the press conference holding his wine break the news to him.

I highly doubt he would turn it down, just as I think it unlikely he would be offered it at this moment.

I have no doubt he will be offered the job at some point (assuming he makes a success of it here) but can’t see it yet.  While I like him, getting us to the playoffs means he is doing a ‘good’ job, but not a spectacular one.  He still has a lot of mistakes to make while learning the job, and I’m sure Chelsea would prefer he made them here.  My guess is that win or lose on Monday we get another season out of FL before he moves on.

Now I’ve said this with such confidence, I fully expect an announcement on the pitch after Monday’s game telling us all he is leaving ?.

1 hour ago, SouthStandDan said:

Think the Italians need to go back to doing what they do best. Cooking great food and drinking fine wine. Not creating poo football rumours.

Unfortunately we're famous for creating football rumours. Many Italians spend several hours listening to these so-called "journalists" talking about stupid transfer rumours. Don't worry, 99% of them are fake news. It's only a distraction from the big match on Monday. COYR

I get the feeling that Frank is loyal but not overly sentimental like some ex players.

He and his coaching staff all appear pretty settled up here and aslong as they still feel there’s something to achieve here then they won’t move on.

On 20/05/2019 at 10:14, Harrowram said:

I work in London amongst Chelsea supporters .There is a strong rumour circulating that Chelsea will sack Mauricio Sarri regardless of the Europa Cup result . Apparently they want to appoint Frank Lampard and Jodie Morris to bring on their young players during the impending transfer ban.Sorry to put a dampener on proceedings but it is a genuine rumour.

Do you sweep the terraces ??

I've was talking to a number of Chelsea fans a few days ago whilst in London, and the general consensus was they don't actually want Lampard to be manager yet. 

Apparently the higher management situation there is not good and it would be difficult for any manager let alone one with one years experience in the Championship. 

They don't want him to fail and go from a club legend to a villain if it all went wrong. They would rather he stayed at somewhere like Derby and stabilised us as a top half prem team first. 

1 minute ago, Sprrms1983 said:

I've was talking to a number of Chelsea fans a few days ago whilst in London, and the general consensus was they don't actually want Lampard to be manager yet. 

Apparently the higher management situation there is not good and it would be difficult for any manager let alone one with one years experience in the Championship. 

They don't want him to fail and go from a club legend to a villain if it all went wrong. They would rather he stayed at somewhere like Derby and stabilised us as a top half prem team first. 

pretty much sums up the conversation i had with the Hampshire Blues.

The issues with Chelsea are with Bruce Buck and that side of things as Roman is looking for some return on his outlay (and is increasingly distant from the club following the visa issue)

Its a pretty poisoned chalice at the moment.

20 minutes ago, Sprrms1983 said:

Exactly

Franks a pro and even all this talk he wilnt even consider even thinking about it until after the final if its true or not, what ever he does he deserves all the credit comes his way! If he does go i hope jody morris takes on manager roll

1 hour ago, Sprrms1983 said:

I'm a Chelsea fan myself and there are quite a few of us who share the same outlook. There's no way Lampard would succeed with the way the club is functioning right now. The board and directors have no idea what they want and no long term planning or resolution to stick by what they think they want. It would be incredibly hard for Lampard himself to turn down the job but it's in the best interest of all 3 parties imo. If he takes the Chelsea job now and fails, I'm more worried what it'll do to his managerial career.

Archived