Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he does go, I've certainly gone from wanting him to do well at Chelsea to hoping it all ends in tears purely on the media circus surrounding it. Nothing against Chelsea or Lampard, but the media have made the inevitable struggles much more enjoyable for us that have had to sit through all this. I'm sure if - when - he does leave I'll probably go back to being supportive but I'll be in the minority. 

Surely if Frank is to go it will be on condition set by Dcfc, firstly compensation £4 mill having been mentioned and secondly on condition of us having found a successor,so would have thought Chelsea only disadvantaging  themselves by drawing this out. If indeed they are at all even interested in Frank. As of yet several weeks of speculation mainly cheap talk by people not in the know so I am optimistic that Frank  and Jodie have not commented because they know as much as us.

Until any such developments my allegiance remains with Frank conducting himself in the professional manner he has shown since joining us and I hope I am not disappointed in my faith in him to have conducted himself correctly during this matter.

presumably this speculation is close to ending as the season approaches and both teams need to prepare.Let's hope whatever the outcome DCFC do not become disadvantaged in the coming season.

8 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Surely if Frank is to go it will be on condition set by Dcfc, firstly compensation £4 mill having been mentioned and secondly on condition of us having found a successor,so would have thought Chelsea only disadvantaging  themselves by drawing this out. If indeed they are at all even interested in Frank. As of yet several weeks of speculation mainly cheap talk by people not in the know so I am optimistic that Frank  and Jodie have not commented because they know as much as us.

Until any such developments my allegiance remains with Frank conducting himself in the professional manner he has shown since joining us and I hope I am not disappointed in my faith in him to have conducted himself correctly during this matter.

presumably this speculation is close to ending as the season approaches and both teams need to prepare.Let's hope whatever the outcome DCFC do not become disadvantaged in the coming season.

Us having found a successor can't possibly be a condition. I don't believe this is standard practice and what would we gain? 

If it was standard practice then it would be as bad as buying house. What if the person we were interested in is currently employed and that club insisted on a similar condition and so on. It wouldn't be until one of the clubs chooses a manager currently out of work that the chain would be broken.

Also, whilst the level of compensation may be documented in Franks contract, I guess it could be partially offset by an agreement to send loan players to us although this could be difficult until a new manager is in place.

44 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

I’ve got an idea - stop thinking about it and then you can’t come up with conclusions that are based on your imagination. 

And then i'll be spared having to read your opinion on my opinion....good idea ?

But then again.....it was getting a bit fractious towards Frank, and it actually might be reasonable to assume that he is still acting fairly honourably.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Having thought about this......

i've come to the conclusion that the third party acting on behalf of chelsea IS Drogba.

they've probably used him to sound out frank, find out who he would want to assist him, what Mel's stance would be, what the contractual situation is etc.

we know that that meeting took place. But i'm beginning to doubt that frank has spoken to chelsea directly. Drogba will have reported back.

Nothing will happen until abramovich decides, and maybe he doesn't want to pay the £4m. Maybe he is waiting on franks decision. Millionaire's can be very tight fisted. Tomori could be part of a deal. What really matters now is what is in franks mind.  The situation will have strained a few relationships. 

Maybe so. But again all pure speculation just as the rest of this thread.

What I am sure of though, if Chelsea are getting 5 million for Sarri,  I am sure they wouldn't blink at passing 4 million onto Derby. Getting their man and pocketing 1 million  

1 minute ago, Richard246 said:

I have been told that Frank has serious doubts about Chelsea.

Frank may still be a Ram come next week.

My only hope with Frank and the last bit of hope I'm clinging onto is that he really is bloke I thought he was..

He says he loves it here, this is HIS club, I've heard stories that he and his wife love it up here, he feels part of something...I've seen Twitter posts from Jody kissing the Derby badge, that night at Leeds, of all the good times Lamps has experienced with Chelsea, I bet Leeds away is in his top 5 footballing highlights.

I cling onto the hope that Lampard is sensible, that he knows he isn't ready for Chelsea, that his time will come again and with the backing of Mel, him and Jody could have a promotion on their CV.

If he is the man I hope he is, he should have doubts about Chelsea.

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. If there's one thing I'll not believe it's that.

Ive been told Mourinhos our next manager and he's bringing Christiano Ronaldo with him. Sorry cant reveal my source, but trust me definitely legit.

Archived