Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

9 minutes ago, Rosythram said:

I’m finding it very sad now that the excitement of last season has degenerated to this.

The point is that Frank hasn’t really done anything wrong in that if we are to believe our owner DCFC have not had a formal approach and at this point in time there is nothing to either endorse or not as its only media speculation 2+2 =5.

Except the reality is Lampard is Chelsea through and through, it's accepted by Mel that 'one day' he'll want to manage Chelsea. And lo, Chelsea are currently managerless...

Yet we're to think that agents haven't spoken with each other about the vacancy?! The fixtures are out and Lampard & Jody have said nothing - they're active on social media, it would be reasonable for a word on how they're looking forward to getting back to the training ground. Especially with all that is being said. But the fans are told nothing but that Mel has told Chelsea to get their cheque-book out if they want Lampard!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

If the unthinkable happened and frank left to be replaced by Keane,  i would seriously consider asking for my season ticket money back. The man should be nowhere near football.

Don't worry son.....situation covered.

image.thumb.jpeg.a603c42075bcfa65d33d29ec1a774d51.jpeg

33 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

I don't understand it at all. Nothing's happening, Derby are still preparing for the new season with Lampard as manager yet he's getting criticised for things other people are doing and talking about. Even if he were to go, taking the sentimentality out of it, any manager would be crazy to not want to go from the championship to a champions league club. The mentality of 'he owes us' doesn't make sense to me at all. 

I've completely lost track of this bit in amongst all the nonsense. 

What are we up to? All on holiday still so no training?

There seems to be hardly any transfer activity (as opposed to bs rumour).

end of the day. franks on holiday, having a class time smashed oot his boozer. probably laughing at all these news outlets escalating an easy link. when he's back on holiday then thats when things will actually happen, not now when he's on a well deserved holiday, taking a break from work.

This ‘circus’ only irritates those who look for it. My husband doesn’t trawl social media for Rams items in the closed season, doesn’t watch SSN and hasn’t bought a paper for years. So nothing is winding him up except me ?

2 minutes ago, Duwayne said:

end of the day. franks on holiday, having a class time smashed oot his boozer. probably laughing at all these news outlets escalating an easy link. when he's back on holiday then thats when things will actually happen, not now when he's on a well deserved holiday, taking a break from work.

So why did Mel feel the need to make a statement?

9 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

You’ve obviously got me mixed up with somebody else mate. Or someone’s nicked my phone and posted without my knowledge as I’ve never suggested moving Lampard on to Chelsea whether good or bad.

Yep must have mixed you in with a post stating that you can’t blame lampard for going to Chelsea if offered which is fair enough ,

but stand by the stuff regards your entitlement posts ,reaching the conclusion that the time is right for lampard and Derby to part ways for the good of our club is no way what you describe

1 minute ago, Duwayne said:

Because Mel's not on holiday maybe & he's too fed up of all these news articles

Then you can't expect the fans not to think something is up and want to hear from their manager - his missus can manage to post on Insta.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Then you can't expect the fans not to think something is up and want to hear from their manager - his missus can manage to post on Insta.

I get where you're coming from mate. I didn't mean it like that, All I meant was we won't hear anything until he's back off holiday, which I guess is self explanatory.

13 minutes ago, Archied said:

Yep must have mixed you in with a post stating that you can’t blame lampard for going to Chelsea if offered which is fair enough ,

but stand by the stuff regards your entitlement posts ,reaching the conclusion that the time is right for lampard and Derby to part ways for the good of our club is no way what you describe

Still not sure what you mean mate.

the entitlement comment was about the posters saying Frank should come out and make some sort of statement. Not quite sure what he’s meant to say?

Derby say there’s been no official approach. Chelsea official haven’t made a statement so what is there to comment on.

Archived