Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

41 minutes ago, Archied said:

football fans ,passionate about their club not desperate to appear liberal and intellectual about everything,

Rest assured , there is no confusion about whether or not you will be viewed as a liberal or an  intellectual.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So why did Mel feel the need to make a statement?

To shut you up.

It didn't work, but he wasn't to know that you don't take 'no' for an answer. Or 'yes' or even 'cunnilingus'.

6 minutes ago, Sean said:

@boysiewise11. I won't post the tweets cause he likes to use colourful language ?

He hasn't said that. He just said that the fact is he is Derby's manager which is true until mel agrees otherwise.

11 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Still not sure what you mean mate.

the entitlement comment was about the posters saying Frank should come out and make some sort of statement. Not quite sure what he’s meant to say?

Derby say there’s been no official approach. Chelsea official haven’t made a statement so what is there to comment on.

Nope your right , we are long past the days when it’s anything other than stupid to expect open honesty but let’s not pretend that no comment can’t tell us more than comment very often

10 minutes ago, Archied said:

Nope your right , we are long past the days when it’s anything other than stupid to expect open honesty but let’s not pretend that no comment can’t tell us more than comment very often

For fun:) Well- how does the saying go:

two types of people:

1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete information.

This is now well beyond a joke and very disrespectful to our Club. I feel very sorry for the players. A two fingered to those at The Bridge would not go amiss Frank doesn't come out of this very well either. Or am I just an impatient old        !????????

2 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

This is now well beyond a joke and very disrespectful to our Club. I feel very sorry for the players. A two fingered to those at The Bridge would not go amiss Frank doesn't come out of this very well either. Or am I just an impatient old        !????????

Nope you might be an old !??????  but agree with you It’s the players I feel for not knowing whose in charge next season/ wether style of play will change again How would  we feel in our jobs  if every 12 months a new manager came in and changed our job style sometimes completely !!  I personally know I couldn’t cope with it so sure some players feel the same And before anyone says it  yes they're paid a lot more then me but doesn’t mean they aren’t human  

Ladies , ladies ..........we are all getting very wound up by this whole situation. Let's not degenerate into a free for all slag every one off and fall out with everyone scenario which is what the London WUMs and wind up merchants/Press want us to. They are wetting themselves over this. Frank strikes me as a sensible man. He's got people everywhere trying to influence his decision. He will make his own mind up . Yes I think at face value Chelsea seem to be taking the rise over this. We don't know what is going on behind the scenes ......Will we ever know the whole truth ? ....I guess not. One way or another this situation WILL resolve itself. Just calm down and wait for the fat lady to do her warm up ?

7 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

Ladies , ladies ..........we are all getting very wound up by this whole situation. Let's not degenerate into a free for all slag every one off and fall out with everyone scenario which is what the London WUMs and wind up merchants/Press want us to. They are wetting themselves over this. Frank strikes me as a sensible man. He's got people everywhere trying to influence his decision. He will make his own mind up . Yes I think at face value Chelsea seem to be taking the rise over this. We don't know what is going on behind the scenes ......Will we ever know the whole truth ? ....I guess not. One way or another this situation WILL resolve itself. Just calm down and wait for the fat lady to do her warm up ?

Agree but the uncertainty can't drag on for much longer. What happens if Lampard is in negotiations with a player who is attracted to the move largely because he will play under Frank? Does he ask Frank if he plans to stay? Surely within the next couple of weeks we need to start making signings don't we?

23 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

With all due respect, I'm not sure why you should feel sorry for the players. They're all presumably on (an expensive) holiday and will, I would hope, play for whichever manager we have in charge when they return. It's not as if, with the possible exception of Shinnie, they have been convinced to sign recently because of Frank.

For sure , we need to plan for the upcoming season , we all know that . I go back to my statement that we don't know what is going on behind closed doors. Either Frank is first choice for them or he's second choice and they are D*cking him about. MM says they are planning for next season with Frank in charge , or maybe we were waiting for the Crazy Irishman to leave Florist ............what do I know ? ............

(O.M.G.! please don't let that pan out !)

Having thought about this......

i've come to the conclusion that the third party acting on behalf of chelsea IS Drogba.

they've probably used him to sound out frank, find out who he would want to assist him, what Mel's stance would be, what the contractual situation is etc.

we know that that meeting took place. But i'm beginning to doubt that frank has spoken to chelsea directly. Drogba will have reported back.

Nothing will happen until abramovich decides, and maybe he doesn't want to pay the £4m. Maybe he is waiting on franks decision. Millionaire's can be very tight fisted. Tomori could be part of a deal. What really matters now is what is in franks mind.  The situation will have strained a few relationships. 

7 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Just scrawled through the last 10 pages that I won't get back , don't want your time ! Frank's still our manager and nothing to see here, not even a credible update ! 

Them posters that like to say the same thing over and over will continue to say the same thing over and over ?

16 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Having thought about this......

i've come to the conclusion that the third party acting on behalf of chelsea IS Drogba.

they've probably used him to sound out frank, find out who he would want to assist him, what Mel's stance would be, what the contractual situation is etc.

we know that that meeting took place. But i'm beginning to doubt that frank has spoken to chelsea directly. Drogba will have reported back.

Nothing will happen until abramovich decides, and maybe he doesn't want to pay the £4m. Maybe he is waiting on franks decision. Millionaire's can be very tight fisted. Tomori could be part of a deal. What really matters now is what is in franks mind.  The situation will have strained a few relationships. 

I’ve got an idea - stop thinking about it and then you can’t come up with conclusions that are based on your imagination. 

Archived