Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/06/2019 at 18:54, Richard246 said:

It's the biggest not secret in football Chelsea waiting for agreement on compensation for sarri and then will negotiate compensation for Lampard.

I wish i was wrong love to be but i am not i don't do rumours!!!! 

26 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

I have been told that Frank has serious doubts about Chelsea.

Frank may still be a Ram come next week.

So which one is it?

I've got a very slight suspicion that you are pretending to know much more than you actually do.

4 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Ive been told Mourinhos our next manager and he's bringing Christiano Ronaldo with him. Sorry cant reveal my source, but trust me definitely legit.

Cool. Mourinhos out of work isn't he, so no compo?

43 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

I have been told that Frank has serious doubts about Chelsea.

Frank may still be a Ram come next week.

Have you now?

I've been told that the Earth is flat and that the Moon is made of cheese.

It's about time that this was sorted out now.  It's almost getting a bit Billy Davies after the playoffs and another McClaren spring.  

We could do without another late start to pre season and an autumn of excuses / truths about how badly prepared we were for the new season.

Like our poor form in February, the 'Yes but we did not have a full pre-season' is wearing a bit thin to those of use who fork out good money for season tickets year after year.

It's now time to sort the manager situation and then the squad.

2 hours ago, Wignall12 said:

Ladies , ladies ..........we are all getting very wound up by this whole situation. Let's not degenerate into a free for all slag every one off and fall out with everyone scenario which is what the London WUMs and wind up merchants/Press want us to. They are wetting themselves over this. Frank strikes me as a sensible man. He's got people everywhere trying to influence his decision. He will make his own mind up . Yes I think at face value Chelsea seem to be taking the rise over this. We don't know what is going on behind the scenes ......Will we ever know the whole truth ? ....I guess not. One way or another this situation WILL resolve itself. Just calm down and wait for the fat lady to do her warm up ?

Well said young Frank. What's wrong with people nowadays? There's a weird sense of entitlement that we should be told everything about everything. In the words of a famous philosopher, have a little patience. 

Chill. It's summer. Be like Frank and go on holiday. 

Seem to remember Chelsea leaving it until really late to bring in Sarri, leaving Napoli in a similar position to us.

I wonder what that must have been like for them? From what I remember, they brought Carlo Ancelloti in really swiftly after Sarri went. 

Perhaps we are prepared similarly. I hope we are. It worries me to think that the club might not be preparing for the worst, of the seemingly inevitable. 

57 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

My only hope with Frank and the last bit of hope I'm clinging onto is that he really is bloke I thought he was..

Oh my god get a grip man. 

Mel's got this all in hand - for £4m I'd give Frank a piggy back to Chelsea and so would Mel. Don't get me wrong, I think it's totally the right move for Frank and I 100% wish him well. But let's face it - if Frank couldn't get us up with those 3 excellent loans, what's he gonna do next season? Frank's got more chance of winning a cup with Chelsea than he has of getting Derby promoted. There are unemployed managers knocking around who could make us top two challengers and I wouldn't be at all suprised if Mel Morris hasn't got one of them lined up already.

Seriously, with all due respect, and thanks for an awesome season, and absolute best wishes for the future... Frank, you big ram... piss off home to Chelsea and let us crack on x

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

My only hope with Frank and the last bit of hope I'm clinging onto is that he really is bloke I thought he was..

He says he loves it here, this is HIS club, I've heard stories that he and his wife love it up here, he feels part of something...I've seen Twitter posts from Jody kissing the Derby badge, that night at Leeds, of all the good times Lamps has experienced with Chelsea, I bet Leeds away is in his top 5 footballing highlights.

I cling onto the hope that Lampard is sensible, that he knows he isn't ready for Chelsea, that his time will come again and with the backing of Mel, him and Jody could have a promotion on their CV.

If he is the man I hope he is, he should have doubts about Chelsea.

Imagine if you, MRisG, had just enjoyed an exciting debut season managing Plymouth Argyle. You’d really settled into the area and you’d made no secret of the fact that you’d really enjoyed your time there. Everyone knows that you’re a lifelong lifelong Derby fan and, a week before Plymouth’s biggest game of the season, you get asked about managing Derby, a team who still have a manager under contract and a play-off final to contest. Naturally, you dismiss the speculation and reiterate that you’re under contract at a club that you feel part of. As anyone would.

Fast forward two weeks and the Derby job is now available. Mel Morris asks you to come in and help the club at a difficult time. You still mean every word of what you said about your time at Plymouth, but you know that the opportunity to manage the club you love might never come again. Plymouth are in a better place than you found them in and the fans love you.

Surely you take the job? The sentiment about Plymouth remains, however, and you still retain a fondness for the club. I don’t see why people are painting Frank to be a traitor.

22 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Oh my god get a grip man. 

Mel's got this all in hand - for £4m I'd give Frank a piggy back to Chelsea and so would Mel. Don't get me wrong, I think it's totally the right move for Frank and I 100% wish him well. But let's face it - if Frank couldn't get us up with those 3 excellent loans, what's he gonna do next season? Frank's got more chance of winning a cup with Chelsea than he has of getting Derby promoted. There are unemployed managers knocking around who could make us top two challengers and I wouldn't be at all suprised if Mel Morris hasn't got one of them lined up already.

Seriously, with all due respect, and thanks for an awesome season, and absolute best wishes for the future... Frank, you big ram... piss off home to Chelsea and let us crack on x

Yes, tend to think that you are on the right lines. No way Lampard would say no to Chelsea. We can get £4m and a better manager so Mel's probably going to drive Lampard to stamford bridge himself to make sure he arrives safely. Be lucky if he lasts two seasons but like all Abramovic cast offs he will get a massive pay off. By that time DCFC under a decent manager could in PL facing Chelsea and their next 'soon to be ex manager'. 

I do of course realise that DCFC have got through a fair few managers in recent times, but not all the fault of the chairman, who I believe hoped his most recent appointments were long term. But there we go....

Something has to happen this week. We can't go into a situation where a manger comes back for pre season and leaves a week into it. I can see Chelsea making an approach and Frank leaving. This past month has been disgusting from the press. Every rag has posted an exclusive on absolute drivel. To be honest I'll be glad when the circus is out of town and we can concentrate on building a team. 

Archived