Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you do want baseless gossip then Metro was reporting that The Times was reporting that Chelsea don't want Frank's backroom boys as they're too inexperienced so would want him to dump on Jody and Chris but they'd let him bring Shay. They'd appoint their own preferred first team coaches for him. Sounds nonsense to me (and he would never agree to it) but there you go. 

Also, a reason the whole thing hasn't quite made it to snail's pace might be that Rafa's contract at Newcastle runs out next week and he becomes a free agent, allowing Chelsea to appoint him without compensation. Make of it what you will. 

8 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Imagine if you, MRisG, had just enjoyed an exciting debut season managing Plymouth Argyle. You’d really settled into the area and you’d made no secret of the fact that you’d really enjoyed your time there. Everyone knows that you’re a lifelong lifelong Derby fan and, a week before Plymouth’s biggest game of the season, you get asked about managing Derby, a team who still have a manager under contract and a play-off final to contest. Naturally, you dismiss the speculation and reiterate that you’re under contract at a club that you feel part of. As anyone would.

Fast forward two weeks and the Derby job is now available. Mel Morris asks you to come in and help the club at a difficult time. You still mean every word of what you said about your time at Plymouth, but you know that the opportunity to manage the club you love might never come again. Plymouth are in a better place than you found them in and the fans love you.

Surely you take the job? The sentiment about Plymouth remains, however, and you still retain a fondness for the club. I don’t see why people are painting Frank to be a traitor.

Imagine all of the above but with a couple of tweaks ie the Chelsea job is going to then does become available but there’s no contact from them but you are a very ambitious young manager with massive affection from the fans for your time as a player ,you are a media darling with great contacts and you stay very quiet in the background while your pr machine swings into overdrive whipping up a storm and whipping up the fans to a point where it’s very difficult for Chelsea not to offer you the job even though it’s totally outlandish for them to appoint a manager with one season behind him in the championship , every friend ,colleague and family member with ready made access to tv, radio , internet and print is engaged in pushing Chelsea to appoint you

total gut feeling speculation of what could be the truth but in fairness no more or less creditable speculation than you are offering?

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

If you do want baseless gossip then Metro was reporting that The Times was reporting that Chelsea don't want Frank's backroom boys as they're too inexperienced so would want him to dump on Jody and Chris but they'd let him bring Shay. They'd appoint their own preferred first team coaches for him. Sounds nonsense to me (and he would never agree to it) but there you go. 

Also, a reason the whole thing hasn't quite made it to snail's pace might be that Rafa's contract at Newcastle runs out next week and he becomes a free agent, allowing Chelsea to appoint him without compensation. Make of it what you will. 

Chelsea fans don't like Rafa much.....

10 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

This last 3 weeks has been an absolute nitemare. Lampard can go for me now. The lack of manners in all of this from Chelsea,Lampard and the media is shocking. I agree...get the circus out of town. 

What if Frank and his team report for work 1st July as required? I don't get the drama. If Derby have anything to say I'm sure they will. This demand for info is only here due to the curse of social media. 

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

The problem is that the media have let Chelsea fans dream of Lampard retuning. The drum has been beaten far too many times by Sky Sports, and the red tops. Appointing Petr Cech as technical advisor doesn't help the situation either. I can't see any other  possibility than Lampard going to Chelsea.

24 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Imagine if you, MRisG, had just enjoyed an exciting debut season managing Plymouth Argyle. You’d really settled into the area and you’d made no secret of the fact that you’d really enjoyed your time there. Everyone knows that you’re a lifelong lifelong Derby fan and, a week before Plymouth’s biggest game of the season, you get asked about managing Derby, a team who still have a manager under contract and a play-off final to contest. Naturally, you dismiss the speculation and reiterate that you’re under contract at a club that you feel part of. As anyone would.

Fast forward two weeks and the Derby job is now available. Mel Morris asks you to come in and help the club at a difficult time. You still mean every word of what you said about your time at Plymouth, but you know that the opportunity to manage the club you love might never come again. Plymouth are in a better place than you found them in and the fans love you.

Surely you take the job? The sentiment about Plymouth remains, however, and you still retain a fondness for the club. I don’t see why people are painting Frank to be a traitor.

We all get this, what most people are now thinking is get it over and done with so Plymouth can crack on with planning for their (soon to be starting) season, Derby can duck off ? 

28 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I don’t see why people are painting Frank to be a traitor.

He isn't a traitor. That being said, he's more than capable of texting Drogba, Ferdinand and those other gobshites and telling them to shut the duck up.

10 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

What if Frank and his team report for work 1st July as required? I don't get the drama. If Derby have anything to say I'm sure they will. This demand for info is only here due to the curse of social media. 

Exactly! Ten years ago we would be none the wiser, we are all to blame for feeding the bull shine ! 275 pages of pure bull shine !

I remember hearing a discussion on 5 live ages ago about Man Utd before they gave Solskjaer the job permanently. There were rumours about them appointing a new sporting director at the time. The agreement seemed to be that Utd needed experience in either the manager or the sporting director but both roles could not be filled with inexperience. 

The same could well be applied to Chelsea. Cech and Lampard plus all the backroom staff is a very inexperienced team. 

30 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Why would Alan Shearer be right for Chelsea manager? Got Newcastle relegated and do nothing since except TV work. 

42 minutes ago, Archied said:

Imagine all of the above but with a couple of tweaks ie the Chelsea job is going to then does become available but there’s no contact from them but you are a very ambitious young manager with massive affection from the fans for your time as a player ,you are a media darling with great contacts and you stay very quiet in the background while your pr machine swings into overdrive whipping up a storm and whipping up the fans to a point where it’s very difficult for Chelsea not to offer you the job even though it’s totally outlandish for them to appoint a manager with one season behind him in the championship , every friend ,colleague and family member with ready made access to tv, radio , internet and print is engaged in pushing Chelsea to appoint you

total gut feeling speculation of what could be the truth but in fairness no more or less creditable speculation than you are offering?

I think that's a bit more speculative than mine to be honest. However, I wouldn't rule your story out. If he is responsible for all of his family and friends saying those things then he can duck off out of our club. That being said, I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.

He should text them to shut up though; @Andicis and @reveldevil are right. Although, again, he might not be following the minutiae of the speculation whilst he's enjoying his holiday. The general headlines, yes, but Drogba's Instagram story? I'm not so sure.

24 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I was okay with it until Mel chimed in.

All Mel said was that no approach has been made from Chelsea to speak to Lampard.

Sometimes, I think that there are just four posters on here who aren't total head-the-balls.

At other times, I'm not so sure about the other three.

Archived