Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

More random ex pros trying to seem relevant by getting involved in something which is nothing to do with them. Is this the best we get in terms of ‘news’. Report on comments from people who actually matter in what’s at hand, not randomers trying to seem like genuiuses. FWIW I don’t buy this “it’s about time” ********... the best men get the best jobs. “People like Lampard” haven’t been the best men in the past, simple as, nothing “about time” about it. He’s not ready imo, not even close. Massive risk, lunacy from Chelsea, no question he should take it mind. Still won’t last a season if he does, Chelsea aren’t a patient lot, even if he is a club legend. Nowhere near good enough yet, he may well be one day, but he isn’t yet. He needs to learn his trade and he hasn’t yet, I’m sure he will because he’s that sort of bloke, but until he does this is all far too early for him. He’ll be ready one day, but he can’t be sure the job will be available then so he has to take it now.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, eddie said:

All Mel said was that no approach has been made from Chelsea to speak to Lampard.

Sometimes, I think that there are just four posters on here who aren't total head-the-balls.

At other times, I'm not so sure about the other three.

chris geere no GIF by You're The Worst

26 minutes ago, eddie said:

All Mel said was that no approach has been made from Chelsea to speak to Lampard.

Sometimes, I think that there are just four posters on here who aren't total head-the-balls.

At other times, I'm not so sure about the other three.

God, I hope I made the cut... 

ncaa football please GIF by ESPN College Football

Just heard that Darren Moore could be a distinct possibility. Was told he was a shoe in. 

Don't know how true it is. Don't vilify me if not. Just passing on a rumour I've heard.

I for one hope it isn't true. Would be a bit uninspiring as there are better managers out there.

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Just heard that Darren Moore could be a distinct possibility. Was told he was a shoe in. 

Don't know how true it is. Don't vilify me if not. Just passing on a rumour I've heard.

I for one hope it isn't true. Would be a bit uninspiring as there are better managers out there.

I personally wouldn't be best pleased about it, but I could see it happening. He wouldn't be my choice, but he'd be easy to back as he's one of the nicest guys in the game. He didn't do a great job with WBA, but it wasn't awful. 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I personally wouldn't be best pleased about it, but I could see it happening. He wouldn't be my choice, but he'd be easy to back as he's one of the nicest guys in the game. He didn't do a great job with WBA, but it wasn't awful. 

I'm the same mate. I wouldn't be annoyed or angry with it. But I'd just be s bit meh. Would much rather Chris Hughton.

48 hours would be exceptionally quick given there hasn’t STILL hasn’t been an official approach yet. Talks would surely take longer than that, I don’t buy it. If Derby announced yesterday that they’d received an approach then maybe, but they haven’t so I can’t see it being that quick to progress and get the contract signed. We’ll see but I’m unsure of these “sources”. Would be good to have things wrapped in the next couple of days mind, we still need a new man in by Monday.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Chelsea fans don't like Rafa much.....

I really don 't think that will matter to Abramovich and wouldn't to the fans if they did well (which they almost certainly would).

1 hour ago, deanoakaram4life said:

The problem is that the media have let Chelsea fans dream of Lampard retuning. The drum has been beaten far too many times by Sky Sports, and the red tops. Appointing Petr Cech as technical advisor doesn't help the situation either. I can't see any other  possibility than Lampard going to Chelsea.

As we see by this thread, people are easily triggered and manipulated. For many weeks ALL the Chelsea fans were saying "we absolutely do not want Lampard yet - it's way too early - let him learn his trade at Derby". If someone else comes in there might be a week of disappointment and then they'll forget and move on. I give you the modern human, blown by the frenzied winds of social media and desperation to achieve ever more clicks.

31 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Has he left Newcastle?

Contract runs out on Sunday (30th). One-year extension offered. No real indication of talks let alone likelihood of signing it. Ashley is hoping to sell (as ever) and doesn't want to jeopardize that by offering a big long contract to Rafa should new owners want their own man. Of course Rafa is rumoured to have offers. If I were Abramovich I'd think his managerial CV looks a tad more impressive than Lampard's.

I heard thats it will go through on the first of july so it goes to football fair play next year, not sure how true it is, or after i got told that i seer we go back training on the 2st so dont know, if they are quessing any how its needs sorting asap so we can move on and sort our team for next year 

23 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Lovely bloke, and I'll support him completely if he gets the job, but he certainly wouldn't be my choice, he under performed big time at WBA.

Archived