Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

The length of time it is taking to get to a confirmed point that he either is or isn't going is now getting a farce.

Don't give me the rubbish such as the comments that came out after the Play-Off final where we are 'his' club with a contract. Any potential new player will want to know if FL is staying as manager and to be quite Frank (pun intended), as it stands today, this commitment has not and cannot be given.

I don't know where to believe if an approach has been made. I think a lot of twisted stories are given in the media. I would assume that not only an approach but a commitment on compensation would need to be agreed before a conversation is had but I am also 100% confident there will have been conversations through various agents and so on that will have taken place already and will continue to do so.

For me, I don't care what anyone says, this is already derailing our preparations for the season - potential transfers will be missed out on and if/when he goes, any incoming manager will have less time to prepare.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

1991? I’m guessing that should say 97. To be fair Chelsea’s rise started before Ambramovich in the 90s, he just took them to the next level.

No, 1991 was correct. The Jody Morris comment was inaccurate though, he started a few years later.

1 hour ago, Gisby said:

Yes IMO it is time. The sad thing is if Frank let’s this drag on much longer without saying something he will end up souring his relationship with a good proportion of the DCFC fan base whether he goes or stays which will be a great shame given we all had such a blast last season riding the FLDCFC train. Appreciate much of this hype & speculation is not of his doing & his PR team will be advising him how to handle matters but there comes a time when as an individual you have to say ‘enough’ and take control of a situation yourself. 

What do you want him to do? He will want to go to Chelsea if offered it, of course he will. 

But he can't say or do anything publicly until Chelsea make their move publicly. 

Same with Derby. Nothing can be done until Chelsea make their move, one way or another.

We're all I'm afraid in Chelsea's hands here, however much we don't want to be. 

I just hope plenty of work is going on behind the scenes on a Plan B, as I'm sure there will be. I very much presume Morris and Lampard have had the "if Chelsea come knocking conversation" so we all know where we are. That would be a mature and sensible position for both parties to take.

That's why I was pleased to be seeing stories about Gerrard knocking around. I hope Derby have made some quiet calls sounding out potential replacements. I wonder also if that forced Charlton's hand into a sudden u-turn.

Last thing we want is in 2 or 3 weeks' time for Lampard to go and we're at a standing start.

The only strange thing now is the absolute silence from Chelsea.  Sarri went 3 days ago and his departure was in the pipeline for days (if not weeks).  I can’t believe they haven’t got a shortlist of replacements ready to move for at the drop of a hat.  

Now I’m not naive enough to think that there really would have to be a ‘formal approach’ for Frank’s representatives to be talking to Chelsea’s, but if they are then why all the cloak and dagger?   It suggests to me that Frank isn’t their No 1 target, but if he isn’t then who is, because there doesn’t seem to be much coming out other than Frank being nailed on.  If this is the case, then can’t see why it isn’t out in the open.  Where’s the harm (particularly as Frank is unlikely to turn them down anyway and I can’t see compensation being a stumbling block).  All seems a bit odd.

Possibly according to well connected Nicole;

Chelsea have reportedly agreed a deal to appoint club legend Frank Lampard...

Well-connected Gazzetta dello Sport journalist Nicolo Schira claims he’s had this new confirmed to him, with Lampard to sign a three-year contract to take over at Stamford Bridge.

I mean how can you refute such ground breaking evidence based journalism.....thanks Twitter.

b902fc4ba238fc4f8f44bb07a5db8c8a.gif

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

The length of time it is taking to get to a confirmed point that he either is or isn't going is now getting a farce.

Don't give me the rubbish such as the comments that came out after the Play-Off final where we are 'his' club with a contract. Any potential new player will want to know if FL is staying as manager and to be quite Frank (pun intended), as it stands today, this commitment has not and cannot be given.

I don't know where to believe if an approach has been made. I think a lot of twisted stories are given in the media. I would assume that not only an approach but a commitment on compensation would need to be agreed before a conversation is had but I am also 100% confident there will have been conversations through various agents and so on that will have taken place already and will continue to do so.

For me, I don't care what anyone says, this is already derailing our preparations for the season - potential transfers will be missed out on and if/when he goes, any incoming manager will have less time to prepare.

I'd wager something tomorrow coinciding with FL's birthday.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Sarri has been gone 3 days, how quickly were you expecting them to announce their next manager? 

Murdoch has had a chat with his mate Abromovich....... "can we string this out as long as possible please Roman, my papers aren't selling so well and the AdClicks are really helping..... Plus Jerry is needing quite a bit more work this year and it don't come cheap, so i need the extra funds".

If he wants to go and Chelsea are serious about hiring him , If I was Mel  I would make it clear that you have another week to 10 days to appoint him or you can duck off and then block any move after the date arranged. If he is going to go hopefully he goes  as quickly as possible so we can get a replacement and have enough time to sign players and get them settled in before the start of the season .

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

Sarri has been gone 3 days, how quickly were you expecting them to announce their next manager? 

They would have known he was going for atleast a week before him officially leaving,  I would expect news by the end of this week or it will start to become abit of a joke.

7 minutes ago, rynny said:

Just to play devil's advocate;

Firstly, they've known he's been leaving for a long time so they'd have been perfectly within their right to begin the process before he left.

Secondly, the all knowing Sky journalists told us that they were going to have a successor in place before officially letting Sarri go. ? 

But back to the people complaining about the time it's taking, I don't think we have to wait until they appoint someone necessarily, I don't think Lampard would sign an extension with us if they're interested so if that news comes out of Derby, I think we can mostly put this to rest until Chelsea's next vacancy.

If we do end up getting a new manager in he will surely then have to assess the current squad meaning more time being lost whilst freebies and bargains possibly get snapped up by others...this is what worries me about a new appointment .....I still don’t see how Thomas and Delap were let go if Franks thinking of leaving .....Mel maybe as much in the dark as we all are and is hoping Chelsea don’t make an approach...hence his statement yesterday .........just a thought 

Archived