Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not buying Frank and/or Chelsea waiting for his Birthday to tie that in with the announcement. 

I'm surprised nothing has happened yet, and by nothing I mean permission to speak. To echo others, the longer this goes on the more likely it feels that he's staying put. Wishful thinking perhaps

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Absolute nonsense. Why on earth does he need to say anything? He has a job, he's already said he wants to keep that job, he hasn't been officially approached by the supposed interested hiring club. In HIS world, where he's probably enjoying a family holiday, this is not even on his radar. 

Which island you on?

Kimolos .. 

1 hour ago, ThePrisoner said:

If Chelsea wanted Frank they would have identified him way before Sarri finally left. There is just no common sense behind Chelsea waiting to appoint him at this stage. They're dragging their heels for Rafa I think.

How about Rafa as manager with Frank as his understudy for 2 or 3 seasons making sure Frank has that extra experience before taking the reigns...just a thought

41 minutes ago, Curtains said:

"conclude" negotiations suggest that the negotiations have been happening.

According to BBC Derby Sport, this is not the case.

basketball wives what GIF by VH1

2 hours ago, rynny said:

Sarri has been gone 3 days, how quickly were you expecting them to announce their next manager? 

I think we all know in reality there will have been a lot more going on behind the scene's we are not party to...

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

I think we all know in reality there will have been a lot more going on behind the scene's we are not party to...

So we all know what we don't know - only what we think we know? Isn't that just opinion rather than fact?

33 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

"conclude" negotiations suggest that the negotiations have been happening.

According to BBC Derby Sport, this is not the case.

basketball wives what GIF by VH1

Indeed but they are getting their info from separate sources. 

DCFC are briefing the Derby media that nothing is happening, whereas Standard will be getting info from Chelsea-related sources. So it's no surprise they are different. From a London-based hack I know well, people around Chelsea are briefing that they are confident it will happen.

Who is actually right in all this, goodness knows!

Archived