Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

6 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

iThink there’s some growing up to do when all we do is abuse journos all day..... 

Just my two penneth. Get a grip folks.

The reaction is akin to how small time we actually look, felt like that at Wembley as well. Felt like a non league/L2 club punching well above our weight in how we react currently.

Think we aren’t a big catch anymore. We are where we are. Fans reacting to journos giving them grief constantly.... and you wonder why they block and clear off. 

Read the #dcfc TL on Twitter, it’s absolutely abysmal, you can’t have a rational debate at the minute. There’s folk wanting statements from Derby, Lampard and Chelsea..... particularly Lamps, wanting him to come out and say something. 

What do you want him to say? You’re giving journos rubbish and saying all what they are writing etc is “fake” or “garbage”..... but on the other hand you want club and Lamps to make a statement, even though nothing has been official.... what do you want to believe? The press who say are stirring!

Derby County fans..... get a grip and grow the F UP.....

Honestly can’t believe I’m being serious for a change here and feel like I’m the voice of reason. Makes a change

Kind Regards

No They take themselves too seriously, like most journos they are self appointed guardians of what they see as right and their hit rate for that is abysmal.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, WHAT DO I GET said:

No They take themselves too seriously, like most journos they are self appointed guardians of what they see as right and their hit rate for that is abysmal.

Agreed, for the journos its all about website traffic and ad-revenue... at the moment the Lampard-Chelsea saga is low-hanging fruit for them to sensationalise upon and boost their adsense revenue.

6 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Sorry,  we are a decent club in our own right.  Yes there's a bit of banter going the way of journalists .  That is being brought on themselves by acting like school yard bullies .  Just heard Cundy on Talksport  banging on about the job Lampard and Morris will do when, not if . the move is confirmed .  I think we would appear much more small time if our fanbase rolled over and had or bellies tickled .  Regarding the bold - I think it is time.  All opinions ,

Yes IMO it is time. The sad thing is if Frank let’s this drag on much longer without saying something he will end up souring his relationship with a good proportion of the DCFC fan base whether he goes or stays which will be a great shame given we all had such a blast last season riding the FLDCFC train. Appreciate much of this hype & speculation is not of his doing & his PR team will be advising him how to handle matters but there comes a time when as an individual you have to say ‘enough’ and take control of a situation yourself. 

7 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Think there’s some growing up to do when all we do is abuse journos all day..... 

Just my two penneth. Get a grip folks.

The reaction is akin to how small time we actually look, felt like that at Wembley as well. Felt like a non league/L2 club punching well above our weight in how we react currently.

Think we aren’t a big catch anymore. We are where we are. Fans reacting to journos giving them grief constantly.... and you wonder why they block and clear off. 

Read the #dcfc TL on Twitter, it’s absolutely abysmal, you can’t have a rational debate at the minute. There’s folk wanting statements from Derby, Lampard and Chelsea..... particularly Lamps, wanting him to come out and say something. 

What do you want him to say? You’re giving journos rubbish and saying all what they are writing etc is “fake” or “garbage”..... but on the other hand you want club and Lamps to make a statement, even though nothing has been official.... what do you want to believe? The press who say are stirring!

Derby County fans..... get a grip and grow the F UP.....

Honestly can’t believe I’m being serious for a change here and feel like I’m the voice of reason. Makes a change

Kind Regards

I don’t think Andy that much has changed with people over the years, going back as far as you want.  Social Media has just made it more easy for the people to express their opinions, vent their frustrations, and generally be anti-social.  Here is my sister back in the 1980s using a prototype Twitter platform.

tv show news GIF by CBBC

And blooming amazing on my Greek Island.( not my personal island, obviously ) 

30 degrees, calm turquoise sea, white sand, nymphs frolicking in scanty beach wear, ice cold beer beckons but it’s a bit early so about a hour or so basking and reading first ??

I must say, I don’t understand the thinking of those who want Frank to make a statement and say what they want to hear. 

He’s said previously he wants to stay, he has 2 years left etc. Like Uncle Mel said the only difference is Chelsea don’t have a manager anymore. 

The papers and journos are going to tweet out rumours and gossip because it provides traffic.

It would be unwise for Frank to speak out about another club, much less one we know he will join if given the chance. Right now his contract is with us, it will remain with us until Chelsea or someone else off him a new one. 

If you want him to come out and say he loves this club, he wants to get us promoted regardless of who offers him a job, you’re going to be very disappointed. 

Even if he does say something, it won’t stop the journos or twitter putting two and two together and getting seven. 

COYR

People forget how long before the Roman era Chelsea were not a glamorous club. Around the time I worked in Chelsea in the early 70s, the place was fashionable, yes... but the football club wasn’t. Their ground was a dump, and their crowds were low. 

Frank Sinclair’s first game, in 1991, and Jody Morris was in the team.. attendance 12,603. 

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2008/feb/16/huddersfield

3 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Am I reading too much into this Instagram like from an hour ago?  If so not the classiest or most subtle way of telling fans?  Really hope just drunken click on like

Rgopv5NR.jpg

From what I've seen Frank and Jody have liked most Chelsea related content on Instagram from players posts to CFC's official accounts posts.

JM has also had Instagram story's showing that he was watching the Chelsea game and that he was supporting them, mostly videos.

Both love the club, i wouldn't read much into it.

7 minutes ago, Rambam said:

People forget how long before the Roman era Chelsea were not a glamorous club. Around the time I worked in Chelsea in the early 70s, the place was fashionable, yes... but the football club wasn’t. Their ground was a dump, and their crowds were low. 

Frank Sinclair’s first game, in 1991, and Jody Morris was in the team.. attendance 12,603. 

Until Roman turned up we had been champions of England more times than Chelsea.

9 minutes ago, Rambam said:

1991? I’m guessing that should say 97. To be fair Chelsea’s rise started before Ambramovich in the 90s, he just took them to the next level.

Archived