The Future and Mel Morris

Shaftesbury st

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Criticise players, criticise performances, criticise the coaching team game by game but please please please can we stop with the big picture criticisms form the minority who are doing it.

We're 7th, its not a disaster. We have an owner who has ploughed in a ridiculous amount (and will probably never get it back when he sells and I'm sure if we ever go up he won't do a Blackpool), we have a great ground, great training facility and a great manager who is learning.

I’ve heard the Oystens are looking for a new club, maybe even catch ourselves a SISU who wanted to buy us in the past.

Anyone who is willing to plough as much money into the club as regulatory possible should not be questioned, in my opinion, especially a local boyhood supporter. It goes without saying. 

Mel was probably desperate to pump money in during January and sign players in positions we needed, he simply couldn’t. The summer may, or may not, provide more movement with the outgoings. 

5 hours ago, Shaftesbury st said:

After another dreadful February and the usual collapse I personally put a lot of this down to a little over achieving with no ability to tweak and readjust in January market.

My question where do we go in the future in terms of our ownership, MM has bank rolled us in the past but seems unwilling now to give the same level of support. Personally I feel maybe he has lost some interest and it is time for someone to take us to the next level with greater financial support, this league is tough and just keeps getting tougher with the financial clout of some teams.

Personally I feel he has lost some serious capital - not sure the interest will worry him too much.

4 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Blimey. Last weeks “Will Mel sell?” thread has only just dropped off the front page. Glad we’ve got another one to speculate endlessly about investment, FFP and what underwear Mel wears. 

I see him as a M&S briefs man myself.

And crotch-less panties every other Saturday night the dirty old devil ?

8 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I see him as a M&S briefs man myself.

And crotch-less panties every other Saturday night the dirty old devil ?

I reckon he's more a commando type myself.

Probably has been ever since Sam Rush had his pants down.

6 hours ago, Shaftesbury st said:

After another dreadful February and the usual collapse I personally put a lot of this down to a little over achieving with no ability to tweak and readjust in January market.

My question where do we go in the future in terms of our ownership, MM has bank rolled us in the past but seems unwilling now to give the same level of support...

I stopped reading at this point, and haven't seen any replies either, so apologies for my ignorance...

Is that last sentence even a fact?  "Unwilling"?  Who?  What?  Where?

Are there not rules and regulations in place, limiting spending, spread out over set periods?  Is it not called "PFFT" or something?  

Probably should have read the whole thread first... but I just couldn't motivate myself!

This thread got me thinking, dangerous I know.

Firstly, what is the difference between a WUM that does it intentionally and someone who creates a post that will receive the same derision however was maybe created with the best intentions. Shouldn’t the forum come with at least some sort of restriction, where if you create a thread or two that are completely factually wrong that’s your entitlement gone. Or a bit like HOTUKDEALS (a friend told me about the site) where it can be either voted hot or cold.

Secondly, we have gone downhill since the disappearance of Bris, he used to post stuff and you could guarantee the opposite would happen, Marriott is a dud, hundreds of players like Will Hughes were some of his classic Sunday sport headlines. Whilst the bloke knew very little about football, he was entertaining and I think he could get our season back on track ?

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Wash your hands after taking a leak? Not a concept that we're familiar with in Tamworth. It'll never catch on.

I never wash my hands after my half time pee, I'd rather take my chances with the germs on my rooster than the germs on those public taps!!

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

I stopped reading at this point, and haven't seen any replies either, so apologies for my ignorance...

Is that last sentence even a fact?  "Unwilling"?  Who?  What?  Where?

Are there not rules and regulations in place, limiting spending, spread out over set periods?  Is it not called "PFFT" or something?  

Probably should have read the whole thread first... but I just couldn't motivate myself!

It is if you're QPR

8 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Sometimes I long for the days when you went to the match, had to rush home and catch on TV or it was gone and you queued up for the Green Un for info on your beloved Derby .

Now we get drivel like this, social media eh!

Is your name Victor Meldrew? ?

Archived