The Future and Mel Morris

Shaftesbury st

After another dreadful February and the usual collapse I personally put a lot of this down to a little over achieving with no ability to tweak and readjust in January market.

My question where do we go in the future in terms of our ownership, MM has bank rolled us in the past but seems unwilling now to give the same level of support. Personally I feel maybe he has lost some interest and it is time for someone to take us to the next level with greater financial support, this league is tough and just keeps getting tougher with the financial clout of some teams.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

After another dreadful February and the usual collapse I personally put a lot of this down to a little over achieving with no ability to tweak and readjust in January market.

My question where do we go in the future in terms of our ownership, MM has bank rolled us in the past but seems unwilling now to give the same level of support. Personally I feel maybe he has lost some interest and it is time for someone to take us to the next level with greater financial support, this league is tough and just keeps getting tougher with the financial clout of some teams.

Eh?.

He's putting in as much as he can due to FFP.

11 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

what are you talking about?

He couldn't bank roll s at the moment even if he wanted to.

Our FFP position is such that we have little room for maneuver until next summer unless we sell. Sadly it is a consequence of him having given mangers money to spend which they did, mostly unwisely. There will be money to spend when we are clear of the biggest hits after the summer but he would be wise to not over spend again just to repeat the same challenge.

Not all teams being successful at the moment have spent massive amounts, yes it helps, but there are many teams you could look at which have spent a lot and are not near competing at  the top, but have worries about FFP and financial ruin if not careful.

47 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

If you haven't already done so, watch Sunderland til I Die on Netflix.

Then come back on here and praise Mel Morris for giving us stability and top 10 finishes every season he has been here.

1 hour ago, Shaftesbury st said:

It's FFP restricting our spending you clown. Mel's said in various interviews he takes FFP very seriously . 

1 hour ago, King Kevin said:

Sometimes I long for the days when you went to the match, had to rush home and catch on TV or it was gone and you queued up for the Green Un for info on your beloved Derby .

Now we get drivel like this, social media eh!

Agree King Kev. Now the transfer window has passed which were the 2 guaranteed loans you talked of??

21 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Because we need more hand dryers in the toilets. 

Damn straight, however why do people feel the need to spend the whole of HT drying their hands underneath one ? Have a piss, wash hands, 2 seconds under dryer and shake your hands as you go back to your seat or drink your beer, I mean come on, there are 30 people behind you.

27 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Damn straight, however why do people feel the need to spend the whole of HT drying their hands underneath one ? Have a piss, wash hands, 2 seconds under dryer and shake your hands as you go back to your seat or drink your beer, I mean come on, there are 30 people behind you.

Wash your hands after taking a leak? Not a concept that we're familiar with in Tamworth. It'll never catch on.

3 hours ago, Shaftesbury st said:

Nice one Mel, so obvious that this is you posting, just so you can smugly read all the obvious comebacks to this crazy post. Seriously dude, stop wasting your time on things like this and concentrate preventing goals from corners!

Archived