Villa v Derby

North East Ram

Our midfield is losing us games at the moment.

Not defensive enough to cut out the threat and remove pressure from defence and not creative enough to provide anything to our attackers. 

The teams we’ve played recently have looked heaps and bounds above anything we have in the centre and none have been world beaters.

Johnson has his critics, but today’s game was crying out for a battler against Whelan and he wasn’t considered, which worries me 

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Understand why folks are anxious and fed up but we've seen time and time again that given time to get the right personnel and ingrain a style of play, teams can improve dramatically in the second or third season. Brighton, Fulham and Norwich seem good examples of clubs who showed patience and one reaped the benefits, the other seems likely to do so. Clubs like Wolves were able to buy and loan top class players through the Mendes connection and one would hope Frank will be wiser next year. He's made some costly errors but it'd be miraculous had he not.

Summer clear out and a few of the youngsters pushing for starts, next season could be very different. It'll need to be as Frank won't be afforded too much time if things don't appear to have improved a lot after 10 or 15 games next season.

If he's not the right man now then why would we entrust him with the summer transfer kitty 

nearly back in derby , that has been coming for awhile , i think injuries and certain players playing more games than they are used too , therefore we are managing fitness and fatigue at the moment as well,  is killing us, totally ran ragged today , holmes and bird get some credit , they tried hard , felt sorry for keogh and tomori , one way traffic and they were left exposed a lot of the time , seen a few posts on here and also listened to some of the awful abuse in the away end today towards the team and management  , this makes me more sad than the result , Derby County is a big job and we are not going to become world beaters overnight , more experienced managers than Frank have tried and failed at this football club , we have to stick by Lampard , im sure he will get things right , get behind the lads in the run of home games coming up , we are not out of it yet , COYR

5 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Understand why folks are anxious and fed up but we've seen time and time again that given time to get the right personnel and ingrain a style of play, teams can improve dramatically in the second or third season. Brighton, Fulham and Norwich seem good examples of clubs who showed patience and one reaped the benefits, the other seems likely to do so. Clubs like Wolves were able to buy and loan top class players through the Mendes connection and one would hope Frank will be wiser next year. He's made some costly errors but it'd be miraculous had he not.

Summer clear out and a few of the youngsters pushing for starts, next season could be very different. It'll need to be as Frank won't be afforded too much time if things don't appear to have improved a lot after 10 or 15 games next season

I hope your right, but even in the building seasons before going up/finishing well like we've seen from Huddersfield, Norwich and Brighton recently, you could see what they were aiming for.

You couldn't cast the same neutral eye over Derby recently and pick up on a future direction that looks promising.

Just now, coneheadjohn said:

My video won’t work,keeps saying error with a still of Frank looking gutted.

You're the lucky one then. After watching it Lampard hasn't offerered me any semblance of confidence that the game against Wigan will be any different.

7 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Didn’t know about the off the pitch stuff, that’s nice to know. I don’t care if he’s a diving, arrogant bar steward on the pitch, he’s still a very classy player that makes Villa tick. We’d adore him if he was one of our own.

Oi, shut it. Conehead is my forum dad and @angieram is my mum. I’ve met the former at Wednesday away and he’s a top bloke. Don’t question it. 

I think that I saw you again today at the match. Were you stood behind Kellan Gordon, Alex Babos et al?  

31 minutes ago, Turnstile said:

Sam Rush has shafted us completely.We have a team we can afford and it's not good enough for the top six.

Oh come on please.

What part has Rush played in turning a team that looked hungry, and played brilliant football when thrashing West Brom on their own patch in October, to a team that looks like it is running through treacle and can't string 2 forward passes together in February? 

Forget where you think where we should or shouldn't finish in the league, our squad is capable of much better performances than we are serving up.

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Any guess as to why not? I have no clue. In the summer it was Frank's cachet that was attracting players. Now they don't play for him? Bizarre......?

Maybe they’re confused and sick of the rotation without reason. At one point, I’m sure the mantra was if you’ve got the shirt and you do ok, you keep it. That seems to have chsnged recently for some unknown reasons. 

57 minutes ago, twinkletoes said:

some one please tell me why i should be satisfied with that today ? come on there must be one person here who still thinks today was exceptable in some way !

I am sure you are satisfied.  You are only ever on here after we have lost.  Lap it up buddy, and see you around soon when we next lose.

Am sure Mel Morris will be very closely monitoring the performances over the next 4 home games to decide whether Lampard is the person to entrust with the summer transfer kitty or he starts sounding out other managers such as Wagner or Jokanovic

Archived