Villa v Derby

North East Ram

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Just listened too a interview with Ray Houghton it was about Fulham but what he said applies here.

He said he had played in teams that are struggling for form and the only way out of it is to keep working hard in training.You then need a bit of luck a deflection or a own goal and suddenly the confidence comes back and you start finding your passes and you make the runs again.

Went onto say you feel sorry for managers because on the training ground  everything looks great then suddenly on match day you cannot transfer it onto pitch.The manager tries everything different players tactics, training methods all look good but it just does not happen.

If you have good players eventually you get the break and then you are flying and you realise you are doing nothing different to when you were struggling.

The worrying thing is though we are not even getting into positions to get a deflection or bit of luck.

1 minute ago, lukedcfc said:

I think Villa took pity on us second half and saved some energy.

Its a bit like when Germany battered Brazil in the World cup. Their manager told them to go easy on them in the second half and they still scored another 2.

From the highlights it looked like Villa still had 3 or 4 chances they should have buried in the second half.

1 hour ago, David said:

That guy who asks the questions (He's been doing it for a couple of years) always prompts the answer he wants. 

He's always done me fecking head in.

"...didn't do the basics and that's something you'd say we've been doing all season is the basics?"

What? 

1) Let Frank answer for himself. 

2) We concede early goals and we concede a lot from crosses. What's the first thing you do in a game? You make a pass. You pick your man up. You have full concentration and no fatigue. As a full back you first push them inside where a man should be there in support. If they try to run you then you have the head start and you carry them to the byline. 

Do early goals from crosses sound like we do the fecking basics well? 

3) Let Lampard answer

4) STFU and let Lampard answer. 

We can't keep chopping managers hoping for a change. Not when the new year collapse seems inevitable. 

A big issue has been too many of the senior players not playing well enough. If we are scrapping all those out of contract in the summer then if it isn't promotion or bust then why play them?

We need a bit of luck, or someone to produce some magic. More experienced managers at Derby have suffered this blip, which tells me local media and fans also have a part to play in this. Rowett pretty much admitted as much. 

12 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

More experienced managers at Derby have suffered this blip, which tells me local media and fans also have a part to play in this. Rowett pretty much admitted as much. 

Easier than blaming yourself init! ?

15 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

We can't keep chopping managers hoping for a change. Not when the new year collapse seems inevitable. 

A big issue has been too many of the senior players not playing well enough. If we are scrapping all those out of contract in the summer then if it isn't promotion or bust then why play them?

We need a bit of luck, or someone to produce some magic. More experienced managers at Derby have suffered this blip, which tells me local media and fans also have a part to play in this. Rowett pretty much admitted as much. 

Did the local Stoke press and football fans also play a negative part in how Rowett performed as a manager as well.

It's amazing how misfortune seems to follow certain managers around. 

7 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

Agree completely.

I want Frank to stay on.

Can't help being furious though. Partly at him and his staff that they haven't appeared to work on issues that needed resolving and there's no real team work in the way we play up the pitch. That lies with them imo. Happy for them to have the summer to reflect on it. 

Partly furious at some of our lazy, arrogant and selfish players. They graft. I don't think they're lazy when it comes to graft. I don't think they don't care either. It's not their attitude as such it's the way they play football. They all seem so focused on doing it alone that none of them have really began to work for each other. I'm sure Harry Wilson would dribble the ball from here to Glasgow for Derby. But he wouldn't think of getting help doing it. And that's one of our best players this season.

Take Bryson. Bryson would do whatever he can for Derby. I have no doubt. He does his best to win possession and not lose it. However he kind of has the attitude where if he does nothing wrong then if something bad happens it can't be him. Well, it can. Because like many other players you haven't done the best thing for the team. You've done it for yourself.

It's not just these two. These are two examples. Hearts in the right places but not their heads. Sometimes it's the laziest decision in the world to put your head down and dribble 20 yards. It's auto pilot. 

Just not smart enough. 

Aaaaaand I'm missing Hughes again. The master of this selfless play. 

20 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

I don't think it is a case of picking individuals out for criticism. Collectively we just haven't been good enough since Christmas.....senior players, younger players, the lot....

10 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Did the local Stoke press and football fans also play a negative part in how Rowett performed as a manager as well.

It's amazing how misfortune seems to follow certain managers around. 

Rowett never got going at Stoke. Never had Stoke in 2nd. There was no collapse just poor from the start.

I have never left the ground after 70 mins supporting the rams in nearly 40 years but I did today and I really don’t know the answer as I don’t know were to start or where  the next goal is coming from as the last 6 games give me nightmares.The midfield  balance is wrong but it’s not just that we don’t have a strong spine in the team and look miles away from promotion performance wise.

2 hours ago, Premier ram said:

listened to some of the awful abuse in the away end today towards the team and management  , this makes me more sad than the result , 

This is what makes me puke, and is the reason i no longer want to go to away games. The Derby fans are crap.

Just got back from the game and all I have to say is that was the most disgraceful performance I have ever seen( I started going to games from 08/09 onwards)  and I hope Lampard really lays into them and  finds away to make major changes to our pitiful midfield and overall lack of cohesion and organisation.

16 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

I have never left the ground after 70 mins supporting the rams in nearly 40 years but I did today and I really don’t know the answer as I don’t know were to start or where  the next goal is coming from as the last 6 games give me nightmares.The midfield  balance is wrong but it’s not just that we don’t have a strong spine in the team and look miles away from promotion performance wise.

Yep, sums up how I am feeling....

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

This is what makes me puke, and is the reason i no longer want to go to away games. The Derby fans are crap.

Any fans would be angry after watching that pure balls, I wasn't one of the ones hurling abuse as the players came over at the end, but I saw a few fans screaming with rage and looking like they were about burst a blood vessel, they have every right to complain IMO and the players should be able to take criticism if they have an ounce of character and resilience.

9 minutes ago, RamNut said:

SOME Derby are crap (please tar us all with the same brush) and, change it to some football fans are crap. We're not unique or special. I'm sure, sadly, you'd hear similar from the fans from all clubs. 

Archived