Villa v Derby

North East Ram

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

What’s the difference between an excuse and a reason?

Whenever I try to give a reason for anything I just get told to stop making excuses?

That wasn't lost on me either. A reason is that's the way it is so you have to accept it an excuse is a non valid reason 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Oh come on please.

What part has Rush played in turning a team that looked hungry, and played brilliant football when thrashing West Brom on their own patch in October, to a team that looks like it is running through treacle and can't string 2 forward passes together in February? 

Forget where you think where we should or shouldn't finish in the league, our squad is capable of much better performances than we are serving up.

We could not afford to strengthen the squad in January.Rush signed players on wonderful contracts,with add on's for there parent clubs.We are paying most of thorne's ,butterfield's,pierce's wages.all of anyas and there not available to Lampard.Go to the upcoming forum and ask Mel Morris if he thinks Sam rush has "destroyed " derby county.He may be honest with you,he has been with others.

6 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Am sure Mel Morris will be very closely monitoring the performances over the next 4 home games to decide whether Lampard is the person to entrust with the summer transfer kitty or he starts sounding out other managers such as Wagner or Jokanovic

Would they come? There's still time for an experienced manager to do a bit of Mac1. 

7 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Am sure Mel Morris will be very closely monitoring the performances over the next 4 home games to decide whether Lampard is the person to entrust with the summer transfer kitty or he starts sounding out other managers such as Wagner or Jokanovic

Will there be a summer transfer kitty? Can he afford to sack Lampard?

13 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Transfer kitty?

I have a picture from Mel’s kitchen taken tonight of him,Frank and Jodie trying to generate funds for next seasons promotion push.

zOa6vyP.png

39 minutes ago, Turnstile said:

We could not afford to strengthen the squad in January.Rush signed players on wonderful contracts,with add on's for there parent clubs.We are paying most of thorne's ,butterfield's,pierce's wages.all of anyas and there not available to Lampard.Go to the upcoming forum and ask Mel Morris if he thinks Sam rush has "destroyed " derby county.He may be honest with you,he has been with others.

We brought in a left back in January, I doubt he comes cheap on wages. It's also worth pointing out that left back is a position we had also attempted to strengthen with £3m signing in the summers, he came from a Premier League team so doubt he is on small wages either.

I have no intention asking Mel Morris who he thinks has 'destroyed' the club. If he thinks it is Rush that is his opinion but was he not appointed by Morris in the first place? Also if Rush has been allowed to 'destroy' the club single handedly without any checks on his performance then maybe MM should be questioning whether the breach of fiduciary duty was by Rush or himself.

It would also be interesting to see how much the 4 manager sackings under his tenure have contributed to our FFP problems.

FWIW I don't have a problem with MM and appreciate all he has done for the club.

3 hours ago, Davide said:

The last manager I wanted to go was Pearson but I think maybe this current manager and half the players should be leaving ASAP. We have had 2 or 3 shots in 3 or 4 matches. This isn’t normal. We have scored fewer goals in 2019 than anyone else I think. 

you were right about Pearson but hold back on Frank lets see how the team fairs when the likes of Mount-LawrencBryson are back

Just listened too a interview with Ray Houghton it was about Fulham but what he said applies here.

He said he had played in teams that are struggling for form and the only way out of it is to keep working hard in training.You then need a bit of luck a deflection or a own goal and suddenly the confidence comes back and you start finding your passes and you make the runs again.

Went onto say you feel sorry for managers because on the training ground  everything looks great then suddenly on match day you cannot transfer it onto pitch.The manager tries everything different players tactics, training methods all look good but it just does not happen.

If you have good players eventually you get the break and then you are flying and you realise you are doing nothing different to when you were struggling.

Archived