Villa v Derby

North East Ram

First time I’ve ever left a game at half-time.

Feel kind of blessed that Grealish scored just before half-time because I’d have stayed and wasted my afternoon otherwise.

Dont really need to even analyse the game because that wasn’t Derby County out there. We’ll never see that midfield/attack together again. 

You know when players compliment each other and make each other better? Well yesterday’s team did the absolute opposite, it was insulting how bad they were. Clearly never played together before and weren’t ready for a team like Villa at Villa Park.

Doubt I will ever forget that game but I honestly don’t care about it. It’s an anomaly to me.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Ramarena said:

I think the same goes for Frank, he wants to play a team/style that would be much better suited to the Prem than the champ, hence our good cup displays and good performances against newly relegated Prem sides earlier in the season.

I think Frank really needs to get his head around what it takes to do well in this division, if he is to go ahead with next seasons rebuild.......and it is a rebuild no matter what people say given the number of players that will be leaving and the number of players that will need to come in!  

I said similar a while back. It's as if he believes he can ignore the reality of the league. Too much making players play to a system and not enough play to their strengths and/or what is required. 

16 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I sigh and shake my head every time I see the name Evans on the team sheet. Certainly not the answer to our midfield woes unfortunately.....

I’m the same atm with him he’s done nothing to suggest he can improve us 

what I will say is if and it’s a very big I frank sees him as a young player who can learn and maybe more part of the squad than a starting fort teamer next season then wage wise he’s probably a much much much cheaper option to have around the squad than Bradley or say butterfield

i remember jim smiths promotion team and a one Sean Flynn 

happy to be in the squad knowing he was behind Powell and van de laan but could do a job when called upon

now evans in my eyes is that same sort of squad player, won’t kick off if not in the first 11, importantly young enough to still be learning and perhaps moulded into something better

if that’s what frank sees him as , I’m fine with it 

if he sees him as a first team regular next season .... I’m worried 

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I said similar a while back. It's as if he believes he can ignore the reality of the league. Too much making players play to a system and not enough play to their strengths and/or what is required. 

It was interesting this week.

amongst of the P#ss taking one older red dog made a very good and valid point to me 

he said that’s the first time in 4-5 years forest have been more powerful and stronger than derby

think he hit the nail on the head tbh 

look at our back four last season or season before, our midfield what’s it’s been 

then look at them now 

a lot of the championship is about power and strength .. certainly having it in the right areas 

we really don’t atm and it shows 

19 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I've had enough. It's almost 80 degrees out and perfect Floridian weather.

I think I'll take my 3 dogs, Frank, Lampard and Mel out for a run.

I may rename them next season.

I’m in Miami at the moment. Yes very warm!

14 hours ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Just got back from the game and all I have to say is that was the most disgraceful performance I have ever seen( I started going to games from 08/09 onwards)  and I hope Lampard really lays into them and  finds away to make major changes to our pitiful midfield and overall lack of cohesion and organisation.

Unfortunately that was the major changes ,6 in total.

32 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I’m the same atm with him he’s done nothing to suggest he can improve us 

what I will say is if and it’s a very big I frank sees him as a young player who can learn and maybe more part of the squad than a starting fort teamer next season then wage wise he’s probably a much much much cheaper option to have around the squad than Bradley or say butterfield

i remember jim smiths promotion team and a one Sean Flynn 

happy to be in the squad knowing he was behind Powell and van de laan but could do a job when called upon

now evans in my eyes is that same sort of squad player, won’t kick off if not in the first 11, importantly young enough to still be learning and perhaps moulded into something better

if that’s what frank sees him as , I’m fine with it 

if he sees him as a first team regular next season .... I’m worried 

We need better full stop.....

4 hours ago, Ram8 said:

What a shambles, I’m sorry but Frank Lampard has meddled and messed about with the line-up yet again, weakening it without any semblance of an alternative tactical plan. 

What did Evans, Wisdom and Bennett contributed yesterday. Answer, absolutely nothing! 

Where is Huddlestone? Is he injured? Without his calmness and anticipation, and ability to receive and retain the ball in tight situations at CDM we are exposed and Keogh and Tomori are overrun.

Why is Waghorn dropped? He isn’t a £5 million pound player or a Chris Martin, but he provides some physicality up front. Jack Marriott, for all his selfless running, and opportunism, is completely ineffective when we have no midfield to provide him with service. Did not Lampard even look at what Chris Martin could offer, or is he incapable of judging a player’s value to a team, or their attributes and abilities? 

What has Roos done to deserve being discarded? 

I’m afraid that Lampard is revealing his naivety and flawed judgement of the players at his disposal.

Wisdom is incapable of passing forward. Bogle, for all his inexperience is far better.

What does FL see in Mason Bennett? No penetration on the wing, no goal threat. 

I’ll exempt Max Bird from criticism as he did appear to try his best in a difficult situation for an inexperienced 18 year old. And Duane Holmes was the only midfielder who was willing or capable of holding the ball or moving it forward.

But how on earth could FL believe that a midfield of Evans, Bird and Holmes was capable of dealing with players such as Jack Grealish, or providing sufficient creativity to break open Villa’s defence, containing the excellent Tyrone Mings. 

Grealish is premiership class, actually better than our own (loanee) Mason Mount, and has that rare ability to receive the ball anywhere on the pitch, retain it, and bring other team mates into play, giving the impression of making time stand still whilst he does it. Surely a future England player. 

A few people have mentioned Will Hughes, I know he’s gone and that might seem to be futile, but it does provide an illustration of the gulf in midfield class that has opened up since we lost him. 

Is Frank Lampard capable of recognising the massive mistake that he made in team selection yesterday, and restoring some semblance of balance to the team with the return of Huddlestone and Waghorn, and accepting that such as Wisdom, Bennett, Evans, Lawrence, Nugent, Bryson and Johnson have no further part to play in the remainder of Derby County’s season? 

On current evidence, perhaps not, but I hope I am wrong, because yet another change of manager would be a disaster for the club in it’s present situation. 

Some of your points are quite relevant apart from the ones about Lawrence and Wisdom......this team is far better with Lawrence in it something that is quite clearly being demonstrated at the moment.

Wisdom is playing injured he needs a operation but is prepared to play in pain because we are so short of right back cover.

44 minutes ago, falconram said:

Cannot believe that a loanee in Mount when fit could be our saviour

I don’t like pinning our revival on him either.

After his form at the start of the season, he’s not been the same player since his England call-up or playing against Chelsea with a knock. Before his current injury lay-off, people were commenting that he goes missing in games and needs a rest from the team.

Even if he did come back into the team and provide the spark to turn our game back into fluid attacking football, he goes back at the end of the season and we’re back here again (also minus Wilson & Tomori).

We need to beef up the midfield because we are far too lightweight. At this point of the season we need to move on from the idea we can play pretty football; we clearly can't. We need to press high as team and move the ball around quickly.

Now the dust has settled after yesterday’s mess and you look at facts, we are 3 points behind Bristol who have to play Leeds, Sheff Utd, Boro, West Brom, Villa and the mighty sheep. We on the other hand only have Bristol and Birmingham left to play in the current top half.

I know this league doesn’t always conform, but if we can beat Wigan and Sheff wed and not lose to Stoke, the confidence should return, setting us up for the then remaining 9 fixtures or 12 if you count the playoffs ?

2 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

Now the dust has settled after yesterday’s mess and you look at facts, we are 3 points behind Bristol who have to play Leeds, Sheff Utd, Boro, West Brom, Villa and the mighty sheep. We on the other hand only have Bristol and Birmingham left to play in the current top half.

I know this league doesn’t always conform, but if we can beat Wigan and Sheff wed and not lose to Stoke, the confidence should return, setting us up for the then remaining 9 fixtures or 12 if you count the playoffs ?

Haven't you learned anything yet about trying to second guess who we should be beating?

11 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

Now the dust has settled after yesterday’s mess and you look at facts...

I

The main fact is that we are currently playing very poor football and have for most of the season. Our goal scoring record is appalling and that's because we don't create chances.

Frank's got to stop pissing about with selection; we all know, despite injuries, that Frank has unnecessarily messed about with the team e.g dropping Waghorn and Johnson for no discernible reason.

An intelligent manager once said "Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better." I think Frank needs to go back to basics!

Archived