Sack Frank

DCFC27

3 minutes ago, GadFly said:

These people are the reason attendances fluctuate with results. "Sing when we're winning", stay away when we're losing games, type fans. 

What is the problem with that? I've always been a season ticket holder, so it doesn't impact me, but if fans are more inclined to spend their hard earned cash when we're playing well, so what? Doesn't make them any less of a fan, you clearly have an elitist attitude to support. I go to the home games and a lot of away games and I've never felt I have the right to turn my noses up at other fans. They have different views to you so they're plastic and juvenile? Don't even agree with the original poster, I just don't like the name calling.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

What is the problem with that? I've always been a season ticket holder, so it doesn't impact me, but if fans are more inclined to spend their hard earned cash when we're playing well, so what? Doesn't make them any less of a fan, you clearly have an elitist attitude to support. I go to the home games and a lot of away games and I've never felt I have the right to turn my noses up at other fans. They have different views to you so they're plastic and juvenile? Don't even agree with the original poster, I just don't like the name calling.

I have less of a problem with it if people are open and admit to their plastic-ism... but you'll never find yourself a self-confessed plastic who openly admits that they're only interested if the team is winning. Instead they start calling for the managers head after a few poor results because they can't fathom that a second tier team can't win every game 6-0. Hence "go support Man City" - if all you're interested in is seeing ridiculously good, consistent, attacking football and winning every game... they're the club for you. 

13 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I’d love to say that this is a huge overreaction, but it’s expected with us now.

With GSE, Lampard would have had job security for half a decade, and a result like tonight’s and the run that we’re on would have barely caused a ripple on the concern-o-meter

Mel has set a different, more reactionary standard and it’s inevitably worked its way into the thinking of the fan base. 

If Clement, Pearson and McClaren et al couldn’t survive Mel’s expectations, what makes Lampard any different? Has Mel changed? 

Personally, I’d keep Frank. He isn’t the right man for the job now, but with time, growth and experience, he could very well be. A second season could be all he needs.

Why employ a novice manager if you are going to cut him loose 7 months into the season?

It defies logic, but with our club, nothing surprises me.

It’s endemic amongst football fans everywhere now mate.

Some Stoke fans who hounded Rowett out now want Jones out. 

It's the new way of supporting your football club, if you lose two games on the bounce your social media standing takes a hit from your online “friends” so you have to diss your club, manager and owner.

These knee jerk reactions owe more to people being embarrassed on Facebook than the way we are playing.

A few pros and cons of Lampard, in my opinion

Pros:

• Lowered the wage budget and signed (for the most part) players who should increase in value
  • Is willing to give youth a chance and it may just be a huge coincidence, but I personally believe one of the reasons our academy teams are doing so well is because they now know there's a route to the first team if they're good enough
  • If we are working on a tighter budget, he has the connections that allow us to bring in top tier loans ahead of other clubs
  • It's his first season ever as a manager, he had to sell the top scorer from last season and has had a hell of lot of injury problems throughout the season, but we're still just outside the play offs
  • A lot of player's contracts expire at the end of the season and he'll have a chance to fully build a team he wants
  • He got this bunch of players to compete against strong Man United, Chelsea and Southampton teams so there's evidence there that he can get us playing at a high level

Cons:

• Seems to have lost his way since earlier in the season. We're just not playing anywhere near the levels we were then and there's very little signs of it turning around anytime soon
  • Rotates way too much. It almost seems as if he feels bad for leaving out players and so just mixes it up to keep people happy. Jozefzoon and Johnson have both at times this season gone from not making the matchday squad, to being put straight into the starting 11
  • Ignoring the loanees, his permanent signings have been quite hit and miss. We sold Weimann and replaced him with a more tricky, but similarly ineffective winger in Jozefzoon. Spent 5 million on a striker to shove him out wide for most of the season. Signed Evans who's difficult to judge because of the injury, but he's not exactly stood-out during any of his performances. Holmes is great, but it's difficult for him to get in a good rhythm because he's moved from out-wide to centre mid every other week. I'm not sure if wages or player desire was the main reason, but bringing in Ambrose to be a backup whilst sending out Pearce who seemed a fantastic person to have around the club still is questionable. Cole looks like he can still do a good job for us despite his age and isn't here for so long that he'll halt Lowe's progress. And finally Marriott, who we can all see is a fantastic striker, but he's had a worrying number of injuries so early in his Derby career (which is something Lampard can't really control)

In my view, it would be silly to sack Lampard and yet again start over expecting someone else to come in, manage a group of players who've been signed by 4 or 5 managers for different systems and expect almost immediate results. He's really not had an easy start to life as manager and although the current performances and results are worrying, looking at the bigger picture he's not done too bad. 

To anyone advocating sacking Frank, I'd like to ask two quick questions. Firstly who do we replace him with? Secondly where is the evidence that this trigger happy nature will bring success. At some point we are gonna have to give a manager time to build a team around his own philosophy. It looked like Rowett was gonna be afforded that luxury until he was seduced away and we all know how that ended. There is no evidence apart from lazy journalism to say FL is gonna be leaving any time soon by his own accord. Let him get on with the job. Yes he's made mistakes and there is no guarantee he'll get it right but for me it's the best way forward and nobody yet has come up with a half decent counter argument. 

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

To anyone advocating sacking Frank, I'd like to ask two quick questions. Firstly who do we replace him with? Secondly where is the evidence that this trigger happy nature will bring success. At some point we are gonna have to give a manager time to build a team around his own philosophy. It looked like Rowett was gonna be afforded that luxury until he was seduced away and we all know how that ended. There is no evidence apart from lazy journalism to say FL is gonna be leaving any time soon by his own accord. Let him get on with the job. Yes he's made mistakes and there is no guarantee he'll get it right but for me it's the best way forward and nobody yet has come up with a half decent counter argument. 

Frank should never have been appointed in the first place. He hasn’t earned the right to start his managerial career a club like Derby - he should have started further down the leagues while we should have been looking for an experienced manager/coach. That said, it’s insane to suggest sacking him. He needs the summer to clear the dross and all of next season to see what he can do. If anyone is to blame it is Mel Morris - he has made one knee jerk decision after another when it comes to managers and I expect appointing Lampard had more to do with marketing and club profile than actual common sense.

Holy crap.... so a week ago it was panic stations for some “hands off Frank” type of stuff.... now a thread for his head. FL had been saying for weeks it’s a season of transition.

Maybe a season of testing? I don’t think many really expected us to be where we are at the start of the season. Too much expectancy maybe has been put on us having the likes of Wilson and Mount.

Just look at Stokes shambles! And we are still above Forest.

Here we go again.

Bl00dy great idea. Let's sack Frank. Bring in Wassall until the end of the season.

Then bring in a new manager who will want to build his own team and will make wholesale changes.  Start the season in the top six.

By next January start the usual slide into Feb. Sack the manager and get Wassall in.

Worked so well over the past few years hasn't it.

Grow up @DcfcJB

2 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

No way should we sack Frank in my opinion, but are you seriously suggesting there is nobody out there who would be worth hiring?

Without even looking through the list of currently unemployed managers Jokanovic and Wagner come to mind. 

8 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

Let’s be honest. When was the last time Frank looked happy in an interview. When was the last time the players looked like they enjoyed playing. When was the last time Frank and Jody looked interested on the touch line. 

Is it just me or should a bit of passion need to be shown on the sidelines and the pitch. We only showed a bit of passion when the final whistle went. 

Did anybody else watch Huddlestone and Wisdom talking on the bench and think they were talking about other players. You don’t normally see subs talking for that length of time. 

And perhaps the fans can get behind them in the first place. Maybe they are just playing to the silence that we seem to create week in week out.

I know some are going to say, you only shout when there is something to shout about, but this is rubbish. Others IE Leeds manage to cheer and shout no matter what.

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No way should we sack Frank in my opinion, but are you seriously suggesting there is nobody out there who would be worth hiring?

Without even looking through the list of currently unemployed managers Jokanovic and Wagner come to mind. 

I don't recall suggesting there wasn't anybody worthy of replacing him. Just interested who they thought that person would be. The two you suggest have experience of getting teams promoted but have ultimately failed once in the Premier League so on that basis are they the right fit? 

Just now, Steve How Hard? said:

I don't recall suggesting there wasn't anybody worthy of replacing him. Just interested who they thought that person would be. The two you suggest have experience of getting teams promoted but have ultimately failed once in the Premier League so on that basis are they the right fit? 

Wagner failed in the Premier League?

He kept the second worst team to ever play in that division up!

3 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Would they want it, could we afford them, and as you say, what’s makes them a better bet than we already have.

Modern day fans like to play the game through CM19 nowadays, give a manager 7 months and expect them to have fixed the failings of the least 10 years within 2 transfer windows and in a limited budget, if that fails sack them and bring the next one in ?

Wenger could have been an option as well ?

Sack him is crazy.

But questions should be asked formations, tactics, selection of players and motivation and yes where are we going which is really worrying for me.

Some players play get left out then disappear I really do question if any midfield player is better than Thorne I have simply not seen it even an unfit Thorne.

7 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

Sack him is crazy.

But questions should be asked formations, tactics, selection of players and motivation and yes where are we going which is really worrying for me.

Some players play get left out then disappear I really do question if any midfield player is better than Thorne I have simply not seen it even an unfit Thorne.

Totally agree with the crazy situation of players not being in the squad one week and then starting the next,  it's bizarre.

Regards George Thorne, the last game I remember him playing was the 4-1 mauling by Sunderland and it was a sad reminder that he looked unlikely to be anything like the player he once was.

Archived