Ipswich Town vs Derby County Match Thread

RadioactiveWaste

7 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

As a football fan I have expectations, I expected Derby who are 7th to go to Ipswich who are 24th and get 3 points, end of. We got 1. Not 0 but not 3. I get the fact that lambert has changed things slightly and they will be scrapping for everything but why aren’t we doing the same to get into the top 6! If we lose at Brighton then what have we gained? A changed side at Ipswich and points dropped and an FA cup exit after resting players. We don’t show up enough of the time, I was really impressed with the second half v Hull and then we go and churn out that dire performance. Lampard has to manage better and Keogh has to Captain with more authority (I’m not blaming Keogh, he did okay tonight) but I want to see my Captain pulling players across and giving them a kick up the backside. While Lawrence was down and the game going away from us I want Keogh to be in peoples ears giving them some words of encouragement or some stick to fire them up. King and Johnson was never going to work. Need all 3 points v Millwall now

Unbelievable!!! Criticising Keoghs' captaincy tonight is just plain daft - these are professional footballers who shouldn't need guidance like a bunch of kids. It sickens me the way some posters, no matter what, will find some angle to stick the boot in.

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Frank doesn’t seem to have cottoned on to this yet sadly, like to see our win rate with/without him

Good question: 
With Huddlestone starting or playing 40+ minutes in a game, we have: 9 wins, 5 draws and 5 losses in 19 games. 
With Huddlestone not playing or playing less than 40 minutes, we have: 8 wins, 4 losses and 7 draws in 19 games. 

If you isolate just the league games: with TH: 8 wins, 4 losses and 4 draws in 16 games. Without TH: 6 wins, 4 losses and 5 draws. We have only won 2 of our last 9 league games where Huddlestone didn't play a key role though. I think that has shown just how important he has become in the past few months.

Just now, McLovin said:

Hope you’re right. After Rowett though, we shouldn’t take anything for granted. Lampard sold out his boyhood club West Ham and then left Chelsea for Man City. 

Not really (according to my Chelsea mate). Chelseas model is to only offer 1 year contracts max after players reach early 30s.

Frank had run out of road there and wasn't being offered a new deal. So they mutually parted.

Think you're right on West ham tho....

Just now, Ambitious said:

Good question: 
With Huddlestone starting or playing 40+ minutes in a game, we have: 9 wins, 5 draws and 5 losses in 19 games. 
With Huddlestone not playing or playing less than 40 minutes, we have: 8 wins, 4 losses and 7 draws in 19 games. 

If you isolate just the league games: with TH: 8 wins, 4 losses and 4 draws in 16 games. Without TH: 6 wins, 4 losses and 5 draws. We have only won 2 of our last 9 league games where Huddlestone didn't play a key role though. I think that has shown just how important he has become in the past few months.

But does he play a higher percentage of home games?

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Unbelievable!!! Criticising Keoghs' captaincy tonight is just plain daft - these are professional footballers who shouldn't need guidance like a bunch of kids. It sickens me the way some posters, no matter what, will find some angle to stick the boot in.

Criticising? No. Just asking that he try’s to be more vocal and try and bring players up to the effort level he and some others are showing? As I said he did well tonight.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Hope you’re right. After Rowett though, we shouldn’t take anything for granted. Lampard sold out his boyhood club West Ham and then left Chelsea for Man City. 

Lampard got abused by the fans at West ham at the start of his time there , with many calling him Fat frank, and people at first thought he was only playing due to nepotism with Uncle Harry being the manager. You can't really blame him for wanting to leave West Ham , when a much richer and ambitious club come in for you , you are going to leave unless there is a massive rivalry between the clubs and there isn't really.

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Jesus you talk so much rubbish it's untrue, give it a rest please, you are deffo a wim or a fool.

2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Not really (according to my Chelsea mate). Chelseas model is to only offer 1 year contracts max after players reach early 30s.

Frank had run out of road there and wasn't being offered a new deal. So they mutually parted.

Think you're right on West ham tho....

You’re right about the Chelsea contract model but I still found it strange at the time him joining one of his former club’s title rivals?( I know the links between New York City and Man City). I didn’t particularly like Rowett but I always thought he’d be loyal because of his links with the club. Him leaving makes me wonder anything can happen and all managers always put themselves first( I’d do the same if I’m honest because it’s still a job at the end of the day).

1 minute ago, Derby blood said:

Jesus you talk so much rubbish it's untrue, give it a rest please, you are deffo a wim or a fool.

I’m definitely a wim - “A guy who is extremely confident and outgoing around people. These characteristics make it so extremely hot babes flock to him”

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Literally none of the above is true. Not a word. Cheap and thinly veiled smear and nothing more. Not the first time either.

5 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Lampard got abused by the fans at West ham at the start of his time there , with many calling him Fat frank, and people at first thought he was only playing due to nepotism with Uncle Harry being the manager. You can't really blame him for wanting to leave West Ham , when a much richer and ambitious club come in for you , you are going to leave unless there is a massive rivalry between the clubs and there isn't really.

West Ham did everything for him though, it would be like Hughesy joining forest. It would be a kick in the teeth for the fans. All that’s in the past though, let’s hope he is all the wiser for it

5 minutes ago, RamNut said:

But does he play a higher percentage of home games?

Yes, you're right, although not by a lot. He's played in 9 home and 7 away. He's been omitted from 9 away and 6 at home. HOWEVER, only one of the last six games that he hasn't been selected in has been a home game. He's played in two of the six away games we've had since 1st December. 

10 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I think that has shown just how important he has become in the past few months.

Or that the rest of the midfield isn't functioning very well - allowing Huddlestone's long ball game to look better that the passing/pressing game we had earlier in the season.

Just now, McLovin said:

West Ham did everything for him though, it would be like Hughesy joining forest. It would be a kick in the teeth for the fans. All that’s in the past though, let’s hope he is all the wiser for it

LOL, yeah, they also got £16 million for him in 2001 but yeah, all down to Frank.

12 minutes ago, Gisby said:

One of the fruit bats here .... despite my glass being half full got to admit was a disappointing result tonight. Frank got his team selection wrong & those that he picked let him down. Never mind, poo happens, Frank will learn from this, we didn’t lose & we move on, win your home games & draw the away and all that. No one died, the FA cup is a free hit, bring on Milwall. We still in the mix and in Frank I still trust. COYR. 

Cup game Saturday would still have been a free hit even if we hadn't changed the team from hull.

32 minutes ago, Hanny said:

Saying the Championship is not a tough league, is like saying Mandelbrots set of complex numbers is a little convoluted. Seems a bit disingenuous. 

Every team below us are rubbish...you can’t tell me that they aren’t. 

We should have buried that lot tonight. 

Archived