19/20 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Nuwtfly

11 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Wilson is being sold for big money, and Brewster and origi are strikers. Leaves Liverpool with salah, mane and Shaqiri wide. That’s one short for me. Given they won’t get much money for Kent, and you have to have 4 homegrown players in your squad, it would make logistic sense to keep him, Even if he isn’t good enough and will barely feature.

In addition if Wilson isn’t good enough then Ryan Kent is no where near good enough. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DcfcJB said:

No all he would be doing is blocking the path of another young player... Klopp has said he too old for another loan and he needs to be sold to play first team football i.e “Ryan, you’re not good enough and we don’t think you will ever be”. 

As for Origi and Brewster, they have both played on the wings at times for Liverpool, they also play an interchanging front three so they all end up playing on the wing or striker at times. 

All depends on who’s coming through though... think klopps being a little harsh there, can still have another season out on loan at 22 but clearly that’s not the path liverpool are taking. He will be sold there’s no doubt on that, probably abroad is my guess.

Origi and Brewster can both play on the wing, but they’re both better upfront, and may be needed there now Sturbridge is gone.

From what I’ve seen/know of Kent, he could fit the Cocu winger type. So far in preseason, we have seen a Derby team that try to get the ball forward with pace, particularly seeing wingers run with the ball or run onto long passes. 

Kent is blessed with pace and can run with the ball direct well. I’m not sure we could go to £7m (I’m not sure anyone on here knows what we can afford) but like the Bielik deal, if structured well it could be possible for us to get him in too.

54 minutes ago, r4derby said:

From what I’ve seen/know of Kent, he could fit the Cocu winger type. So far in preseason, we have seen a Derby team that try to get the ball forward with pace, particularly seeing wingers run with the ball or run onto long passes. 

Kent is blessed with pace and can run with the ball direct well. I’m not sure we could go to £7m (I’m not sure anyone on here knows what we can afford) but like the Bielik deal, if structured well it could be possible for us to get him in too.

Maybe we could do a similar deal as Leeds have with Costa, a season loan with the obligation to buy next summer, would mean the deal going under a different years finances

47 minutes ago, Sean said:

Lawrence Shankland has scored four this afternoon... Always seems to have done very well, how much would he be worth?

Dont touch him with a barge pole. He's found his level. There's a reason no one took a punt on him at Christmas after scoring loads. 2nd half of the season he completely tailed off. 

39 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I said it the other day, Sergi Canos from Brentford would be one of my targets, assuming we had money to play with.

Please someone tell me why I still have this sneaky suspicion that Mel is gonna pull a Harry Wilson magic trick out of his top hat.

Brentford turned down a bid of over £6 million from a foreign club recently for Canos 

only just had a chance to post this , with Derby not playing till tomorrow , me and a couple of mates met up with my brother in law and went to watch his local team Petrboro play Fleetwood , after the game we went to the pub and got talking to some Peterboro fans , who were very downbeat , especially about Maddison being on the bench and then when brought on set up Peterboros goal , we asked why they thought he was on the bench and one replied , without knowing that we were Rams fans , that Derby , Hull , Preston and Huddersfield were in a 4way fight to sign him ,

Need a winger who can run at players like Jack Harrison, absolutely bossed the Bristol fullback. He also has quality as well as speed. Currently Lawrence can only emulate what he does 1 every 4 games and Jozefzoon doesn’t do any of that. I say again Ryan Kent for 7m would be a steal....

Archived