Roof over Pride Park

RamNut

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 03/04/2019 at 14:22, Srg said:

Not really, if someone is tall stood in front of someone small, you'd really struggle to see with a less of slope and smaller steps for each row. Whereas if each step is a bigger drop making the stadium steeper, that would be an extremely rare occurrence.

Moral of the story ......ALL SHORT@RSES GET FRONT ROW SEATS !!

On 26/06/2019 at 12:50, Spanish said:

trying to remember but definitely lower than the pitch (about 3 ft?)

At columbo section (next to osmaston stand ) the drop was at least 5foot as you could only just see the pitch.  It may well have been closer to 7foot the drop

An arsenal player , Perry groves ,in 1990 after the fencing was removed nearly fell in once and was suspended on advertising board.

Really dangerous for players who needed to know about the significant drop so close to the edge of the pitch 

19 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Why not have a temporary roof like a big tarpaulin? Just have a load of blokes up there (pay them in beer) who can pull it over if it rains. A friend asked this question.

Has no one considered the idea of a giant umbrella?

On 28/06/2019 at 08:49, TimRam said:

Why not have a temporary roof like a big tarpaulin? Just have a load of blokes up there (pay them in beer) who can pull it over if it rains. A friend asked this question.

Apparently that's how the Coliseum worked in it's heyday. Hopefully we've advanced a little bit since then!

On 28/06/2019 at 05:45, Igorlegend11 said:

At columbo section (next to osmaston stand ) the drop was at least 5foot as you could only just see the pitch.  It may well have been closer to 7foot the drop

An arsenal player , Perry groves ,in 1990 after the fencing was removed nearly fell in once and was suspended on advertising board.

Really dangerous for players who needed to know about the significant drop so close to the edge of the pitch 

Surely it wasn't a 7 foot drop, it would have made the first rows totally redundant? @David, who is apparently a giant of a man (physically as well as computer savvy), was only a wee lad and still wouldn't have been able to see the pitch from next to the fence.

Saw in the DT this week that some fairly top profile gig was cancelled in Derbt due to lack of support. Organisers said ( I paraphrase) Derby is not big enough to host this sort of event. The Arena is struggling, the Playhouse is hardly profitable. I hop eMel knows what he is doing.

17 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Saw in the DT this week that some fairly top profile gig was cancelled in Derbt due to lack of support. Organisers said ( I paraphrase) Derby is not big enough to host this sort of event. The Arena is struggling, the Playhouse is hardly profitable. I hop eMel knows what he is doing.

Is it just me or does that not make sense? 

If the gig was cancelled due to lack of support, why would you need a bigger venue? Lack of support implies insufficient tickets sold not insufficient tickets available. 

26 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Implication to me was that Derby does not have the support for big gigs, hence a roof over PP is not a viable financial option

Derby probably doesn't, it'd have to be built up as a destination venue - you don't think Milton Keanes itself provides the demand for those big concerts they have there?

If it was, for example, the utterly inexplicably popular Ed Sheeran with 40K tickets available at Derby's Pride Park Stadium, they'd sell, and prbably not that many of them in Derby vs everywhere else.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Derby probably doesn't, it'd have to be built up as a destination venue - you don't think Milton Keanes itself provides the demand for those big concerts they have there?

If it was, for example, the utterly inexplicably popular Ed Sheeran with 40K tickets available at Derby's Pride Park Stadium, they'd sell, and prbably not that many of them in Derby vs everywhere else.

Yep I think it depends on who is playing. I’ve been to Manchester to watch Prince I think it was Prince or that symbol thing. It was a good night too “you sexy mother ducker”. Rather rude if you ask me but he sold out.

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

Yep I think it depends on who is playing. I’ve been to Manchester to watch Prince I think it was Prince or that symbol thing. It was a good night too “you sexy mother ducker”. Rather rude if you ask me but he sold out.

Maine Road? If so, I was there too.

9 hours ago, richinspain said:

Surely it wasn't a 7 foot drop, it would have made the first rows totally redundant? @David, who is apparently a giant of a man (physically as well as computer savvy), was only a wee lad and still wouldn't have been able to see the pitch from next to the fence.

It really was.  The first row was actually a walk way on columbo terrace, sunk quite a bit  deeper than next row 

The next few rows were all done way below pitch level.  Amazing but true .....

I sat in all stands at BBG and by far best atmosphere was in Columbo terrace  ....C stand was next best. 

On 03/04/2019 at 14:36, AutoWindscreens said:

The differences between people's heights when seated are less than the differences when standing. Take the legs out and you take out a large factor of difference.

Dont problems arise pitch wise when they put seats on the pitch?

Archived