Roof over Pride Park

RamNut

22 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Now the ground is owned by Morris, whether putting a roof on it is successful or not it doesnt make a difference to us as a club, will hit Morris' other company & bank balance

If he rents the ground to DCFC, he would probably seek their permission to hold concerts and pay a percentage of profits into the club.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, ossieram said:

If he rents the ground to DCFC, he would probably seek their permission to hold concerts and pay a percentage of profits into the club.

Then regardless of success we wont lose money only gain money in that situation

On 28/06/2019 at 04:45, Igorlegend11 said:

At columbo section (next to osmaston stand ) the drop was at least 5foot as you could only just see the pitch.  It may well have been closer to 7foot the drop

An arsenal player , Perry groves ,in 1990 after the fencing was removed nearly fell in once and was suspended on advertising board.

Really dangerous for players who needed to know about the significant drop so close to the edge of the pitch 

I’m amazed that the drop behind goals at Old Trafford is allowed. Looks so dangerous if a player runs off. Been like that for years too. Bizarre 

On 29/06/2019 at 18:49, FindernRam said:

Implication to me was that Derby does not have the support for big gigs, hence a roof over PP is not a viable financial option

I’ll never support big Giggs, he was exaggerating too according to his brother 

• 7 months later...
14 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Sorry to bump a old thread, but is this roof business till happening? If so any ideas when? Mel said something last summer about it happening and yet it’s been really quiet ever since.

Haven’t heard any updates. Probably get slated by the EFL for even considering it at the moment.

19 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

"Slated"? - that's kind of them to offer. But I'm not sure that slates will work with the retractable mechanism.

I think it was an idea Mel thatched a few years ago, perhaps he’s got tiled of it and put a lid on it ?

Archived