Preston North End vs Derby County Matchday Thread

RadioactiveWaste

17 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I am in a whole world of trouble.

You never call, you never write, then all of a sudden this comes... right out of the blue! 

Do you even realise how worried we are right now!

Get back to us.  Let us know you are safe, at least!

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Does anyone know if half and half scarves will be on sale for this one? Maybe you can help me in that respect @Alpha ? I know how much you like those.

They are on sale mate. Pricey though. Transfer £20 into my account and I'll pick you one up. 

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I'm guessing that the pessimism stems from the fact that whilst we sit 6th in the table our form is very patchy even though I feel we are not too far of where we'd like to be in that respect. If you couple that with our talisman Mason Mount missing and no natural replacement for the suspended right back Jayden Boyle then it may explain peoples concerns. I also think your two recent impressive away results have also added fuel to the above fire. Good luck for the rest of the season apart from tonight. I reckon you have a decent manager there in Alex Neill. 

I’ve seen people mentioning your injury problems, we could only dream of having that as our crisis. Think it was 11/12 first team players out at one point over Christmas. Now some players are back results are turning as you can see from last two games so our league position definitely doesn’t do justice to how we can play. First goal will be vital tonight. AN is a cracking manager but unfortunately it’s taken til now for him to backed a little financially. I personally think our full strength team could push for playoffs after we just missed out last year

Good luck for rest of season (after tonight). Hopefully you get promoted and no longer taking 6 points off us 

4 minutes ago, Prestonian1888 said:

I’ve seen people mentioning your injury problems, we could only dream of having that as our crisis. Think it was 11/12 first team players out at one point over Christmas. Now some players are back results are turning as you can see from last two games so our league position definitely doesn’t do justice to how we can play. First goal will be vital tonight. AN is a cracking manager but unfortunately it’s taken til now for him to backed a little financially. I personally think our full strength team could push for playoffs after we just missed out last year

Good luck for rest of season (after tonight). Hopefully you get promoted and no longer taking 6 points off us 

We're not at crisis point, we're just a bit divaish as a fanbase.

it's more that there's a growing concern that it'd only take one or two in key positions and we'd start to struggle.

With Bogle and Wisdom out i'm very worried about the defence. Maybe if we hadn't have loaned out our only CB cover we could have played Tomori, Pearce, Keogh, Malone. Still can't believe we've done that. 

Roos

*Anya Keogh Tomori Malone

Hudds

Bryson Wilson

Waghorn Marriott Holmes. 

Despite what i saw many saying, i was far from convinced of Holmes at right back. Putting him there also sacrifices our best attacking threat from recent weeks. Can't think of any other ways round the issue, unless we play Evans/Hudds as a CB and move Tomori to RB. 

*If we have to pay Watford money to play Anya again then scrap this and make do with Holmes there. 

6 minutes ago, Prestonian1888 said:

That's the general consensus amongst Championship fans, that you guys got hammered with injuries and now you are back to full strength your results are picking right up.

Although my PNE mates have concerns in the GK department for you, probably amplified by the quality loans that you have had in that position in recent seasons.

As for tonight, tough game and I'd take a point if offered right now.

7 minutes ago, Prestonian1888 said:

Tbf we do have A LOT of players out right now. Unavailable for tonight are Forsyth, Mount, Carson, Wisdom, Olsson, Davies, Bogle. We’ve also got Lawrence, Marriott and Bryson only just returning tonight (possibly), Cole not yet match fit and king not available. I make that us 9 down and three doubtful.  And that’s not even mentioning those banished to the u23s.

Dont think the media/ other teams know quite how depleted we are atm.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Tbf we do have A LOT of players out right now. Unavailable for tonight are Forsyth, Mount, Carson, Wisdom, Olsson, Davies, Bogle. We’ve also got Lawrence, Marriott and Bryson only just returning tonight (possibly), Cole not yet match fit and king not available. I make that us 9 down and three doubtful.  And that’s not even mentioning those banished to the u23s.

Dont think the media/ other teams know quite how depleted we are atm.

Been thin on the ground for a while now, yet for some inexplicable reason we have had fit players like Johnson, Anya etc doing nothing but picking up 20 grand a week plus for sitting at home. Whilst at the same time putting sub standard youngsters and semi fit pros on the bench. Makes very little sense, the best way to offload players would be to have them on the pitch or bench at very least. Who in their right mind would buy or loan a player not deemed good enough to displace a 17 year old kid from the match day squad ( without us paying their wages still)

1 hour ago, Prestonian1888 said:

Unlikely that we will be promoted but it’s always nice to be flirting at it. We are definitely a team in transition and the next year or two will be intresting 

A win would be good but I can't  see past a draw against a decent and organised Preston side. A draw wouldn't be bad, we have some winnable games coming up. 

Roos 

tomori   Keogh   Wisdom  malone

huddlestone 

Holmes           Wilson 

josefzoon    Waghorn     Lawrence 

Archived