Preston North End vs Derby County Matchday Thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Prestonian1888 said:

Preston fan in peace - Just been reading your predictions for tonights game and I've noticed not a lot of you are confident of a win and some aren't even cofident of draw. Bit puzzled as you are just inside the play offs and playing good football whilst we are 10 points behind and our record against you isn't the best. Looking at your squad you have a good team especially attacking. I'm going for a 0-2 loss and would chop your hand off for a draw.

I'm guessing that the pessimism stems from the fact that whilst we sit 6th in the table our form is very patchy even though I feel we are not too far of where we'd like to be in that respect. If you couple that with our talisman Mason Mount missing and no natural replacement for the suspended right back Jayden Boyle then it may explain peoples concerns. I also think your two recent impressive away results have also added fuel to the above fire. Good luck for the rest of the season apart from tonight. I reckon you have a decent manager there in Alex Neill. 

Is there anything concrete about Marriott being out? Last I read he was ill for the Accrington game, but should be fine for tonight.

Gonna plump for:

Roos
Tomori    Keogh       Evans       Malone
                    Huddlestone
            Wilson              Holmes
Lawrence         Marriott        Waghorn

6 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Setting off for the short train journey from Manchester to Preston in a sec. I’m going with my Canadian mate from uni and we plan to stop off at a few pubs between the station and the ground.

The only other football (not handegg) game he’s attended? Man United away. 

There's one thing for sure.

There won't be a penalty shootout

Like a good away day in Preston but unfortunately can't make it due to work commitments. Was decking freezing last year , bank holiday Monday I think ! 

Team for tonight I'd like to see Wilson back in his natural position as a wide forward but due to the lack of central midfield options guessing he will fill that void. 

Roos

Holmes.      Keogh.       Tomori.    Malone 

Huddlestone

Bryson.                      Wilson 

Lawrence.        Marriott.         Waghorn 

Interesting to see what Lampard does with the right back situation tonight. Not really sure who can play there.

Tomori is probably best suited but that would involve moving the centre half partnership and probably playing Evans or Huddlestone centre half. But for me you want as little disruption as possible. Why play 2 players out of position when you only need to play one?

Im hoping it's something like this:-

Roos

Holmes, Keogh, Tomori, Malone

Huddlestone

Bryson.               Wilson

Lawrence.      Marriott.       Waghorn

Subs- Carson, Macdonald, Evans, Cole, Jozefzoon, Nugent, Bennett.

Saw a poster earlier say Marriott wasn't fit. If not I'd play Waghorn through the middle and Jozefzoon out wide. But I think Lampard would play Bennett. Carson should be fit enough for the bench. Just have to hope Roos don't get injured or sent off.

I actually think that come the Hull game and we've got Bogle and Wisdom there and Andy King in the squad. We're looking stronger. Hopefully Mount won't be out for too long either. 

COME ON DERBY!

Archived