Preston North End vs Derby County Matchday Thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DJFern94 said:

To be fair to Evans, every game he plays, I do think he is slowly growing into the role. 

I can’t figure out what it is he does well?

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think he’s a bad player. I’m just not seeing anything in his game at the minute that would make me pick him over Huddlestone. Or Thorne. At least Bradley Johnson offers that bit of bite (literally).

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

I can’t figure out what it is he does well?

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think he’s a bad player. I’m just not seeing anything in his game at the minute that would make me pick him over Huddlestone. Or Thorne. At least Bradley Johnson offers that bit of bite (literally).

I do think this is Frank thinking long term. Giving him more game experience, with the idea that he will be easily our best CDM option next season. 

Here's a scenario I've definitely noted happening at least a few times this season:

Cross into Derby box;
Cleared by Derby;
Loops towards Bryson at the edge of the box, in enough space to bring the ball down and start a counter; 
Bryson heads it on to the opposition defenders.

Makes my eye twitch.

Just now, DJFern94 said:

I do think this is Frank thinking long term. Giving him more game experience, with the idea that he will be easily our best CDM option next season. 

What about the way he has played since he’s featured for us makes you think that?

Archived