Preston North End vs Derby County Matchday Thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Squid said:

Tough game. Haven’t they scored in every home game so far this season? 

Yes, but they've also conceded in all but 2 (QPR and Wigan)

Their home form is quite interesting:

Wins: Blackburn, Brentford, Millwall, QPR, Wigan - beating teams they would expect/hope to, really, with the possible exception of Blackburn

Draws: Villa, Bolton, Boro, Rotherham, Stoke, Swansea- talk about a mixed bag. 

Losses: Hull, Reading, West Brom.

Looking at that, I'd be very disappointed if we lost. But we're not going to. We're going to win. Or my name's not Hugh Jackman.

6 hours ago, SaintRam said:

That would be one hell of a debut ?

I assume at 7-0 up with a corner in the last minute, Roos says "duck it" and comes up for it? ? 

Hahaha. Either that or he runs the length of the pitch to slide tackle someone (again) and the ball takes a huge deflection and loops over their keeper

1 hour ago, mastah said:

Probably a question for the PNE ticketing office but is it possible to buy away tickets from the ground itself on the day? Not 100% sure if I can go plus live in the NW so driving to the ground from home if I do end up going.

DCFC tickets aren't told about pay on the day until a day or so before - probably so they don't offer it if there are only a few tickets left. If 600/2000 is to be believed, then chances are there probably will be some on the day sales.

Just looking at the stats for this - Preston haven't beaten us since Dec '08. Since then we've played 11, won 8, and drawn 3. 

So it's either a nailed on win or I've jinxed it and owe you all an apology.

how do we feel the predicted snowfall might help or hinder our dcfc cause ? would a postponement aid the return of certain dcfc injury worries ?  my gut feeling - get our 3points on the board and hope that others get their matches postponed? DO PNE have under pitch heating - help ??

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 20:23, Sutty Preston said:

Preston fan in peace. Just reading some of your thoughts on the game before I put my bets on. 

We have been weak in defence this season as suggested. For me that stems from the slow to start of the season when we lost a number of key players to injuries and suspension. It’s taken us until January to get everybody back fit. We seem to have gained some confidence and consistency in that area at last since the start of Jan.

Our attacking performance is also surprising considering we haven’t really had a striker for the first half of the season. Thankfully that’s sorted now with Stockley signing and Maguire back fit. The goals have really been coming from our midfield which I can honestly say in 25 years of supporting Preston is the strongest I can remember. I suspect we might lose a few in the summer.

Parsnip, love your comment “Preston to me are like Sheff Utd... I just can’t bring myself to worry about them” ? I think every Preston fan knows we’re not the most fashionable. In fact most fans come out with “...teams like Preston” comment. We quite like being under the radar. I’m sure we’re responsible for most managers sackings each season.

Anyway, not come to cause trouble. I’m quietly surprised how well Lampard has done for you. I thought Rowett was an absolute fool to have left Derby. I fully expect you to be around the playoffs come the end of the season. I did expect a little better on the goals tally from Waghorn though? I also see Nugent (one of my favourite ever Preston strikers) has been coming off the bench a lot recently?

I will say, that along with our last two wins against QPR and Stoke, our performances have been incredible. It will definitely be a good game come Friday.

What do you think to Browne? I like him from what little I have seen on TV

I agree about your midfield in general.

14 minutes ago, David said:

I’m very happy with how the first team and academy works now. It’s something we’ve wanted for years but Lampard and Morris are both really acknowledging it’s presence and working with them to bring players through and it’s great that he wants them to have a full squad for the youth cup. 

Presuming players are fit and we don't see any incomings: 

Roos 

Wisdom Tomori Keogh Malone 

Huddlestone Wilson Bryson 

Waghorn Marriott Holmes 

Subs: Mitchell, Cole, Evans, Jozefzoon, Lawrence, Bennett, Nugent

Would love to see Ashley Cole get some game time 

Archived