FA Cup Round 5 Opponents

Poynton ram

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get why people are so disappointed, both are winnable games against good opposition and will be a good test of the team's credentials. If we got someone like Chelsea, City or Man u that would be boring as we  have already played Chelsea and Man u this season and a game against City would be  a guaranteed loss., I would have preferred a game like Doncaster at home , but the tie we have been given is still winnable. With Chelsea playing Man U , and Wimbledon playing Millwall and other teams outside  the top flight being drawn against each other  if we can get to the next round we could have a good chance of making it to Wembley .

4 minutes ago, StevenageRam said:

At least it will be Saturday at 3pm. Not one for the tv

3 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Yet another great cup draw. I haven't been to either of those grounds yet, but both are supposed to make for cracking away days. Both are games that we have a good chance of winning. Unlikely to be on TV so a doable trip for those of us who fancy the trip. What's not to like?

Let's go as far as we can!

Unlikely to be TV in this country, but if it's Brighton someone abroad will take it, so likely to be an evening kick off.

1 minute ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

I don't get why people are so disappointed, both are winnable games against good opposition and will be a good test of the team's credentials. If we got someone like Chelsea, City or Man u that would be boring as we  have already played Chelsea and Man u this season and a game against City would be  a guaranteed loss., I would have preferred a game like Doncaster at home , but the tie we have been given is still winnable. With Chelsea playing Man U , and Wimbledon playing Millwall and other teams outside  the top flight being drawn against each other  if we can get to the next round we could have a good chance of making it to Wembley .

Either game will be tough. Not the best draw for me....

Just now, Eric the half a ram said:

Lol, slightly further West than that i-ram, but close enough! I hope its Brighton cos that's my birthday weekend, might even persuade the wife to buy my tickets,  she's always wondering what to get me!:-? 

I hope it’s Brighton too Eric, as l live in Rustington, and my Lad lives in Hove.  Hope you have a good birthday ?

20 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Hmmmmmmmmmm that’s not a great draw for our hopes. Not disastrous but Won’t be easy. Literally always away, may do a trip to Brighton mind.

Nice pies and ale at Brighton, none of that fizzy perhiss rubbish?

"No replays in 5th Rnd.

A reminder that there will be no replays in the fifth round - all eight ties will be played to a finish on the day of the game.

If the scores are level after 90 minutes, extra-time and penalties will be used to decide the winner.

All ties will be will take place between 15-18 February."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/46893110

Just now, Mucker1884 said:

"No replays in 5th Rnd.

A reminder that there will be no replays in the fifth round - all eight ties will be played to a finish on the day of the game.

If the scores are level after 90 minutes, extra-time and penalties will be used to decide the winner.

All ties will be will take place between 15-18 February."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/46893110

I like the sound of that. Now just get rid of the extra time and it will be almost perfect.

Archived